Gransnet forums

Chat

*Soop's* ever welcoming kitchen for kindly folk.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sun 04-Jul-21 18:34:38

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company...

Welcome. Make yourselves comfortable and let us share our celebrations and tribulations. It's what we do best.

flowers wine brew cupcake and a multitude of virtual hugs.

Doodle Sat 14-Aug-21 21:52:07

soop glad you had such a good time with Baggs

Maw please tell Phoenix that she is in my prayers as she has been all along. I hope things improve soon. Sending much love to a very special person x

soop Sat 14-Aug-21 18:04:02

Thank you all for making our kitchen super special. flowers

soop Sat 14-Aug-21 18:03:27

I'm about to wash the dishes and all that nonsense.

Tomorrow, without fail, I shall be in our new kitchen to play proper catch-up.

soop Sat 14-Aug-21 18:02:07

Baggs an her pal travelled for four hours to be with us. They had three short breaks en route. smile

soop Sat 14-Aug-21 18:00:47

It is almost time to move into our new kitchen. I have not read through all today's messages but, tomorrow, I shall do so and respond accordingly.

Baggs and her pal have spent a lovely time here with us. She made me a very special date, walnut and dark chocolate birthday cake. It was marvellous.

muse Sat 14-Aug-21 14:23:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cornergran Sat 14-Aug-21 13:49:30

You’re in my thoughts phoenix. Much love xx

GrannyGravy13 Sat 14-Aug-21 13:34:02

Phoenix ??

Sar53 Sat 14-Aug-21 13:24:10

Thinking of you Phoenix xxx

Susan56 Sat 14-Aug-21 13:14:13

Sending thoughts and prayers to Phoenix?

dragonfly46 Sat 14-Aug-21 13:08:07

I too am praying for Phoenix - such a wonderful, funny and kind person.

Marydoll Sat 14-Aug-21 13:02:15

I have been praying all week, hoping that our dear friend would be well enough for her party tomorrow. She is so looking forward to it.
?

Charleygirl5 Sat 14-Aug-21 12:43:21

So sorry phoenix I do not pray but my thoughts are with you.

TillyTrotter Sat 14-Aug-21 12:35:29

I send you heartfelt love and am thinking of you with the fondest of wishes Phoenix . ?

Grandmabatty Sat 14-Aug-21 12:32:52

I'm sorry Phoenix that you are having a bad day. ? I will pray for you xx

gillgran Sat 14-Aug-21 12:31:12

Thank you MawBe, I send prayers & warm thoughts for Phoenix. flowers

ixion Sat 14-Aug-21 12:15:06

In our hearts Phoenix, you are so dear to so many people?

Jaxjacky Sat 14-Aug-21 12:00:54

Loving thoughts winging their way phoenix ?

silverlining48 Sat 14-Aug-21 12:00:43

So sorry to hear you aren’t well this morning Phoenix, I send my loving thoughts and good wishes . X

MawBe Sat 14-Aug-21 11:43:39

Can I ask those of who who pray, for you prayers for our dear friend Phoenix and those who don’t, your loving vibes.
She is quite poorly this morning sad

Charleygirl5 Sat 14-Aug-21 11:38:48

Pleased to hear you are feeling better today. Tilly. I hope the sun is shining wherever you live- at least it is dry here.

Be aware all- I received a PM from Smileperson today and he is called Jonah. Innocuous but creepy so I have reported it.

Needless to say certain people appear to be on holiday as I have not had a reply. I do not know if others were targeted.

TillyTrotter Sat 14-Aug-21 10:01:02

I must get my eyes checked - we have not moved kitchens yet!!

TillyTrotter Sat 14-Aug-21 09:59:14

Welcome Mattsmum and sorry you have lost such a lovely friend.
soop have a sparkling time with Baggs.
Thank you for your get well wishes yesterday - they worked, and I’m back to normal today (well nearly). My DH says he’s not sure I’ve ever been normal! He’s a charmer.
Splendid new kitchen - is that a chandelier in the ceiling?
I will go away and come back with canapes for later.

muse Fri 13-Aug-21 22:26:58

Hello lovely person from the Sizzly South.

Just popped back to say night night and give a MrM update. Cookie is going down well with the tot of rum I have GF ? MrM said the nurse this time showed concern about the one that is not improving? He saw her a few weeks back. He's had the silver dressing on for most of the time and they've just changed to using this 'clay' on it. Also confirmed it isn't ulcerated. He's been told to alternate between paracetamol and ibuprofen and to rest as much as possible. Not all the answers I was hoping for but I'll keep badgering.

Well done for finding a calm dentist. They are quite rare. I'd like a calm hygienist please.

The Argy are on the lookout for you. I'm off to try and catch them before they jump ship. The pasties are going down fast but I'll keep a watchful eye open and make sure two are saved for you and your DH this time.

Stay safe and stay cool ??

Thank you everyone for the thoughts about Mya.

Grandmafrench Fri 13-Aug-21 21:17:18

Hello Hello lovely Peeps

I am not going to rattle through all the news - except to enjoy reading it - since the Kitchen responses have been mostly dealt with - beautifully - by others before me, latterly brook and jax. But I did want to say that in spite of all sorts of alarms and excursions, I do hope that things settle down for those who have had difficulties and a very tiresome time. We don't deserve any problems at all, I reckon, having had the dreaded Covid threat amongst us for so long. We should be able to get through at least a week at a time without drama or worries.

Always a worry when our animals are ill. So pleased that the Vet has spotted a potential problem, muse. Hopefully the scan will be able to set your mind at rest, I know how precious she is. Nice she's back with clean ears again. Wanted to ask if they are 'silver' dressings used on Mr M and whether anyone has suggested or owned up that he might have a leg ulcer? Curious because we had endless problems with my late Mum and the worst prognosis, but eventually the treatment triumphed!

Bad enough to have poorly relatives, kitty, without having to brace for unpleasant phone calls from those poorly relatives. As Jax says, his confusion might just be because he's dehydrated or has a bladder infection? Maybe they can be persuaded to do a quick test if they are told how difficult he can be on the 'phone to you all.

I thought the idea of some of you setting off for France in the Admiral's boat for a beach party, Doodle, is a great one! How I wish that could happen. I do feel you might all find it a bit on the warm side to be on beach or briny at the mo', though. It's still over 30 here this evening and was 35 in the shade this afternoon. This is our first official Canicule or heatwave this summer, which is late for us. We are stuck with incredible temperatures until early next week. The beach would not be a good place, for CanCans or Pole dancing - and the amount of slippery sunscreen needed might affect your pole performance, so I think you should either set sail for more northerly climes, or maybe just do trips around and around the bay until you have all got your sea legs.

But so happy to welcome you all here at any time - and certainly just now you'd have a lovely calm voyage since the sea is just like a mill pond.

Speaking of voyages, I'd love to know how far Baggs lives from Soop and if that involves a lengthy trip. Have a wonderful time- together for a blether - tomorrow. ?

Friends came here for Coffee this morning and beforehand I planned to make some Peanut Butter Cookies. Well, of course, this does rather involve using some Peanut Butter. Yesterday, I had looked at the jar which - because the sides were covered in Peanut Butter and I hadn't picked it up to feel its weight - I was sure was a full jar. WRONG ! So......quick change of cookies. Chocolate chip ones took their place but were eaten with great enthusiasm. It's probably a bit late to hand them in to the Kitchen, but you're welcome to enjoy the remainder with a hot drink if that helps this evening.

Sorry your dental fear is raising its head again, Susan - and you too, Jax. Yesterday I went along for the 2nd of DH's appointments and sat in the surgery - looking very nonchalant - whilst he was in the chair. It all helps me to get used to the idea of going there. We have found a dentist who is calm, kind and thoroughly professional. She hardly makes any sound that isn't reassuring, is never in a hurry, stops immediately a hand is raised, we're able to listen to gentle music and she explains and reassures constantly. My fear is never of pain, although nobody likes going to the dentist. My fear is that I cannot have anything at the back of my mouth - even one of those little wooden spatula things can make me retch. I just cannot help myself and I sit there desperately trying not to choke when various things are pushed against my tongue. She knows this and is so careful. My last dentist used to tell me to try to relax and practice 'mind over matter'. Mmmm - don't think so. It never worked and there is nothing worse than dreading you will be sick at any moment if you lose control.

Hopefully if we wake early enough tomorrow, we will be able to have a short walk with the dogs before the sun rises. Otherwise it'll be another day when it's far too hot. They will have to pass the time on their couch, legs in the air, snoozing and benefitting from the air conditioning. Made the mistake of trying to lean over our gate this morning to say goodbye to friends, actually burnt my elbow, so the pavements will certainly not be suitable for dogs' paws.

Have a good night's sleep everyone and pleasant dreams.
Thinking of you all - stay safe.
Hugs from the Sizzly South ??‍♀️ xx

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion