Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Wednesday from Mick

(101 Posts)
MawBe Wed 09-Jun-21 06:18:28

Good Morning Everyone
Its bright and sunny here in Brackley this morning .
Today , local shop , followed by lunch and cycling on TV this afternoon , still cannot access the chat forum.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Thu 10-Jun-21 08:21:20

amselerin
There is thread for today, if you follow this link:-

www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1296981-Good-Morning-from-Mick-and-Maw

amselerin Thu 10-Jun-21 08:16:15

Good morning all from glorious (weatherwise) Lueneburg. A full day of gardening is planned.Yesterday it was planned also, but 2 friends came at different times and stayed very long. Since we are allowed to see each other again the catching up takes a long time. I am not complaining, though - the weeds will be waiting patiently.
Welcome to the new posters allule and DR64- This is a very friendly and helpful chat. Thank you grandmafrench and MawBe for you advice on taking Waldi (my dog) to Britain. It made me feel so good to know that you made the effort to help me. I am not used to asking for help. This is truly a lovely thread. I tell my friends here about your interesting chats, your meal ideas and your beauty spot tips and of course the charity shops.. So, we are all taking in a small part of your lives.
Take care all and a big hug to harrigran.

ginny Wed 09-Jun-21 19:12:35

Special thoughts for Harrigran and Auntieflo
?

hulahoop Wed 09-Jun-21 19:09:42

Sorry to hear your news Auntie Flo take care ??

hulahoop Wed 09-Jun-21 19:04:47

Harrigran ??

Blossoming Wed 09-Jun-21 16:35:25

A bit late in the day, all caught up now. So sorry to read of your latest troubles auntieflo and hope you will keep posting when you feel able to. harrisgran how appallingly you and your DH have been treated, I hope you’ve been able to get some help now.

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 09-Jun-21 16:12:16

A very late good morning. Grey and looks like it will pour but has done that all day in the Scottish Borders and nothing has happened. Health appointment earlier. Walked in with one issue and came diagnosed with another two. But given great guidance and roadmap of the way ahead. Wonderful NHS. Wonderful reading all above posts. This place makes me feel safe. I think of all of you and am grateful for being allowed a chink into your lives.

dragonfly46 Wed 09-Jun-21 15:29:11

Great to hear from you Auntieflo. Pleased to hear things are looking up and sorry I haven't been in touch but life has somehow got in the way.
I am sending you flowers though.

Jaxjacky Wed 09-Jun-21 15:15:52

Auntieflo how lovely to hear from you, not lovely that you’ve been exhausted though. A very busy house you have, but all for the good when everything is completed. You post whenever you can, I think we all know life, unfortunately, has downs, we share them along with the ups. Hopefully a gentler day today. X

Jamie Wed 09-Jun-21 14:24:06

Thinking of you,* Auntieflo* and wishing you well.flowers
Missing EllenV posting so hope she is alright.

Marydoll Wed 09-Jun-21 14:10:22

Well said Laura! However, sometimes just summoning up the energy to post is just too much!

LauraNorder Wed 09-Jun-21 14:07:11

I hope that no one feels that they can’t post in case they ‘put a dampener on things’. We are all here for each other and, in particular when anyone is feeling low or ill.
It’s important to say how we feel and receive a big fat Gransnet hug when we need it.

LauraNorder Wed 09-Jun-21 13:57:16

Good to hear from you Auntieflo, you are going through so much.
Bon courage flowers

Marydoll Wed 09-Jun-21 13:32:47

Dear Auntieflo so lovely to hear from you. Glad to hear you are now getting the support you need.
Being granted a Blue Badge made such a difference to my life, which I'm sure it will do for you. I will be in touch! ?

Auntieflo Wed 09-Jun-21 12:56:20

Good afternoon Maw, Mick and Annie. I have been absent from this lovely site for far too long, and thought it about time I came back and updated you all.

My breast cancer returned in the form of bone cancer, so I haven't felt much like posting recently. Apart from betting exhausted doing nothing much at all, I have good days and bad days, and didn't want to put a dampener on here.
Yesterday I had a reply about having a Blue Badge, and also the local Social Services were on the phone for almost an hour. An appointment will be made to have an OT visit the house. It's all going a bit fast, but in a good way.
We have had an electrician here since Monday, replacing our old fuse box and updating sockets and switch plates. This has been on the cards for a while, but all adds to the chaos at home.
Our wonderful friends and family have been looking after us. DH is trying hard, but finding some things difficult.
So I thank you all for the kind PM's from friends here and will be on touch as and when I have the energy
By the way, Blue Badge has been granted.
To all who are struggling with health problems, my best wishes to you.
Have a good day one and all

dustyangel Wed 09-Jun-21 12:20:28

What an uplifting post Muse very positive and cheering.

Harrigran I too am appalled by your DH’s treatment. I hope he is a little better today, you must both be feeling exhausted. I agree with all the others saying that if needs be phone for an ambulance with your husband in such pain.

Grandmafrench what a terrible shock for you and your husband and of course your poor friend. I keep thinking of her having the total shock of sudden widowhood to contend with at the same time as having just arrived in a country not her own. Whatever will the poor woman do now.

Today is pleasantly warm and sunny in the south of Portugal, the temperature gradually rising but already 28degreesC at midday. I hope it doesn’t reach the high 30s of the last couple of days. We should really do a supermarket shop but find we are putting it of from day to day.

Nannagarra Wed 09-Jun-21 12:16:23

Grandmafrench - so very, very sad. Sending you and your friend a big bear hug.
x

muse Wed 09-Jun-21 11:57:58

For Ashcombe

Cloudy Cornwall but warm
Car stands ready for first roam
Grass cutting waits another day
Mya's eaten something rotten again

Thank you again Maw for posting Mick's message. It feels like he is with us. Keep up the good work smile

The cake is amazing. What a lovely surprise for your friend Jax

I wish I could read on journeys Urm. Can just about cope with train but coach or car ?. 95 - what a grand age. I hope in 23 years time I'll be like him.

Excellent news Alizarin. Posting from your hospital bedside too. Hope you're being waited on when you get home.

brook. I must try and find an Aquafit class near me. I did it to help my hip years ago when I lived in Derbyshire. Have a good splash ?

Harrigran. Shocking treatment after all the different avenues you went down. Hope something has been resolved???

Beautiful Ginny. Thank you.

Grandmafrench. Every day's so precious. Reading the morning and kitchen posts since I joined GN 6 months ago has enabled me to see my life differently. They have helped me find more positivity.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday.

brook2704 Wed 09-Jun-21 11:43:22

Harri just wanted to add that I too am shocked and saddened by the lack of care for your DH, I really hope this improves today and something is sorted out for him. Sending strength to carry on, support and hugs ?

Blossom5 Wed 09-Jun-21 11:41:59

Good morning.... all ready to go to the hospital for a physio appointment looked at the letter and it was last Wednesday oops
Day and time correct just not the date.... as the song goes " two out of three ain't bad"

EkwaNimitee Wed 09-Jun-21 11:33:07

Good morning, Mick and Maw and everyone. Surprised you are still struggling Mick. I would have thought GN techies would have you sorted. Perhaps they should sign up Marydoll, she may well be right.
I have finally been brave enough to have a coffee out and indoors. Encouraged by the fact that it was free! It was a good one and now I am hoping it won't prove too heart-thumpy as it was also strong. I have been out shopping for necessary bits and bobs for the new house. Mostly lampshades. I have never attached a ceiling pendant one in my life, DH did them. I'm assured it's simple. I guess the important bit will be turning the electricity circuit off or I will not be posting any longer....
I am another shocked by the experience of harrigrans DH. If nothing is happening, calling 999 is the right and only thing to do if he is still suffering.
That was a very sad story, Grandmafrench. His poor wife.
I hope everyone we are not hearing from are OK and progressing.
We are not enjoying a sunny day here in Carlisle so can only envy those of you further south who seemingly are!

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 09-Jun-21 11:11:10

What a lovely cake Jaxjacky keeping it safe? I'd have eaten it!! Looks delicious!
Hope your surgery has gone well Alizerin and Grandmajet.
marydoll's idea of changing your user name could be your answer Mick - must be so frustrating fr you.
You have been busy Marydoll - River city seems to have been going for years in Scotland, but alas has not ventured south.
What a dreadful shock for your friend Grandmafrench
Plumber has been, so Loo fixed. Zoom next!!

Feelingmyage55 Wed 09-Jun-21 11:06:26

Overcast here in the north of Scotland.
harrigran Unspeakable! Willing that you both get some solid help today.

Jaxjacky Wed 09-Jun-21 11:05:27

As others are Harrigran utterly disgusted at the treatment you’ve both received, I really hope today it’s being resolved.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 09-Jun-21 10:26:14

Harrigran how dreadful, have you tried bombarding your GP with calls?

We have stayed home for over 15 months to protect the NHS it’s time they resumed protecting us ???