Gransnet forums

Chat

2017 Babies

(60 Posts)
Bbnan Wed 22-Feb-17 08:43:56

Morning all...
Have just had the wonderful news that my 20 month old granddaughter is to be a big sister. Baby due 1st October in Canada. my Dil is having severe morning sickness...But otherwise fine. We are all very excited....Does anyone else have a new GC on the way?

jusnoneed Wed 22-Feb-17 08:49:12

Congratulations, will you be able to visit when she/he arrives?

No more grandchildren on the way, but my niece is due to have her daughter next week. She has a boy aged 13 months so is going to have her hands full!

Bbnan Wed 22-Feb-17 08:54:17

Thank-you yes,our plan is to be there..Only grandparents know at the moment so it's all hush to 12 week scan....

Nannylovesshopping Wed 22-Feb-17 08:55:04

jusnoneed I had my eldest two children fourteen months apart, hard work, but they always had someone to play/fight with, best time of my life, good luck to your niecesmile

Bbnan Wed 22-Feb-17 09:02:39

Jusnoneed....Best wishes to you and your niece....Busy time ahead....They will be great buddies

Judthepud2 Wed 22-Feb-17 09:15:14

Bbnan lovely news! I hope your DD starts to feel better soon. DS and DIL about to start on their 4th round of IVF. Maybe I will have good news to share later in the year. How I wish it would happen! ?

tanith Wed 22-Feb-17 09:21:52

We are going to be Great Grandparents again in August our beloved eldest Grandson and his wife are unexpectedly pregnant just as she was about to start treatment for her failure to conceive due to her serious health problem and Polysistic Ovarys, it will be what they call an at risk pregnancy and a cesarean delivery so we have fingers crossed for her and the baby. Grandson is like a dog with two tails he's so happy but scared for his wife at the same time. She is a very determined girl I'm sure she'll be fine.

Bbnan Wed 22-Feb-17 09:23:02

Fingers crossed for them.....It's my Dil

goose1964 Wed 22-Feb-17 09:57:29

any day now, DD has been in slow labour for 2 weeks already, just like last time

Morgana Wed 22-Feb-17 10:04:35

Yes a second due early May. Fingers crossed. D D also has polycystic ovaries but thanks to a wonderful reflexology practitioner has now managed to get pregnant twice
Keep hoping Judthepud

Maggiemaybe Wed 22-Feb-17 10:09:28

My DD2 starts her maternity leave next week. Her second little boy - my fourth grandson - is due in five weeks smile The eldest little one has just turned four, they live fairly close to me and to each other, so we'll have a gorgeous gang of mischievous cousins.

Maggiemaybe Wed 22-Feb-17 10:11:50

I should add touch wood, God willing and if we're spared (have I covered all bases there?) smile

jusnoneed Wed 22-Feb-17 10:26:50

Good luck to them all but especially the mums with difficult pregnancy worries. My second one was like that, carried him with a growing ovarian cyst, so a bit worrying but good result.
Your poor daughter goose1964, hope things gets a shift on!

GrammaH Wed 22-Feb-17 10:31:24

That's fabulous news, congratulations. I'm hopeful as my DD has just started IVF & DDIL & DS had to have a termination last year in tragic circumstances & are trying again. Traumatic times all round but ever hopeful

hulahoop Wed 22-Feb-17 10:33:33

I have one due in approx 4 weeks don't know sex don't care will be 5th GC exciting times .

Ranworth1 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:42:28

Me too - my DIL had 12 week scan yesterday, so little brother/sister for Emilia aged 2 yrs. smile

HannahLoisLuke Wed 22-Feb-17 10:43:28

No, thank goodness, but congratulations to you.

Arry Wed 22-Feb-17 10:53:22

I have just had a new baby grandaughter, born yesterday. 6lb4oz all well

GrandmasueUK Wed 22-Feb-17 11:18:30

Congratulations OP and everyone else with new DGC due this year.

My DIL is having a bit of a traumatic time at the moment. She is due in May with my second grandson but my first DGS will only be 2 at the end of June. She is off work and is supposed to be on bed rest taking it easy, but she and DS have just moved into a new apartment. They live in Lisbon and it is on the 3rd floor with NO lift!

I'm so looking forward to going to stay with them but I think once I've climbed those stairs I'm not going out until it's time to go home!

JackyB Wed 22-Feb-17 11:50:13

Both of my DGC are now over 2 and I am hoping that the DiLs won't wait too long before becoming pregnant again - they all intend to have more than one child.

But I daren't say anything.

inishowen Wed 22-Feb-17 11:50:18

My daughter is expecting her second baby in May. We are thrilled as she's suffered five miscarriages.

Luckygirl Wed 22-Feb-17 12:00:35

More lovely GC - how exciting!

Kipper1953 Wed 22-Feb-17 12:13:09

We became grandparents for the third time last week to our second granddaughter. Our GS lives in NZ. Although so far away we have weekly Skype where we see and chat to him, mummy and daddy. DIL has me signed up to a site run by his nursery where I can see what activities he's up too. Good luck and many congrats on your good news

mcem Wed 22-Feb-17 12:33:55

Arry and kipper congratulations on your very new arrivals.
My eldest DGD will soon be 20!!
Youngest is 6 so it's been a while since we had babies around.
BUT DS was married last year and I know they're keen but not rushing - so maybe 2018??

tanith Wed 22-Feb-17 12:35:03

Congratulations to all the expectant Grandparents its very exciting to have new life coming into the family. Mine are all the sunshine of my life.