Gransnet forums

Chat

Buying a new or used car

(33 Posts)
kittylester Wed 09-Jun-21 15:12:18

Do you know that the glass roof in a Qashqai is strong enough to support a bear? grin

I had a Qashqai and didn't like it at all. I'm not sure why.

Mildmanneredgran Wed 09-Jun-21 15:06:35

Qashqai vote here from me as well. Lovely and comfy, and I bought second-hand from the dealer.

tanith Wed 09-Jun-21 14:59:28

I bought a second hand Nissan Qashqai when I had my second hip-replacement, I’m very happy with it. It’s so much easier to get in and out of, it’s good on fuel consumption I love the reversing camera and built in sat-nav.. I’d recommend them.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 09-Jun-21 14:57:33

We have just purchased a new Honda Crosstar which is classed as a small SUV.

We looked at loads from large SUV downwards. But there is just the two of us so In the end we decided on the Honda, and I absolutely love it!

It is a hybrid automatic - an absolute dream to drive and very easy of fuel consumption.

It isn’t the highest one, but is fine for DH with back problems.

Cheesey Wed 09-Jun-21 14:44:26

We have previously changed a 10 year old Peugeot 3008 for a 1 year old Nissan Qashqai.
The Peugeot was very spacious and comfortable, and great fuel economy. The new model , although lovely to look at, is too expensive for us.
The price of the Qashqai, at one year old and with 2600 miles on the clock, was 35% less than new. Still has two years warranty. Again it is comfortable and roomy, and much easier to get in and out of than say a saloon. We are very pleased with it and will be sticking to small SUVs now I think.

polomint Wed 09-Jun-21 14:39:10

Thanks kittylester that might be a good idea to buy the magazine

kittylester Wed 09-Jun-21 14:24:18

I would have thought a car with a higher ride might be better for him - maybe easier to get in or out of, Civics are quite low, aren't they.

We are currently looking at new cars and have bought a What Car magazine. They are sorted in to categories with reviews. You may want a small or medium sized SUV. But really, I know nothing. grin

I hope he recovers quickly and well.

polomint Wed 09-Jun-21 13:41:42

I don't know which thread to ask the question. As some of you may know, my husband is recovering from a broken hip and we need to buy a different car which suits. He can't go and visit lots of garages so I am trying to narrow down the cars which may suit both him and I to drive. At the moment we have 2 honda civic cars, his being more up to date than mine and we now want just one. Can any of you mention which type of car you have and how comfortable it is? I've always left buying a car up to him and we've had umpteen suggestions from the family, that I feel I'm slightly bamboozled by it all