Gransnet forums

Chat

*Soop's* ever welcoming kitchen for kindly folk.

(1001 Posts)
soop Sun 04-Jul-21 18:34:38

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company...

Welcome. Make yourselves comfortable and let us share our celebrations and tribulations. It's what we do best.

flowers wine brew cupcake and a multitude of virtual hugs.

brook2704 Fri 13-Aug-21 21:15:37

Well done to your DGS anno a great achievement
Awww maw that sounds love,y, enjoy your special time with Flynn

MawBe Fri 13-Aug-21 20:58:04

I am in Norfolk on Granny duty for the first time in 18 months! D and SIL went back in London for a birthday party and are coming back tomorrow morning. Flynn was not too sure about it but is 5 now and able to accept "Janny" is here for a sleepover. We are in the grounds of a beautiful old Jane Austen type rectory a few miles outside Bungay but feels like the middle of nowhere!
Don't think I'll be doing much sleeping despite the 3 hour drive over.
Love to Baggs and wishing you a lovely weekend !

Jaxjacky Fri 13-Aug-21 20:47:16

Doodle ditto.
I’ll try the breathing, I’d prefer drugs, but although I get very anxious, still like ‘control’, how daft is that x

Doodle Fri 13-Aug-21 20:46:47

Don’t forget brook we have poteen and French cuisine all ready for a beach party. All are welcome. ?

brook2704 Fri 13-Aug-21 20:44:58

Anyone seen grandmafrench recently? The Argy Bargy Pirate boat set sail yesterday evening and we’ve all spent a stormy night on the high seas. We got a bit lost but we can just see land and we hope it’s France ..
We’re hoping to stay in France over the weekend to celebrate grandmafrenchs belated birthday - everyone is welcome to pop over to the Argy and join in ?

Doodle Fri 13-Aug-21 20:38:36

Hello jax. You slipped in while I was typing. Sounds as though you’ve had a busy day. Enjoy the football.

Doodle Fri 13-Aug-21 20:37:17

Hi soop say hello to baggs for me and ask if she’s got any flapjacks for us ?. Have a lovely time together.
Tilly hope you feel better soon.
kitty sounds as though you are helping your brother and SIL by being someone they can turn to to let off steam. Hope your brother gets his op soon.
Oh muse I’m sorry about Mya. I hope the news from the scan will be ok.
Hope MrM’s leg is healing. Wonderful news about your DGD. Hope she enjoys college. A better environment for many. Hope your DS is ok.
susan my dentists advice is slowly breathe in to the count of two and out to the count of three to slow your breathing and control panic. It has helped me. Hope you get on ok.
anno good news about your DGS and his cousin.
brook your schools do go back early. Hope your DGD enjoys it in her new pinafores ?
Take care all ?

Jaxjacky Fri 13-Aug-21 20:33:54

A busy kitchen tonight, deep breath, will try and say hi to all…
Firstly Tilly, hopefully tomorrow a better day.
kitty I know you can’t check, maybe more fluids for your brother? Dehydration can cause confusion. A shopping spree Grandmabatty! Enjoy tomorrow in new togs.Susan I’m so with you on dental fear, my next, dreaded, appointment is late September, I’m so aware of it, have fun with Henry.
brook and annodomini good news for both and muse, what a day, no 3rd…I hope ??x
I’m exhausted now ?
GC’s here for a while today as DD went to dentist, later MrJ and I wandered down the pub for our Friday ‘gossip’, a pleasant walk. Football now, premiership started tonight.
Have a lovely day with bags soop
Sleep tight kitcheners ? xx

brook2704 Fri 13-Aug-21 19:44:26

Just popping into the kitchen after a busy day here in Inverness
I did a bit of gardening this morning and then DD2 messaged with some shopping requests as per normal. She thinks I’m her personal shopper but I don’t mind really as it’s usually things for the DGC and she doesn’t usually have time to browse the shops Anyhow today was a last minute request for school pinafores for DGD as the schools go back here next week. The school holidays have gone far too quickly but we’ve done lots and all had a lovely summer
DH met me later and we went for a coffee and yummy cake at the local garden centre. Then a big shop at Tesco then home

Hope you and baggs have a lovely time together tomorrow soop enjoy each other’s company

Hoping the scan for Mya is ok next week muse, another worry I expect. But pleased you’ve located your slabs ok. Great news about your DGD, congratulations to her

Better news Susan I hope your FiL has settled in well and you can visit soon. Enjoy your time with Henry tomorrow

Hoping you feel better soon Tilly

A challenge with your brother kitty hoping he gets his op it gets soon

Have a good evening everyone and TOYA

annodomini Fri 13-Aug-21 19:16:55

Good to hear about your DGD's results, muse. DGS rang me first thing yesterday morning to tell me he had passed all his subjects and will be going to 6th Form College next month. His cousin got A* in Design/Technology A-level, which she loves, but has got a job as learning assistant in a primary school, so it remains to be seen what she does in the long run. Results over for another year!
kitty, your brother has had a long stretch in hospital. The rest of you have had a long, hard time while he's been ill.
Scatterbrain managed to go for a podiatry appointment three days early. Stood outside, wondering why the door was locked... then I consulted my phone's calendar. Monday!Tuesday I have to see a dermatologist about a BCC on my left cheek. Life is fun, isn't it! Yesterday's good news was that my friend who thought she might have Covid proved negative, so I was able to go to my much-needed hair appointment. In a week's time I'll be north of the Border - 18 months since my last visit.
Enjoy your reunion, Soup and Baggs. It will be a great day getting together at last.

Susan56 Fri 13-Aug-21 18:47:56

What a day you’ve had muse?well done to your DGD??

Hope you feel better soon Tilly?and that your brother isn’t waiting too long for surgery kitty.

I had a dental appointment this morning.I have such a ridiculous fear of visiting the dentist and had hoped for a quick resolution to the tooth problem.Unfortunately it needs a longer appointment so just a temporary dressing today?

Tomorrow we are looking after Henry for the day while DD takes Matilda to a party at a nearby farm.DH has to pick his new glasses up tomorrow as well so hopefully H’s nap will coincide with glasses colection??

Have a good evening all and a lovely visit with Baggs soop.

BladeAnnie Fri 13-Aug-21 18:23:31

Feel better soon Tilly ? and sending hugs to everyone who is under the weather

muse Fri 13-Aug-21 17:57:15

Hope you feel better tomorrow Tilly.?
Have such a lovely day with baggs soop.?

muse Fri 13-Aug-21 17:54:39

susan56. Pleased to read about the new caring hospital and that a visit has been arranged.

Friday 13th has lived up to its name. It's seemed empty without Mya here nearly all day. She is now lying on the doorstep back from her stay at the vets today. Still a little perplexed at what happened though. Her ears are now clean and itch free. They found a trush infection - relief for her and me. Her other ear was checked whilst she slept and it was fine but the vet noticed what she thinks could be an enlarged spleen. She rang to let me know the severity of it. Hug from MrM and decision was made quickly. A scan has been booked for Tuesday morning.

We expected all our limestones slabs to arrive this lunchtime. Just over half did. I had the phone in my hand on and off for the following three hours. Finally traced the missing crates (nearly £2000 worth) at the Pallet depot. Promises of delivery on Monday. No explanation of how they managed to load up 6 crates and not 10.

MrM is currently at the surgery having his dressing changed. Please not let there be a 3rd☹️? moment.

I'll grab the evening Cornish sun and chat to Mya till MrM returns. Then it will be G+T time.

Lovely news from DD last night. DGD passed all her GCSE's.
She's had a very tough two years at school and home emotionally. She is off to college in September for a whole new part of her life with the aim of a career in textiles and design. A gift of Granny Wobbley's fudge will be on its way tomorrow. For us, it's the best fudge in Cornwall - probably anywhere ?

Hope my DS rings or texts this weekend.

kittylester Fri 13-Aug-21 17:44:04

Hi soop and all. I am keeping up with things but finding it difficult to concentrate enough to post but did want to send love to baggs when you see her tomorrow!!

My brother is being a pain and a worry in equal measures. He is still in hospital, in isolation, awaiting his heart op. He now has Covid but is, thankfully, not ill. He is sometimes very confused and occasionally aggressive in phone calls and texts. He spreads his calls between his wife, our brother and me. His wife gets upset and phones me and I chunter at Dh! It is a system with flaws but the best we can come up with. ?

Grandmabatty Fri 13-Aug-21 17:38:10

Tilly ? I hope you feel better soon. I have bought clothes! I rarely buy stuff to wear but today I have bought two dresses, a cardigan and three pairs of shoes! Tomorrow the family are meeting to celebrate mum's birthday at her favourite place. I'm looking forward to it immensely.

soop Fri 13-Aug-21 17:20:16

TillyTrotter A gentle hug from me to you. flowers

soop Fri 13-Aug-21 17:19:19

So sorry not to have spent more time with you lovely lot in our kitchen. I have been everso bithee. A pal has been here for some time. I've been painting the portrait and preparing for a visit from Baggs. All happy-making.

Tomorrow, after Baggs visit, I shall come to join you and catch up with your latest news.

smile moon

TillyTrotter Fri 13-Aug-21 17:16:52

I would love to possess your talent for painting cats soop.
Today has consisted of a lot of sitting down as I’ve not been well. I cleaned through the house yesterday so at least I haven’t felt too guilty.
After a gap of over 18 months I’ve booked a ticket for morning cinema in 2 weeks. Not all seats will be used so that social distancing can still be achieved and we aren’t required to wear a mask once seated to watch the film.
Has anyone else been to the cinema this year? Did you feel comfortable and enjoy it?
? for worried and poorly kitcheners.

Hellogirl1 Fri 13-Aug-21 15:23:00

All agog here!

soop Fri 13-Aug-21 14:17:12

Some better news to start the day. Thank goodness.

I am working on Hellogirl1's pussy cat painting. So far, so good. Back to the easel. grin

Nannytopsy Thu 12-Aug-21 23:25:34

Been a baking day, starting with Pimms cuptails and finishing with goats cheese and red onion quiche. I won’t need rocking to sleep tonight!
Sleep tight everyone!

cornergran Thu 12-Aug-21 22:18:29

Same here bladeannie, sleep tight everyone

nothing of note here other than our car trauma appears to be sorted. .Hooray.

BladeAnnie Thu 12-Aug-21 22:06:27

Very late popping into the kitchen tonight - just in time to say goodnight everyone and sleep well ?

Susan56 Thu 12-Aug-21 21:35:03

Thank you all again for your support.

The new hospital seems a lot better and my husbands family know a member of the ward staff so we feel a lot happier.He is so weak though and we’re not really sure how and if he will get any stronger.

Yes muse we have to make an appointment.My husband has an appointment on Monday afternoon.Visits are 10 minutes but MIL has explained we will be driving a long way so he will be allowed 45 minutes.

Hoping that Mya and Mr muse both have a restful night.

TOYA

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion