Gransnet forums

Chat

For those with a sense of humour (and a love of the French!)

(54 Posts)
Azie09 Fri 02-Dec-16 12:14:06

The French version of the WI calendar, of special interest to womenfolk?!

positivr.fr/le-calendrier-des-agriculteurs-pour-les-amoureux-des-bottes-de-foin-mais-pas-seulement/

Luckygirl Fri 02-Dec-16 12:21:01

All looks a bit tame to me - you can see as much in Asda on a summer's day!

Christinefrance Fri 02-Dec-16 12:24:07

Well I like it, no sexist complaints from me, now I'll go back behind the sofa

NonnaW Fri 02-Dec-16 12:25:20

Very nice!

Elegran Fri 02-Dec-16 12:38:08

grin Le calendrier des pompiers too (both on sale on Amazon)

Day6 Fri 02-Dec-16 12:46:07

Ooooh la la!

Surely they are all beefy male models posing in fields..with animals as props?

Not that I'm complaining. grin

I cannot be the only woman who isn't turned on by beefcake? I don't like muscle men, or male models.

I think it's about time studious male librarians and young accountants did a calendar, and not in their birthday suits, but their working ones. grin

There is something about a young man with a brain and a good suit.

Elegran Fri 02-Dec-16 12:52:03

Those young men probably know as much about silage and farrowing sows as the glamorous female ones draped over the bonnets of expensive cars know about big ends and manifolds.

grumppa Fri 02-Dec-16 12:52:28

Very farmer's boy and A E Housman: the lads in their hundreds to Ludlow come in for the fair. Give me the jolies paysannes any day

jogginggirl Fri 02-Dec-16 12:53:02

Well ladies, I'm sitting in Carcassonne airport and I can assure there are non beefcakes here ???? Of course I'm not really looking as I have the lovely Mr Jg with me ???

Rinouchka Fri 02-Dec-16 13:04:34

Muscles and bare chests do nothing for me but an intelligent face always appeals.
Agree with Day6 : give me "un calendrier de beaux surdoués" anyday!

Hope no delays in Carcassonne, jogging girl and a safe journey!

MiniMouse Fri 02-Dec-16 13:18:14

I love the piglet!

Tizliz Fri 02-Dec-16 13:19:48

The piglet was cute

Tizliz Fri 02-Dec-16 13:20:08

Great minds MiniMouse

Juggernaut Fri 02-Dec-16 13:25:30

Day6
I spent 38 years working with male librarians, and in all honesty, never found any of them attractive!
I love to see a man in a beautiful suit, but if he's well built too, it's a plus!
That dog walker is a bit of alright thoughgrin

Day6 Fri 02-Dec-16 13:42:09

Juggernaut, what a shame! I suppose it's not the profession but the man - and the suit! I must agree though, in all my working life not many of the men in suits were worth a second glance.

I do think a sharp suit can make the plainest man look a hundred times better though.

I have been told I am strange because I do not find muscle-men, with oiled bodies and thongs in the least exciting. I've been to hen-parties and the make stripper has never done anything for me. They take themselves so seriously with all their posing and gyrating. I cannot feign excitement when they strip off. My first reaction is to laugh.

Synonymous Fri 02-Dec-16 13:43:34

The piglet is the best looker! He also has greater presence, the rest of them look as if they are their own best fans! hmm

Maggiemaybe Fri 02-Dec-16 14:25:33

I just want to know which Asda Luckygirl goes to...

TriciaF Fri 02-Dec-16 14:30:50

A few years ago there was a calendar of semi-nude rugby players here in France - they were gorgeous!
To bring it down to earth, two farmers have been racing their tactors up and down the field around our house, ploughing. I know one of them, he's not bad at all blush but most of the farmers here are older than me, just struggling on. The young ones leave as soon as they can, and there's a lack of new recruits.
Perhaps the calendar is meant to attract new young farmers.

Elegran Fri 02-Dec-16 15:21:08

Was it this one, Tricia? Dieux du stade

Elegran Fri 02-Dec-16 15:24:22

Probably not, these are all totally naked, though posing discreetly (except for the one of four blokes running with a rugby ball through some not-quite-long-enough grass).

All a bit over-muscular for me.

TriciaF Fri 02-Dec-16 15:40:27

That's the one, Elegran - my memory had failed me.
I shouldn't think they're really players from Stade Toulousaine though - the current rugby team are more chunky.

ffinnochio Fri 02-Dec-16 15:50:31

Les calendrier des pompiers that is hand delivered to my door by two female Pompiers is nothing like the one from Amazon shock ! Everyone is suited and booted, and the photos are surrounded by adverts for tractors, fertiliser, chimney sweeps and animal food suppliers etc. It's very colourful though smile

Mamie Fri 02-Dec-16 16:18:35

Nor ours Ffinn. They were very early this year and turned up last week (big hunky chaps though) and I was scrabbling around for enough euros....
Hope I still get my fire put out..... grin

Mamie Fri 02-Dec-16 16:20:39

Realised how long I have been here as I am now on bisouing terms with every farmer in the village...

Mamie Fri 02-Dec-16 16:57:31

Not that they look like the farmers on the calendar. Wellies, blue overalls and woolly hats are what passes for farmer chic here. grin