Gransnet forums

Chat

What Vitamins & Supplements do you take and from where do you buy them?

(61 Posts)
BBbevan Mon 17-May-21 23:15:35

1 multi vitamins. 1 tumeric for eyes and 1 iCap ( lutein + ) for eyes.
DH takes rose hip for arthritis. Get all from H&B except I Caps

lemsip Mon 17-May-21 23:00:22

I have taken Selenium for many years. I now take vit D...Holland and barrett. They often have offers when you can 'buy one and get another for a penny.

Dinahmo Mon 17-May-21 22:59:36

I suffered for many years with bronchitis, exacerbated because I'm asthmatic. Each bout necessitated antibiotics. In January 2019, after yet another bout, I contacted a client who is an acupuncturist. She suggested vitamin D which I have taken each day since then. Throughout 2019 I didn't get a cold which was impressive for me. Occasionally I feel as though a cold is coming but it goes away the same day. I heartily recommend it.

I also take turmeric capsules for arthritis but I also wear copper bracelets, ever since I had an aching shoulder when i was 40. I know I have arthritis because I have had a couple of x-rays but it's rare that get any pain.

I also take Vitamins B and C, Omega oil and probiotics.

Alishka Mon 17-May-21 22:50:53

Anyone else received Gov't issued free Vit D? I did! Because of particular health issues I'm in the group of elderly people for whom Covid19 would be a killer for sure and I'd already bought them and then this pkt of VtD plopped through my letterbox. So I've now got the pkt I bought, the pkt my family in the US sent me,and now these...
Sigh...memo to self... START TAKING THEM!grin

geekesse Mon 17-May-21 22:44:14

D. Sainsburys.

muse Mon 17-May-21 22:19:09

Turmeric capsules from Holland and Barrett to help with arthritis. They have a good deal with their penny sale.

Mancjules Mon 17-May-21 22:15:53

I have taken vit D and Magnesium for years. I get them online from Natures Best as I find the price & quality good.

annodomini Mon 17-May-21 22:14:14

I'm trying Biotin to improve my nails which a vertically ridged, chipping and splitting. If anyone can advise me on what else I can do, please do!

theworriedwell Mon 17-May-21 21:42:28

I take vitamin D, prescribed by GP after bone scan. I also take bromelain for digestive problems although it is supposed to be good for other things as well. After a lifetime of digestive issues I find it very beneficial and I buy it from Holland and Barrett.

grannyrebel7 Mon 17-May-21 20:08:30

I take vitamin D as it was thought that people with low levels were more susceptible to Covid. Don't know if this is true or not, but the supplement has improved my hair & nails, so will continue to take it. I had a dodgy knee last year so started to take turmeric as well which has helped.

Artemis1 Mon 17-May-21 19:59:42

Do you take any Vitamins or Health Supplements that have really helped - improved overall health, cured some disease or nasty symptom, increased your energy and vitality, and generally done wonders for your overall well-being and fitness?

If so, what is it, how did you hear of it, who recommended it (doctor or friend), and how long have you taken it? What has the health benefit been and how long before you saw results?

Where do you buy your supplements from (for best quality and best value for money)?

I keep reading rave reviews on Amazon (e.g. for collagen) but have recently heard that many of the reviews are fake!

Would like recommendations from the wise gransnetters here.