Gransnet forums

Chat

Online games

(16 Posts)
tjspompa Sun 05-Jun-11 21:31:20

Do any of you play on-line games ? I play 2 games atm, but am becoming bored with them, looking for something new.

Lovebeingagran Sun 05-Jun-11 22:40:48

I play Lexolus via Facebook. It is like Scrabble and really enjoyable

pompa Thu 21-Jul-11 18:01:42

Bumping this thread back up. I play a free multiplayer online game called Antzzz. Does anyone play other online games?

numberplease Thu 21-Jul-11 20:49:09

I don`t, but my daughter is completely hooked on something called, I think, Evony? She`s gone from someone who was on her laptop for about 3 or 4 hours in the afternoon, to being on from mid morning to very late at night. I don`t know what this game`s got, but she can`t leave it alone!

grannyactivist Thu 21-Jul-11 21:00:56

I lead a very simple life and 'bubbleshooter' is as much as I can manage. It's quite mindless and I find it rather soporific. Other than that it's solitaire or 'spider'.

Granny23 Fri 22-Jul-11 13:28:03

I am an avid gamer but play mainly Sudoku, Bookworm and solitaire type games. I have registered with Miniclip and play 'competative' Anagram Magic (where I keep losing because my totally innoccuous words are deemed RUDE) and do Majong Daily, where I have been first in the world at times. Secret is to start at 12.59am and finish at say 1.03 thereby being first to complete in the new day which starts at 1.00am. DH thinks I am quite mad.

One of my fantasys is that I turn up to compete at a gaming championship, with all the young lads, and wipe the floor with them. Never going to happen because my reactions and typing speed are too slow but I do think it helps to keep both arthritic hands and wandering brain ticking over.

Hattie64 Fri 22-Jul-11 20:06:47

I have a friend who is addicted to online Scrabble, mainly via Facebook. I enjoy the odd game, I used to play quite a lot. My favourite games at the moment are detective/puzzle games, looking for clues, solving puzzles. etc. I will usually play for an hour in the evening, but at the moment tend to spend time on here.

skilegs Tue 26-Jul-11 15:37:44

Am new to this forum (with 5 grandchildren from 16 - 8) and very happy to be here. I am often to be found on the Breast Cancer Care forum and they have some really good online games and I think it would be nice if we could have some on here. Am happy to set them up but don't know whether to moderators would approve. Any thoughts anyone?

pompa Fri 29-Jul-11 16:39:29

Grannyactivist, angry I'm now addicted to bubbleshooter grin

chachaflint Wed 25-Aug-21 12:05:38

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Shinamae Wed 25-Aug-21 12:10:29

I play trivia star, it’s general knowledge and it’s free ?

nanna8 Wed 25-Aug-21 13:04:58

I play boggle and some of those games where you have to find hidden objects as well as a lot of word games. Keeps the Alzheimer’s at bay hopefully !

Ro60 Wed 25-Aug-21 13:36:18

Word Chums for me. It's like Scrabble. It's free.

It took me a long time to get my head round Why? The purpose?
I have a friend who plays a farm game & recall a conversation with her trying to explain it to me ?

Esikenang Tue 21-Sep-21 10:52:26

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Kim19 Tue 21-Sep-21 14:22:49

Panda pop for me. Love it for forward thinking strategy and coordination. Other one is Mahjong just for speed and observation.

Nightsky2 Tue 21-Sep-21 14:35:54

I play Bridge (bridge club) and scrabble on line. Love both of them.