Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Wed 07-Apr-21 06:12:16

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its a dry start here in Brackley this morning, but probably cold outside .
Today ,an easy day in, maybe shredding with new shredder , I had a call from surgery as the cardiac had sent them a letter s to dosage of betablockers , due to my irregular heartbeat .
Should pick up all the prescriptions soon .
I was expecting a call as to my 2nd covid jab , but not yet .
Had an enjoyable hour out on the bus yesterday as well.
Mick

olddudders Wed 07-Apr-21 10:04:44

Good Morning - and it is bright and sunny if still chilly - from France.

It hath come to my notice that Ashcombe (DW) has been out and about in dubious circs. Ahem, but no change there! Well the rôle-play audition she was undertaking was being held in the former police station at Brixham, and concerned a jail scene enactment. Perhaps someone should have just locked them all in! I think the handful of people involved have all had their first jab, at least. We expect to be Zooming with the organiser later - he's 78 and does a great job of promoting performing arts groups throughout Torbay and beyond - so he can get a virtual slapped wrist. Although I understand some men pay extra for that sort of thing....

Once the frost is off the lawn I may push the mower round for an hour or so.

GrannyOwl5 Wed 07-Apr-21 10:01:00

Morning everyone from a bright and sunny north Kent coast, but still very chilly. Had to ferry all the seedlings in from the greenhouse overnight in case of frost.

DS’s birthday today so he will be popping by shortly. Can’t believe he is 41; where have all those years gone?!

Planning on a walk later this morning; enjoy this time of the peering into gardens seeing all the blossom and new growth.

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe

Grandmabatty Wed 07-Apr-21 09:58:13

Taichinan I do follow Windy! That's where I first heard the term graupel so I use it now and pretend I'm clever!

LauraNorder Wed 07-Apr-21 09:48:17

Good morning Mick and all from overcast but slightly warmer Anglesey.,There were moments yesterday that would have emasculated brass monkeys.
Have come straight to the end of the thread as I have to pop out so will go back and read all your updates later on.
???

Taichinan Wed 07-Apr-21 09:45:57

Good morning everyone from a calmer but less sunny Angus coast. I don't think I've ever known such a cold 'cold snap' as this one has been!
Went out to pay last respects to a friend's husband and then went to another friend's garden for a chat and cuppa - and a set of tai chi of course ? It was lovely to catch up, but I was exhausted from battling against the wind. Must be getting old!
Nothing much planned today, just the usual chores and another assault in the ironing pile.
I'm glad you explained your name yesterday Olddudders I too had wondered until I noticed the double 'd'! ?
You don't happen to follow Windy Wilson's page on FB do you Grandmabatty? He posted a description of graupel the other day - the first time I had heard of it - although polystyrene balls is a more apt description and easier to remember! I just got such a surprise when you mentioned it!
Now off I trot to read the posts. Have the best day you can, people. Sending love, comfort and hope to the ill or lonely - better times are surely on their way. ☀️???

Blossoming Wed 07-Apr-21 09:45:42

Good morning all from a cold bright Lancashire. Some frost about this morning so I shall need to watch my step if I go outside. Not much planned apart from physio, laundry and sewing. Wishing everyone the best day possible whatever your circumstances.

hulahoop Wed 07-Apr-21 09:43:34

Have a lovely day with your sister tomorrow grannygravy.Good to hear your son is home Harrigran.
Sar your cross stitch is lovely.Hope everyone can get some good feeling today .

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 09:42:52

I have reported it and included a screen shot. after about six attempts The fault is at GN's end.

CherryCezzy Wed 07-Apr-21 09:42:43

Good morning everyone.

Gosh, yesterday there was every kind of weather here in the Gower, apart from warmth! It's cloudy today ?️.
I couldn't access gn for most of yesterday and had that 522 error code this morning so have only just accessed the site ?.
We're braving the supermarket shortly ?, that should be an interesting excursion into the wider world ?. Perhaps we'll pick up something different for dinner tonight ☺️

I love your cross stitch Sar, I admire your talent. My wonderful sister (in law) made me a cross stitch for my graduation many moons ago and it sits proudly on a wall in my house to this day. I hope your DH's biopsy goes well today and the result is good news ?.
Ooh, snuggly wuggly grandMattie, a 7 by 8 foot quilt! Well done ?. Your DGS is definitely going to enjoy that ?

I'll catch up with everyone else's doings shortly. I hope this posts!

Take care everyone ❤️

Beauregard Wed 07-Apr-21 09:31:27

Crossed posts Marydoll. Not just us in/near Derby then!

Beauregard Wed 07-Apr-21 09:28:40

I am too FannyCornforth. But I'm only a few miles from you, so maybe it's issues around the Derby and surrounding areas.

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 09:24:30

Yes, Fanny, the server keeps going down. It's quite frustrating.

Marydoll Wed 07-Apr-21 09:23:51

Grammaretto, that was indeed a faux pas! They were right to be embarrassed. No wonder we can't get Covid under control.
My son's colleague's mother was fined £1000 by police recently for travelling from North Ayrshire to Glasgow to shop! That's not just a few miles, but less than the journey your friend's son made The police were catching people coming off the motorway and going into the retail park. That was an expensive lesson.

I need to get off my high horse now!!! This is a discussion for another thread.

FannyCornforth Wed 07-Apr-21 09:21:08

Btw, is anyone else finding the site rather tricky and slow today (and yesterday)?
Everything seems to take a few 'go's'
and then it's slow to respond.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Apr-21 09:15:06

Oops no idea where GM can from sorry Harrigran

GrannyGravy13 Wed 07-Apr-21 09:14:00

Morning Mick and all

Beautiful blue sky but very chilly here in my corner of S E Essex. In door pottering today but I will not be able to concentrate as I plan to drive to Hertfordshire tomorrow to visit my darling sister, it’s been 8 long months and I am so excited ? (they have a huge garden with lots of covered sheltered seating, which I think we will need)

Beautiful cross-stitch Sar good news about your son GM how disappointing Marydoll no cakes and a closed butchers!!!

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

FannyCornforth Wed 07-Apr-21 09:12:52

Good Morning Everyone from me in Derby.
Ellianne that is really interesting about the word otter, I will do a little bit of research into that!
Sar, that cross stitch is utterly fabulous! Like Mary, I'd more than happily give it a home!
I've always had disastrous results with cross stitch; I always get into such a mess and it gets all tangled up at the back.
(I always read the GM thread, but rarely comment as my life is so dreary (nice though!) even by lock down standards!)
Hope that we all have a good day x

Grammaretto Wed 07-Apr-21 09:08:45

Hello and Good Morning from the Scottish Borders where it is still freezing -1°C.
I wish we could meet indoors. I bet many are.
The painter has just arrived and he mentioned having a drink with his friend......
We are allowed to meet another household in our gardens, I think.

Hairdressers, garden centres, homeware shops can open now but not museums, galleries, cafes or anything nice
and as for having a coffee and cake with a few friends indoors!

I made a faux pas while out on my walk. I met a df with her DS and greeted him with "Hello, how lovely to see you, You live in Glasgow now don't you!" there was an embarrassed silence.

I love quilts too. I made one once for a baby's pram but I own several which I have bought at craft fairs.
I am onto the sleeves of the sweater I'm knitting and don't know what to make next. Perhaps a little mouse. All the P1s in our county are receiving a knitted mouse when they start school.

I am glad your day out was fairly successful Marydoll
and very glad to hear that DS is back home Harrigran

I look forward to news of the new bull sheepandcattle
I hope the day goes well.

Anniebach Wed 07-Apr-21 09:05:24

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandmabatty Wed 07-Apr-21 09:04:31

Good morning all. It's -1° in Polmont with grey skies. Yesterday we had snow flurries off and on most of the day.
Harrigran good news that your ds is home. Sar I love your cross stitch. I have done them for years but my eyesight isn't as good now so I tend to do smaller ones. Marydoll I've never heard of anyone looking forward to a mammogram! Good shopping ahead.
Yesterday was a babysitting day but dgs wasn't his usual self. We did go to the park in the morning, minus the fish man Kate! However he wasn't that fussed and we left after an hour. He wouldn't nap and had many dirty nappies so he's either coming down with something or teething. We had lots of cuddles in the afternoon.
Today I'll visit mum. Then later there will be a WhatsApp chat with friends. Lemon sole for tea. And that will be Wednesday. Have a good day all.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 07-Apr-21 09:03:02

Outdoors only I’m afraid , no indoor meetings yet.

Ellianne Wed 07-Apr-21 09:02:30

Good morning from Devon. A walk by the River Otter today. The word "otter" means water in old speak, which is weird because otters and beavers live there too.

Ashcombe Wed 07-Apr-21 08:59:28

My understanding is that two households may meet indoors since 29th March in England. Our theatre committee chairman has been notified that volunteers may meet indoors if precautions are observed so, we could certainly justify it on those grounds.

Ashcombe Wed 07-Apr-21 08:54:18

Regarding the museum visit, we were socially distanced and masked at all times and we used handgel on arrival but we probably have overstepped the mark as there were three households represented. Our contact details were recorded.
Apologies if my eagerness to share my happy news has raised concerns.

dragonfly46 Wed 07-Apr-21 08:54:01

Marydoll we are not allowed to meet up with people indoors I didn’t think Marydoll. The rule is up to 6 outside only. Shops, hairdressers etc opening next Monday and pubs, cafes can then serve outside only.