Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday from Mick

(63 Posts)
MawBe Mon 07-Jun-21 06:35:19

Oops, overslept!
Message from Mick
Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy here in Brackley this morning, plans on cleaning family graves of daffs etc.
And I only hope the Tech people at Gransnet can sort out what has gone wrong for me being unable to access the forums yet can go elsewhere ,
Take care

Dwmxwg Mon 07-Jun-21 08:23:32

Good morning all from an overcast north Surrey, a warm day is forecast.
Up early and been to the gym. SOS call from DD to extract a “huge” spider from her kitchen, DH has obliged.
We have had a wonderful weekend on the IOW and was so lovely to meet up with DH’s DGD who I haven’t seen for nearly two years, she is 16 now so very changed in that time. She is vegan and introduced us to a lovely restaurant in Yarmouth with a very inventive and interesting menu.
Today is DD’s birthday. We are going into London on the tube for a bit of shopping and lunch in Soho, meeting up with my sister and her DD (the one who has just qualified as a dr).
DH is kindly doing the taxi service for us and on school pick up for DGSs.
Hope all goes well today for Alazarin and that our posters with illness and worries will have a better day today.

Grandmajean Mon 07-Jun-21 08:22:15

Good morning from Cheshire where the sun is doing its best but not quite there yet.
DGS and DS rode round here last night to show off all the things DGS had bought for his new bike with his birthday money. He is nine years old and still likes to visit and show his new "stuff" - lovely childhood years which pass too quickly.
Had a walk later with DS - beautiful sunny evening.

baubles Mon 07-Jun-21 08:19:17

Good morning all from sunny South Lanarkshire. What a gorgeous spell of great weather we’re having, it does raise my spirits.

A pleasant day yesterday although I took a notion for chocolate and rather over did it so ended up feeling a little bleugh. Serves me right.
Art in the garden sounds great Grandmabatty, it’s good to be part of a group, I haven’t drawn or painted since I stopped going to classes a couple of years ago. I’m so unmotivated on my own.

Lovely to hear about your visit from Dollie Mary, they say the cutest things don’t they. Footytots sounds like fun, glad your DGS enjoyed it Grandmadinosaur, the little ones do love a sticker

Sorry your journey home was so stressful Mattie but how brilliant is Iris!

DH is golfing today so I’ll have a bit of a potter. I may even get around to taking one of the seat pads off a dining chair to measure up for recovering, I’ve been thinking about it for an age.

All the best for your appointments today Susan and Lins.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and hoping Mick gets reconnected, it must be frustrating for him.

Greyduster Mon 07-Jun-21 08:16:03

Good morning, Michael, Maw and all GNs. Hang in there Mick. Sunny and warm in South Yorkshire. We didn’t stir a stump yesterday - I was trying to finish some knitting - so today we are going out for some fresh air and exercise. We also have some forms to fill in for DH’s hospital visit tomorrow.
Gagagran your DGD will be knocked out by the Hope Valley (our stamping ground) - it’s a wonderful area for outdoor pursuits. I hope she does well and enjoys it.
Have a good day, folks.

Elizabeth1 Mon 07-Jun-21 08:14:30

Good morning from a sunny start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.

Yesterday’s weather was absolutely beautiful I could see right across the Firth of Forth to Edinburgh, I have a view from my house to die for as they say.envy

Yesterday we went to church for the first time in a few years and it was such a lovely service. We were welcomed by so many people we even got to sing behind our masks which was an unusual state of play.confused

The rest of the day went by quickly sitting in the conservatory looking out into the garden listening to the water feature and watching himself mow the lawn. My neighbours daughter is getting married soon fingers crossed it goes ahead after two previous cancellations I do feel for those couples who have had to postpone their weddings.Happy days are here again now we’re in tier 1. Today’s weather might see a few showers but I think we’re staying put today. We’ve got really lovely new neighbours who have been working hard to repair their new home to their own standards. I like them a lot. The young man has a humour similar to himself I say they’ll be a match for each other. grin
Have a good day everyone enjoy the good weather we’ve been having I believe it’s so much cooler here than south of the border where It can be very muggy. hmm

Susan56 Mon 07-Jun-21 08:07:54

Thank you Lins, hope your appointment goes well too.

Cherry, hope you are feeling better?

Stilllearning Mon 07-Jun-21 08:05:15

Morning from S Lanarkshire, good to start the day with happy news Marydoll, very pleased for you.

Our First Communion day was lovely, the children all did well and the weather was perfect for the afternoon in the garden afterwards.
GD had also scored her first ever goal in an actual match earlier in the morning so that made her day extra special! I have to say they beat the other team 7-0 so perhaps the goalie wasn’t the best in the world! No matter, she was so happy.

Today is a return visit as I have started looking after the children for a couple of hours after school again. Round trip of almost 30 miles each way, but I feel lucky to be able to do it.

Wishing everyone the best day possible, thinking especially of Grandmajet

Jaxjacky Mon 07-Jun-21 08:03:29

Good Morning all, overcast here in S Hants, thanks Maw hopefully you’ll get sorted soon Mick. Good to see you’re back home safely gM, a tad fraught though. What a wonderful day for you Marydoll, heartwarming and special.
Yesterday MrJ helped at the allotment, DD and GC’s popped in to collect a wisteria we bought DD, the GC’s were a bit ‘half termed out* having had a busy week, all back to school today.
Our local resumed their Sunday meat draw, another step to normal.
MrJ long gone to work, my day is washing, charge up the new strimmer, clean bathrooms and ring EE to sort our mobile phones out. This afternoon/evening is my voluntary work.
Thoughts with grandmajet, Auntieflo, Cherry and others who may be poorly.
Wishing you all a happy day, even if it’s just a momentary chuckle x

ginny Mon 07-Jun-21 08:03:14

Good morning from N. Bucks. It is a little overcast at the moment . I have a small group of neighbours coming for coffee in the garden so am hoping the forecast sunshine arrives in time.
Later I must start thinking about the upcoming long weekend in our tourer caravan.
A bit of ironing to do and a few other odd jobs.
Healing wishes to all who need them and hope everyone can find a smile along the way.

NannyJan53 Mon 07-Jun-21 08:01:51

Good morning from a bright albeit Black Country.

Yesterday turned out lovely and sunny in the afternoon, after heavy rain in the morning.

My first Health Walk of the year this morning. They started 3 weeks ago, but for one reason and another I couldn't make it. There is a WhatsApp group now informing if it is on or not.

Engineer has just arrived to service the Boiler! This must be the first time ever being the first call!

Mum was collected by Brother and SIL yesterday, and is staying with them in Redditch until Saturday. So it feels odd I cannot just pop over!

Wishing you all a good day

Gagagran Mon 07-Jun-21 07:59:52

Morning all from a misty south coast. It's 13.1c on my weather station.

We have to clear the decks today ready for the CH engineer coming tomorrow to replace the boiler. It involves relocating the outside vent which is badly placed right beside the kitchen door. This means he will be crawling around in the roof space so that also needs to be made accessible. Not looking forward to the next two days!

DGD3 is off to do her DofE silver expedition in the Hope Valley in Derbyshire today. Just had a photo sent of her leaving home and looking like Sherpa Tensing about to climb Everest again. I hope she doesn't get lost in what will be wild country to her, being a London lass. They have to hand in their phones which will be a painful amputation for her and her friends!

DD had her second jab on Saturday, at the vaccination centre where she volunteers. She was wiped out and feeling ropey yesterday so hope she soon picks up. Feels an unfair reward for all the time she has donated to helping there!

Hope the day is a good one for us all sunshine

MawBe Mon 07-Jun-21 07:57:34

So, good morning everybody!
Rosie let out, tea made, back to bed to read the paper so now I feel set up and ready to face the week!
Grey and overcast here too ( as BlueSapphire has said) but I expect it will stay fine.
I had a pleasant (no, better than that, lovely) visit from SIL3 yesterday morning with a car full of stuff to store in our garage as their loft conversion/extension starts in a very few weeks.
Sadly no room for DD or Otis to come too as the back was down, but SIL is such good company, so easy to be with.
Another of their friends and her teenage son popped over to pick up a few things DD and SIL were passing on so we all sat in the garden and chatted for an hour or so. Sounds trivial, but I rarely see people (other than neighbours) on a Sunday, unless visitors or family are coming to lunch etc and the Sunday lunch thing has not really restarted - you will remember me having a moan about Sunday’s- so it was just nice.
Also spoke to D2 and Flynn last night, instead of me reading him a story on our FaceTime chats, he now reads to me from his school reading book. What a joy it is to see a child “crack” the code that is reading!
GrandMattie your trip sounds lovely even allowing for the hell of the Tube at the weekend when they seem to shut half the lines for “planned maintenance” as if that made it any more bearable.
Plans for today? Well got to plough on with my Book Club book “American Dirt” , it’s not an easy read and I keep escaping to watch iPlayer instead!
I hope the week is kind to you all

monk08 Mon 07-Jun-21 07:54:57

Good morning from a sunny Black country. Thanks again for opening Maw. What a lovely day for you Marydoll you will be on cloud nine all week.
DS had his 2nd jab so that's us all done now as a family.
Need to go to bank today sort a standing order out perhaps do little shop while out and about.
Enjoy your day everyone may you all find some?.

Scentia Mon 07-Jun-21 07:54:42

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where the sun has got his best hat on. The washer is on and I will peg out before I go off to work.
Have a good day everyone❤️

Gingster Mon 07-Jun-21 07:53:57

Good morning all from a bright Suffolk coast. Sunshine and clouds but forecast says sun all day here. ?.

Good luck Alizarine for today. Hope all goes well.

Shopping today and a trip to the fruit and veg farm shop. Their asparagus and strawberries are the best.

Wishing you all a gentle, relaxing day. ???

grandMattie Mon 07-Jun-21 07:53:04

Gwenis, the problem in the tube was being Sunday and the repair works on the lines ere being done. Taxi would have been ok again as the traffic should have been quiet. Also it was the last day of half term and everyone, their granny ad their dog were travelling!
So, I suspect your friend will be fine.
I wish her good luck.

Gelisajams Mon 07-Jun-21 07:50:44

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it’s dry at the moment but a bit of rain is promised for later. I hope not as we have DS2 here and I plan to take him out later before he gets his train home.
Yesterday we decided on the the spur of the moment to visit DS1. We went along country roads to avoid the Motorway. On the way home we picked up DS2 and brought him back with us. He was coming up this morning on the train so that has saved some time. He’s got an application form for a volunteer role at his local hospice so I will go through it with him. Being autistic he gets in a spin about forms! He wants to do something useful when he’s off shift.
Glad you are getting on better with your son Marydoll.
I put the bread mix in the bread maker earlier but came back to bed with a bucket of tea and my iPad. Must get up, I have son to entertain!
Take care and stay safe everyone ???

Lins1066 Mon 07-Jun-21 07:45:22

Good morning from a bright S Welsh coast. It was a warm and sunny day yesterday, sat in the garden and enjoyed a chat with our young neighbour.
Will need to get a wriggle on I have a scan this morning which involves a trip along the motorway, the first of two medical appointments this week.
Good luck with your appointment Susan.
Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 07-Jun-21 07:37:03

Morning Mick and all

Another sunny day here, off to the gym this morning, then I must tackle the ironing.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

BlueSapphire Mon 07-Jun-21 07:34:45

Good morning from Northampton where it is dull and cloudy through the back window, but bright and blue skies at the front.

A great day was had at the Saints rugby yesterday despite the fact that we narrowly lost by three points. The atmosphere was brilliant and it felt wonderful to be back in the ground watching live rugby. The boys played well and fought to the last.

Nothing planned for today. May do some washing and may cut the grass; will just see what I feel like. A new book to start anyway, as I finished my book club read at DD's.

Hope the day is kind to us.

Susan56 Mon 07-Jun-21 07:31:22

There you are Ash??

Susan56 Mon 07-Jun-21 07:31:01

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.

I have a hospital appointment this morning.Feeling slightly anxious as it is fifteen months since I last went and I am meant to go every three months.

This afternoon we have a zoom meeting with the bank so all in all a lovely day?

So glad you had such a lovely visit from Dollie Mary?and brook I am the same with hide and seek.They aren’t allowed to hide alone!

Hoping Ashcombe is alright and has posted while I am posting.

Thinking of all absent,unwell or troubled.

Have a good day all??

cornergran Mon 07-Jun-21 07:28:11

Morning All from a bright corner of Somerset. Thanks for opening maw, hope you’re sorted soon Mick, these things are oh so frustrating.

Our hospital expedition yesterday was fraught, so many unexpectedly closed roads. Fortunately we’d allowed plenty of time and mission accomplished. A happy, chatty afternoon and evening with family followed, it’s been so long since we had so much time together.

You must still be beaming from yesterday marydoll, there’s nothing quite like those grandchild hugs. Good luck with the prescriptions today. Pleased you’re home safely grandMattie, perhaps there will be two votes for a taxi next time.

Blood test for Mr C later then on to our nearest NT for a picnic lunch and a wander.

Have the best day you can everyone, hope Monday is kind to us all.

Grandmadinosaur Mon 07-Jun-21 07:26:43

Congratulations to Georgesgran what lovely news

Grandmadinosaur Mon 07-Jun-21 07:25:29

Good Morning from East Yorkshire. It’s a sunny start which is good as I have a large basket of laundry to get done.
We had a pleasant day yesterday. Our dgs went to his first session of footy tots. We looked after him for a few hours in the afternoon so he came in so proud of the sticker he got but a little perturbed that he hadn’t won the trophy or medal for being in the winning team. He was excited that he had learnt dribbling and scored a goal! His parents went out for lunch as it is there anniversary today but work commitments etc mean they couldn’t fit in any other time to celebrate with a meal so we offered our services yesterday. We took grandson out for an ice cream and a walk around our marina.
We have booked a short break to Llandudno from next Monday but was alarmed to see on here a post (apologies I forgot who it
was) about several cases of the Indian variant in the area. I wasn’t aware of this but we are able to cancel if need be.
Just a catch up
On housework for me today and a quick trip into town.
Have a good day everyone.