Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday from Mick

(62 Posts)
Pittcity Mon 07-Jun-21 07:25:16

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It has been very warm and humid here for a couple of days. I think today may be the same with a threat of rain in the air.
A housework day with a supermarket shop.
Sending love to all x

Ashcombe Mon 07-Jun-21 07:24:29

Good morning, everyone, from an overcast Torbay. Thank you for opening up, MawBe. Hope Mick can reconnect with Gransnet soon.

I’m late due to a phone call from DD1 in VIC, Australia, where they’ve just completed a week's lockdown due to cases of the Delta variant, brought in via one of the government isolation hotels!

Yesterday's trip to Sainsbury’s for my friend who's had knee surgery went well. She is doing well and her fiercely independent nature helps. Throughout, she has been so appreciative of help which is easy for me to give.

Congratulations to Georgesgran - what happy news! And good luck to Alizarin with the hip surgery. ? Have a good week, dear friends. ?

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 07-Jun-21 07:24:28

Good morning all from bright Harrogate. Today we are expecting someone to come to measure up for new blinds. The old ones are a mess where the DGC have stuck their heads through and DH has stuck his hand through to open the window.
This morning hoping to have a chat with my school friend and this pm a chat to my sister who is coming to visit next week. I hope she doesn’t have your tortuous journey to Kings Cross grandMattie Trouble with taking a taxi is if it gets stuck in a traffic jam, there’s no way out. Mind you haven’t been in the city recently to see what the traffic is like. Well done Iris!!smile
Glad your DH enjoyed his birthday ? Nankate
Have the best day you can, folks. Hope to catch up later.

Grandmabatty Mon 07-Jun-21 07:19:05

Good morning all. Polmont is cloudier and cooler than previous days. I had a really good day yesterday at the art in the garden workshop. I completed one painting of bluebells and started another of a peony rose which shows promise.
Well done Iris! She's a star Grandmattie. Today is a babysitting one. I'm also collecting ds from the train station to take him for his vaccination. I'm not sure if dgs and I will go to the park today. There's plenty for him to play with in the garden. Have a good day all.

Marydoll Mon 07-Jun-21 07:15:13

Good morning Maw ???? and Mick, from a cloudy Glasgow, My finger has been hovering over my keyboard, wondering if I should start the thread.
Hope to see you back soon, Mick!!!

I have an empty today, but no time to enjoy it, my prescriptions have been lying for days, because SIL and DD, who usually pick them up, are in Orkney on honeymoon.
The pharmacy is very small and cramped and gets very busy, so I want to get out first thing after I do my injection. Numbers are rising again here, not surprisingly, I'm a bit apprehensive after a warning from my GP to be extra vigilant.

I had the most uplifting day yesterday, when we had a surprise garden visit from ĎS1, DIL and Dollie. The difference this time was that DS gave her permission to come in our home. She hasn't been inside since March 2019, because she is now at school and SIL was trying to protect me.
I wept tears of joy, when a tiny hand grabbed mine and a voice said: Have you missed my hugs gran, would you like me to hold your hand? I will look after you, now I'm back. ?

She insisted on doing a tour of our home, just to check everything was as it should be. The first place she visited was the spare bedroom, threw herself on the bed, stretched herself out and shouted, MY bed is still here, this is awesome!!!!!
The second place she made for was my craft room, where she proceeded to do an inventory of my awesome stash of beads. She knew exactly what should be there, photographic memory, I suspect!
Those of you, who know the difficult relationship with DS1, will know that this was a monumental leap forward in his reconciling with us.

DS2 will hopefully be popping in today, before going off to Durham for a few days. DH had a difficult to diagnose fault in his PC and DS2 has now found the faulty part, which is still under warranty, so the PC needs stripped down. Its like buses, you don't see one for ages, then they all arrive at once! ?

Wondering how Grandmajet is faring and also our other poorly friends. Happy birthday to anyone who is celebrating today.
Enjoy your day folks!

brook2704 Mon 07-Jun-21 07:13:23

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s still dry warm and sunny, absolutely lovely weather we’re having here at the moment, we’re so lucky
So pleased you got home safely GM after an enjoyable break and well done to Iris with her fundraising!
We’ve got two DGC here today as it’s an in service day at school. There just waking up... I think we’re off out to Brodie Castle later with a picnic lunch. They love playing hide and seek in the woods there but one always has to hide with grandad and the other with me so that I don’t really lose either of them!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

kittylester Mon 07-Jun-21 07:11:10

Good morning all from an already warm and sunny North Leicestershire.

We had a lovely day yesterday with DD3 and her partner and the children. We had to abandon plans to eat in the garden so opted for the dining room. Bertie's comment was that he had never eaten there unless it was Christmas!! Considering he has seen so little of us, or our house, Wolfie made himself at home getting all the toys out the minute he walked in.

Today, we are buying trellis - if we can find any.

Beechnut Mon 07-Jun-21 07:06:45

Good morning everyone from Severnside where we have a bright and cloudy start to the day.

Well done to Iris and with her cake sale. Perhaps your DH will listen to you next time grandMattie.

I had a lovely day yesterday gardening, a much welcomed G+T and reading in the sunshine.

I have a couple of plants to put in today and move my pots back to where they belong and the lawn wants mowing.

Take care all ?

harrigran Mon 07-Jun-21 06:50:46

Good morning from a cloudy NE, it was sunny twenty minutes ago.
Quiet day with no visitors or phone calls so decided to tidy the wine storage.
Watched the syndicate, all six episodes, lovely reminder of holidays in the South of France.
The district nurse was supposed to visit last week and never turned up, wondering if they will put in an appearance this week. It is frustrating because I can't even go into the garden as I wouldn't be able to hear the doorbell.
Another week of good weather is promised.

grandMattie Mon 07-Jun-21 06:47:58

Thank you again Maw. Hope things are sorted soon Mick.
You will be impressed to learn that Iris made £115 from her little cake sale. Impressive. And amusing that about half was in cash and half on her fundraising QR code! ?
Home safe and sound after a bit of a nightmare journey home. The direct tube between Paddington and st. Pancras was closed, the others were murderously crowded, slow and few. It took us nearly the full hour to get to the station. DH was getting more and more anxious and fractious, I was furious because we hadn’t taken a taxi across London as I had wanted... We had 10 minutes to catch the Ashford train, DH got a quick baguette for our lunch.
We got home exhausted to find all my favourite chaps already installed. How wonderful. We also booked a date for our Christmas dinner, DGS wanted to be included, greedy pig ?!
Nice to be home in one piece.
Hope GraMmingos have a good day, with flamingos ?, warmth and smiles. ?☀️??

NanKate Mon 07-Jun-21 06:45:38

Morning MawBe and hopefully Mick later.

A pleasant warm day in prospect in South Bucks.

Had a lovely B’day meal out for DH yesterday plus a delicious mojito ?

Off for a cut and blow dry this morning.

MawBe Mon 07-Jun-21 06:35:19

Oops, overslept!
Message from Mick
Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy here in Brackley this morning, plans on cleaning family graves of daffs etc.
And I only hope the Tech people at Gransnet can sort out what has gone wrong for me being unable to access the forums yet can go elsewhere ,
Take care