Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Conglomerate

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Wed 12-May-21 22:56:39

Bar, Tea Room, Spa, AB12 ....is there no end to our talents.
All are welcome to join in our virtual enterprise. ?

Doodle Fri 02-Jul-21 18:16:09

grandmajet

Cancan. Haha.

Wow, he looks good tonight. The llamas were wonderful doodle. Now for Sir Tom.

My little pants are ready to throw. And my big ones.

The night with Sir Tom was wild

Doodle Fri 02-Jul-21 18:14:18

grandmajet

Well done everybody. Fritz has only just left after partaking of his poteen reward in copious amounts, then falling asleep in the comfy chair. I had to sleep balancing on three bar stools to keep tabs on him.

All set to practise our cancan for Sir Tom! I’m so excited. I’ve been practising my twerk for the finale and, though I say so myself, it is quite spectacular with the sunshine yellow ruffles!

More

Doodle Fri 02-Jul-21 18:11:21

grandmajet

*brook*, can I have the sunshine yellow knickers please - just so everyone knows what the sun shines out of!

Shh! ixion . My past is a closed book.

I just love Gnasher’s cool dude look, the other llamas will be jealous.

Just thought it might be nice to print some of grandmajets contributions to the Argy so we could remember the fun we all had together. ?

Doodle Fri 02-Jul-21 17:52:29

Right you llamas I will have no arguing. You are going to be spick and span for tonight. Into he paddling pool with you and a nice lather up with the soap ? must get you nice and clean.
Gosh bubbles everywhere…………ok own up …..which one of you has eaten the soap………

ixion Fri 02-Jul-21 17:28:12

I am just spraying my frock on.
See you later?

AGAA4 Fri 02-Jul-21 17:04:29

I am just off to Madame PomPom's to pick up my dress. It is a classy number in crimson with a split up to the thigh. I will be wearing gold sling backs and a tiara. All in the best possible taste.
The poteen is ready. Please keep an eye on the Admiral while I am out or he will be drunk before everyone arrives. Same goes for Gnasher.

brook2704 Fri 02-Jul-21 16:41:58

Thank you so much flyingvisit that’s so kind of you and you’ve done your mum proud. The Prosecco is on ice, the cheesecake is in the fridge and I’ll pop the nibbles on the bar later.
I’m sure the two person horse costumes will come in a treat, I’m sure we can all partner up for a race
The Apple trees will always remind us of Jet and we will treasure them
Thank goodness that bleach has been found now, the lavs have been a bit whiffy these last few weeks but I’ll polish them up now in readiness for tonight
I’ve just heard some breaking news that Sir Tom Jones might be popping back in again tonight, he remembers fondly the night he and Jet spent together ..
I’m off to get ready now, so see you all later

AGAA4 Fri 02-Jul-21 15:37:49

Thank you for popping in Flyingvisit. It is kind of you to bring us some goodies for tonight. I will make cider with the apples when they grow.
I have put tissues on the bar as I think there may be a few tears later.
We are all missing jet.

ixion Fri 02-Jul-21 13:51:01

Thank you flyingvisit
A lovely thought for a lovely lady?

Please do pop in anytime you want to say hello.
We never close, such is our dedication, and there is always someone around (usually the Admiral, comatose somewhere).
If not, Gnasher or one of the other llamas will react with their usual foghorn bellow and let us know.

It would be grand to have a bright young thing to visit. You don't have to be a jaded old bag elderly granny, that's just the way the cookie crumbled...

Thinking of you all?

muse Fri 02-Jul-21 12:46:04

That made me smile flyingvisit. Thank you for.
Bags I be a jockey ? if we have a horse race.

brook. I was wondering about Rod the Mod’s little ditty called “Sailing”
and a few QUEEN anthems.
Or rhinestone cowboy ? or even Crazy horses. ?

flyingvisit Fri 02-Jul-21 12:24:45

Just a quick visit to drop a few things off for you all...

I found a few boxes of fancy dress items that I think should live at the Argy. I haven’t been through it all but there looks to be a good selection of things in there, including a few two person horse costumes. Perhaps a race is in order. Jet loved ponies, so she would certainly approve of this.

I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve also been busy planting several apples trees outside, a mini orchard. From what I've heard, I’m sure you will all put those apples to good use! Water them well for the next few weeks, perhaps some llama droppings would help too?

I also found several boxes of extra thick toilet bleach in a box labelled ‘Argy cleaning’?! So, here it is.

Finally, a dozen bottles of prosecco, a big raspberry and lemon cheesecake, and a few trays of nibbles to keep you all going for a long night of singing and fun.

Thank you all for making my Mum smile, she had a great time talking to you all.
Enjoy your evening and don’t do anything Jet wouldn’t have done!

P.s Doodle, your outfit looks amazing! Perfect!

Doodle Fri 02-Jul-21 11:33:42

Special day today. As brook says we’ll be raising a glass (or several) to the memory of our dear friend jet.

If jet’s daughter does pop in may I pass on sincere condolences from all the Argy gang. Your mum was such fun to be around and contributed a lot to the enjoyment of the thread. We will miss her very much. x

Tonight I will be wearing this little number with my thigh high black leather boots.

Good to hear you’ve got the food sorted brook (it’s not that stuff that that we found in the bakery bins last week is it ? ?)

brook2704 Thu 01-Jul-21 23:24:07

Looking forward to popping in tomorrow night and raising a glass or two in memory of Jet
Aww I remember the seeweed wraps and the cucumber eyes - Those were the days!
As it’s a special occasion I’m going to get dressed up in my very best gold sequin outfit with my special occasion diamond tiara - heels of course too
We might get a crowd in so I’ve ordered extra sausage rolls, burgers and pizzas, let’s hope there’s enough poteen
Do we know what we’re singing yet as I’ll get the song sheets ready ..

muse Thu 01-Jul-21 22:37:53

What's all this saucy talk all about then you two?

Doodle Thu 01-Jul-21 22:07:51

Ooh you are awful….but I like you ?
What’s his meat balls like? ?

ixion Thu 01-Jul-21 22:03:50

He'd have to ask his Mamma, doodle, they're Italian. Something big in Sicily, I believe.

You should see his spag bol.
Out of this world....

Doodle Thu 01-Jul-21 21:33:56

Oh I think he’s an improv on Gary. He was a bit fishy.

Er has your new man got any brothers? Not for me you understand but the others would like to know. ?

ixion Thu 01-Jul-21 21:28:18

That's my latest new squeeze, doodle
Gary from Grimsby would never put up with strategically placed lotus petals whilst in the recumbent pose.
?Said they were poncy, would you believe??

Doodle Thu 01-Jul-21 19:33:20

That’s a nice looking fella with you ixion where did you find him?

AGAA4 Thu 01-Jul-21 15:50:17

The House of the Rising Sun. Wasn't that the previous name of the Argy lemon?
Doodlethe petting sessions brought in a lot of cash. Everyone loves the Argy pets.
Muse I will water down your poteen as the strong stuff may affect your balance but we can have some strong St John Ambulance men on hand to steady you.

ixion Thu 01-Jul-21 13:18:13

Looking forward to tomorrow?
Have just found some of dear Jet's seaweed wraps and am putting them to good use?.
I may be a while.

Doodle Thu 01-Jul-21 11:23:57

I’ll get the Admiral and the Captain to lay on the floor muse (their usual position post drinking session) so you can land on them if you fall over,

Doodle Thu 01-Jul-21 11:22:39

Where on earth did I leave my ear protectors? Has anyone seen them? (I’ve heard lemon screech sing before. ?
muse those are stunning. What an accessory. jet would certainly approve. Hope you are getting around ok.

muse Thu 01-Jul-21 09:44:15

? I'll start to practice but woe betide you if I fall over again ixion.

ixion Thu 01-Jul-21 09:14:16

Can you not balance on the one leg, muse?
Then you could be a ?, the Forum's mascot??

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion