Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry’s ‘pop’ at Charles

(316 Posts)
Bluebellwould Mon 06-Dec-21 11:46:10

Harry has apparently had another pop at his dad this time regarding the payment for honours debacle. Harry seems to keep on attacking Charles and I wondered if there might be a particular reason for this. In all of the multitudinous reports on their estrangement I haven’t seen anyone wondering if H is doing this because he believes/knows Charles is not his dad. I am not suggesting that is true but it may be his ‘truth’ as others have put it. Perhaps it would go some way to explain his seeming lack of belonging. Just musing on a grey day, please feel free to wade in or not as the case maybe.

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 13:06:08

entire world

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 13:05:48

I don’t know that Megan got caught by Oprah, I think Megan made a very rash decision to go on Oprah and trash the royal family. It’s not remotely dignified nor clever to trash your in laws to the entry world. It’s my opinion and others may disagree.

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 12:47:37

Josianne

Yes, trisher their behaviour in that respect is common, no decorum, their provenance is not common.

That is it exactly.

No decorum.

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 12:46:54

And didn't Diana trash them before she died and her brother after?
Yes, and she got caught up in the Bashir trap.
Meghan got caught in the Oprah trap.

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 12:40:48

Yes, trisher their behaviour in that respect is common, no decorum, their provenance is not common.

trisher Thu 09-Dec-21 12:37:14

Josianne

Yes, Calistemon her recent behaviour in terms of trashing family could be viewed as common.

Can't a white person be beastly = vile and crude? I think so.

OMG so the upper orders never trash their family- Hang on aren't the Spencers more aristo than the Windsors? And didn't Diana trash them before she died and her brother after?
Does that mean the Spencers are common?????

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 11:50:30

It certainly wasn’t a wise thing to do Calistemon. I wonder what they thought would happen?

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 11:49:22

Yes, Calistemon her recent behaviour in terms of trashing family could be viewed as common.

Can't a white person be beastly = vile and crude? I think so.

Calistemon Thu 09-Dec-21 11:36:53

Josianne

I think the "common" bit comes from the comments about Harry's girl being straight outta Compton that were all over the press.

No, she seemed perfectly lovely at first, went to a posh school, well-mannered, charming and very elegant

But then publicly trashing your in-laws is a bit common, imo.
Especially on Oprah where it is televised around the world.

Lucca Thu 09-Dec-21 11:33:15

Alegrias1

And this, boys and girls, is why we're in the state we're in.

Beastly? Lower orders? About a woman who has been marginalised because of her race?

A wee bit of common sense is all that's required, really.

Apparently Nanna8 was joking.??

Lucca Thu 09-Dec-21 11:32:11

nanna8

Oh for goodness sake. I thought you poms had a sense for humour. Clearly I was sorely mistaken.

There was absolutely NO indication in your first comment that you were being ‘funny”.
We do have a SOH. But only when something is funny,

eazybee Thu 09-Dec-21 11:31:30

Rudeness yes.
Cannot see any implied racism.

Alegrias1 Thu 09-Dec-21 11:11:58

And this, boys and girls, is why we're in the state we're in.

Beastly? Lower orders? About a woman who has been marginalised because of her race?

A wee bit of common sense is all that's required, really.

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 11:09:49

I don't think nanna used any race baiting language here?

nanna8 Thu 09-Dec-21 11:02:34

I think that is disgusting Algerias. No more comments from me and if you wish to interpret something as racist when it is nothing of the sort that says something about you.

Alegrias1 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:58:55

Yes dear, we love a bit of implied racism. Even when its unintended.

Just a bit of banter, innit?

nanna8 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:58:02

Oh for goodness sake. I thought you poms had a sense for humour. Clearly I was sorely mistaken.

Alegrias1 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:57:55

nanna8,

I know you think you're being funny, but I think you need to be careful about your language. Seriously.

Lucca Thu 09-Dec-21 10:57:40

Sorry, but are you now saying you are being sarcastic ?

nanna8 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:56:50

Of the lower orders, not the right type at all don’t you know. Perfectly beastly .

Lucca Thu 09-Dec-21 10:56:02

Josianne

I think the "common" bit comes from the comments about Harry's girl being straight outta Compton that were all over the press.

Does that mean it’s ok for Nanna8 to say that ??

Lucca Thu 09-Dec-21 10:55:16

nanna8

Yup - common as muck.

What do you mean ???
Can’t believe in 2021 the word “common” is still being used.

nanna8 Thu 09-Dec-21 10:47:31

Yup - common as muck.

maddyone Thu 09-Dec-21 10:46:20

I think those comments were out of order.

Josianne Thu 09-Dec-21 10:33:14