Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming and ever supportive kitchen,

(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 28-Apr-21 12:54:32

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good friends and jolly good company.

A warm welcome and I trust that you will all enjoy our new meeting place. Spic and span but homely with it. flowers cupcake wine smile

Jaxjacky Fri 28-May-21 21:24:24

brook my ex in-laws used to live in Drumnadrochit, flew once to the tiny Inverness airport, subsequently drove overnight from the south coast, about 11 hours. Beautiful area though, saw my first pine marten there.
I’m with others, a 25’ish degs during the day would be an ideal summer, icing on the cake would be rain overnight, double cherries and a flake would be through to October, not much to hope for! ?
Enjoy your evening all and soop your visitors.

Urmstongran Fri 28-May-21 21:23:15

brook we fly Ryanair with O’Leary regularly when we go out to Malaga.

Cheap & cheerful. No complaints in all these years.
It delivers what it says on the tin as they say.

Had to laugh though the other day when I heard ‘Easyjet’ described as ‘squeezyjet’‼️

Just made me laugh. Same kind of carrier. People can be very witty!

muse I’m tall.
It bothered me a lot in my teens. At 5’8” I felt conspicuous compared to my classmates.

I think particularly tall or small isn’t ‘comfortable’.
We all like to blend in - and not be noticed either way.

Our girls are luckier in adulthood at 5’5” and 5’6”. As Alice in Wonderland would say ‘just right’.

Funny (or not really) how crass comments hurt. ?

Oh and just to say BladeAnnie I absolutely ❤️ Lancaster. One of my most favourite places. I plan to revisit this year.
Hopefully.

Doodle Fri 28-May-21 21:18:05

Baps at the ready Urms ?. What are you up to ?

brook2704 Fri 28-May-21 21:13:19

Sounds like a perfect day to me Urms! ?

Urmstongran Fri 28-May-21 21:07:54

‘Evening All’.

Bit later than usual dear kitcheners.
I’ve enjoyed a couple (well 3 actually) this afternoon.,.. 2 with my walking buddy. We were almost home, back to the square, the sun was shining, the bar was open. You know that call^ ... ‘oh let’s’.

Then got home 5pm. Himself fancied a pint downstairs.
Obviously I had to join him, it would have been rude not to...

Lovely. People watching, chatting and still (at our age) that ‘Friday’ feeling where ‘the weekend starts here!’. A buzz about the place. Home 7pm. M&S burgers in the frying pan with onions. Baps at the ready.
No comments please.

BladeAnnie just wonderful. C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S‼️

Hope we all get a peaceful night ahead. x

brook2704 Fri 28-May-21 20:28:54

Oooh muse that’s a very long drive! Whenever we go down to the south of England we fly EasyJet from Inverness airport which is so very tiny compared to many other airports!

muse Fri 28-May-21 20:23:49

Thank you all for your lovely words about my Pilates pests. I had to smile Grandmafrench re the village idiot. The class is at the local village hall. Most of us are in our retirement years.
The lady in question, gave an embarrassed smile and walked off to her car. I wonder what the other lady would have said if I'd enquired as to her weight! You can have a couple of my inches soop, then would join the 5' something gang. I do have a few set retorts for certain comments. I agree Jax. I too don't get the derogatory quips as I used to in my teenage years.

Just relaxing with a G&T. Curry is quietly simmering and a garlic flatbread is waiting to be popped into the oven. MrM has been told dinner at 8:30 prompt.

2.5 hours later and Riche reduced the leaning birch to a pile of very substantial logs and brash.

Doodle. DGD was given the all clear re her heart but has to go for further tests to establish what is causing the fainting and dizziness. Consultant didn't consider this urgent. So good news.

Brook2704 I'd love to visit Aviemore. Just googled how long it would take to drive there. 11.5 hours shock. One day ??

Got all the hoops screwed into the new raised bed so broccoli goes in tomorrow. Saw the first signs of my new glads in another bed.

The sun finally came out but I too don't really want a heat wave. Warm and a gentle breeze will suit me fine.
???

Doodle Fri 28-May-21 19:52:18

Evening all.
Many congratulations BladeAnnie I bet Duncan will be pleased to see you back.
I’m not a great fan of the heat either so welcome Mr Baggs assurance of a cooler summer.
Soop have a lovely time with your visitors.
? Urms
muse how rude. You were very restrained. Hope things are going well for your DGD.
TOYA?

brook2704 Fri 28-May-21 19:49:16

Hi lovely kitcheners this Friday evening
How rude and insensitive some people are muse you did well to keep your cool. I’m short myself, only about 5’3” so I envy your height!
I’ve just settled down with a glass of wine after a lovely walk in the mountains near Aviemore. Quite warm here at 17 degrees so I’m not complaining. We’re camping for the weekend at a little cabin in the woods near Rothiemurchus - so lovely! It’s quiet here on the campsite but Aviemore was really busy with lots of visitors, it’s good to see after all the weeks in lockdown
BladeAnnie beautiful rings you must be so thrilled - enjoy your honeymoon in Lancaster
I’m so pleased you’re having visitors soop how lovely for you
Enjoy your weekend everyone

Baggs Fri 28-May-21 18:29:46

Baggs I trust Mr Baggs judgement. He taught me all that I shall ever need to know regarding spiders and the creating of their marvellous webs.

soop, I met MrBaggs at Oxford and ever since then that place has not been known by me as the "dreaming spires" place, but the "dreaming spiders" place ?

Bellanonna Fri 28-May-21 18:29:08

Totally agree!

Baggs Fri 28-May-21 18:28:05

Bellanonna

*Baggs*, it sounds like no heatwave this year. Thank goodness for that.

That's my feeling too, bellanonna! Warm is fine; hot, no thanks ?

Bellanonna Fri 28-May-21 18:13:26

Baggs, it sounds like no heatwave this year. Thank goodness for that.

Puzzler61 Fri 28-May-21 17:55:46

Oh soop I’m made up for you expecting close family visitors. It must feel a little like Christmas Eve.
Don’t forget to sit down with a restorative G&T this evening.
? (looks more like a wee dram, but I can’t find a G&T).

soop Fri 28-May-21 16:50:28

Baggs I trust Mr Baggs judgement. He taught me all that I shall ever need to know regarding spiders and the creating of their marvellous webs.
Thank you for being my uncomplaining messenger in times of buggerations.

Jax A couple of inches from the inside leg would mean that I would look statuesque. I would also appear very much slenderer.
Stubbed toes can be awfully painful. Take care.

Lovely message from Grandmafrench smile

Puzzler I imagine that Duncan will be thrilled to welcome home the newly weds.

I'm off to wash my hair and "tiddle" with it for the rest of the evening.

Tomorrow, I shall be all excited and in a proper tiz-woz. wink

Until we meet again, smile moon and thank you for your company.

Jaxjacky Fri 28-May-21 16:37:28

Hi all, Friday evening, usually walk to the local, but I stubbed my toe this morning, so I’ll drive, it’s very annoying as I’ve had a busy day. Hanging baskets , including DD’s and window boxes are planted out, lamb curry in slow cooker for friends visit tomorrow. First time (apart from brief family Christmas Day) anyone has been into the new kitchen. ‘No, you can’t sit in the garden, kitchen only’....
I’ll leave Mr J in the pub after my meagre ration and get home to conjure up dinner. Couple of inches from the inside leg soop?, with 34 I can spare them and you’d be welcome.
Catch up later.

Puzzler61 Fri 28-May-21 16:19:51

A few days for a honeymoon sounds perfect BladeAnnie. So glad you had fantastic day yesterday.
Then you will be heading home to show darling Duncan ? those sparkling rings. ?

Baggs Fri 28-May-21 15:10:20

Come on sun - shake a leg.

Re this quote from muse, MrBaggs says sun spots are very low so he expects a cool summer ?. We have cool summers anyway, I'm thinking. Blimmin' 'eck, 16º is what we call HOT.
??

Grandmafrench Fri 28-May-21 14:46:12

Muse, FGS, and how restrained are you!!!! And you never told us what her response was (or even at what point she regained consciousness!).

I am mesmerised at such utterances coming from an adult - it's the sort of scribble that one expects from a small child, with no filters. I'm not sure how anyone can expect to make such personal and intrusive remarks to a total stranger, and keep making them, and not expect to wake up with a crowd around them. Wish I'd been there. Such a shame your first foray into "society" (ha!) involved the burblings of the village idiot. Is nowhere safe these days ?
So........ now that we know you're tall and elegant AND have beautiful hair, it'll be fascinating to hear what next!

So glad you had the perfect day, BladeAnnie.

Hope that the sun is shining on you, Izabella and that it's making your days more bearable, dear Panache.

Take care lovely Kitchen peeps. x

soop Fri 28-May-21 14:40:39

A few jobs to do. After which, I shall return. smile

soop Fri 28-May-21 14:39:37

Grandmabatty Oh, do tell us more. You, a drama queen? Really?

gillgran I knew it. It was you who scoffednibbled on the wedding cake. hmm

soop Fri 28-May-21 14:37:12

muse Had I been beside you when that rude person banged on about your height, I would have given her a lesson in good manners. I am a dwarf. Five feet nothing and shrinking. So what? We are individuals. We are what we are - unique! Celebrate the fact.

Jax Please may I borrow a few inches? My son, who will be visiting tomorrow, is well over 6'2". That's an entire foot taller than his little old mum.

Thank you for the flowers, puzzler. The colours are delicious.

BladeAnnie We all share your happiness. Sunny days ahead for your honeymoon. flowers

grannytilly Yes, I do remember. You live in sunny Somerset where the cider apples grow. smile

Thank you for all your welcome back messages. You lot are the best.

gillgran Fri 28-May-21 14:24:51

Lovely photo BladeAnnie, I glanced at the back of my own hands, mine are definitely of an earlier generation..!!
(maybe because I ate all those wedding cake crumbs)!!

I'm having my hair cut this afternoon, first one since last December. smile

aggie Fri 28-May-21 13:45:16

Muse you were very forbearing! I think I would have snapped much earlier than you !
flowers

Grandmabatty Fri 28-May-21 13:44:31

Muse I'm very annoyed on your behalf! What a rude woman. Good for you standing up to her. I'm very short and used to have similar comments made until I perfected my Medusa glare. BladeAnnie and Mr BladeAnnie, hearty congratulations to you both.
I'm just home after a morning being a drama queen so I'm tired and having a late lunch. Take care all.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion