Gransnet forums

Chat

A new date for op., I'm now paranoid!

(9 Posts)
NanSue Fri 28-Oct-16 19:02:20

I have a new date for my brain surgery that was postponed. It's scheduled for next Wednesday 2nd. DH has had the most dreadful cold for the last week or so and I'm totally paranoid about catching it and having to cancel the Op., because of it. I've been using a cold defence spray and also taking vitamin C and zinc tablets. I'm watching the old wives cures thread with interest and welcome any advice from wise Gransnetters. I'm not sure asking him to move out for a few days will go down too well, ha ha.
Apologies if this post appears twice, I've had a bit of trouble with the site tonight.

Luckygirl Fri 28-Oct-16 19:06:35

I had two ops cancelled because of colds, so I do not think it is at all unreasonable to stay well clear of him till next week. Not ideal I know as you will be wanting his support - I am sorry you are in this situation.

Wobblybits Fri 28-Oct-16 19:31:53

I had two kidney ops cancelled by colds, my employer gave me a office all to myself with a "do not enter" notice, if anyone wanted to talk to me they had to use the phone. I kept the windows wide open all day, regardless of how cold it was. It was 3rd time lucky and I had the kidney removed.

NanSue Fri 28-Oct-16 19:53:33

Oh no! Two ops cancelled for both of you Luckygirl and Wobblybits. This does not bode well for me. sad

Iam64 Fri 28-Oct-16 20:30:18

Good to hear you have a new date NanSue. I have a challenged immune system and have taken to either sleeping in the spare room myself, or banishing my husband there when he has man flu.
Fingers crossed yours goes ahead and that you avoid the bugs. I believe in Vitamin C and Zinc as a protector.

NanSue Fri 28-Oct-16 20:39:07

Thanks *I am*" He has insisted on sleeping in the spare room for the last few nights. So it's not all bad.wink

cornergran Fri 28-Oct-16 21:21:47

You are doing all you can nansue, your precautions sound right to me. The paranoia is understandable, try not to dwell on it. Fingers crossed for you.

durhamjen Fri 28-Oct-16 21:42:58

Have you tried Sambucol? It's vitamin C and zinc with elderberry extract. I use it all the time in the winter, particularly when my grandchildren get colds.

NanSue Fri 28-Oct-16 21:51:00

Many thanks cornergran
I will be out first thing tomorrow getting some Sambucol Durhamjen