Gransnet forums

Chat

No shortage of youngsters in my neck if the woods

(37 Posts)
Bridie22 Sat 05-Jun-21 15:56:11

Brilliant news for your granddaughter Bluebelle, great to hear the young uns are taking up the vaccine, its all a bit slow this end ?

tanith Sat 05-Jun-21 15:56:09

Lots of queues of youngsters around me too including my GS he got a text last night to just turn up. Well done NHS. ???

nanaK54 Sat 05-Jun-21 15:53:43

BlueBelle

My 18 year old granddaughter was called up for her vaccine today when she arrived at the allotted time the queue of young folks went all the way up the long road and round the corner into the main road it took over half an hour to work to the front
Well done to the youngsters in my town for helping themselves and others

That is such good news

Chestnut Sat 05-Jun-21 15:51:05

Bluebelle There have been delays and ups and downs but I believe only 4 African countries have not started the programme yet
Several of them have either run out of vaccines or nearly run out. It's a big job, all those countries.

BlueBelle Sat 05-Jun-21 15:41:21

Well the Covax project is helping there are 45 African countries already in a vaccine programme I believe Joe Biden has just donated a whole lot more and of course we need to do so too we have already donated some as has Europe and our AZ is very cheap made not for profit
My Zimbabwean friend have had their jabs their country has had a vaccination programme (I m not sure if bought or donated) from China and have received both their jabs there were 15 family member had Covid one death and both parents in the 80 s survived

There have been delays and ups and downs but I believe only 4 African countries have not started the programme yet

Chestnut Sat 05-Jun-21 15:00:17

But the question people are asking is whether we should give more vaccines to Africa which has a dire shortage. The pandemic isn't over until they are all done too.

BlueBelle Sat 05-Jun-21 14:49:32

I am in England lollin let’s say East Anglia ( that’s big enough not to find my house ???)
We are still on the under 40s but whenever they get extra batches in…they are sending out to the young ones so the queue today was all boys and girls 18 + and they all seemed over the moon to be getting it and the sun is shining

Lollin Sat 05-Jun-21 13:59:09

Ignore me I’ve just seen everywhere except England by the looks of things.

Lollin Sat 05-Jun-21 13:57:26

That is fantastic I agree! I would like to ask where you are, but understand you probably would not want to say. Where I live we are still only hearing of those in their 40s being called still.

timetogo2016 Sat 05-Jun-21 13:34:23

Fingers crossed the young ones around here will do the same.

dragonfly46 Sat 05-Jun-21 13:31:10

That is fantastic. Everyone I know has jumped at the chance of the vaccine.

BlueBelle Sat 05-Jun-21 13:28:08

My 18 year old granddaughter was called up for her vaccine today when she arrived at the allotted time the queue of young folks went all the way up the long road and round the corner into the main road it took over half an hour to work to the front
Well done to the youngsters in my town for helping themselves and others