soop Fri 03-Nov-17 11:19:46

Here we are again...
Happy as can be,
All good pals and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather...
Never mind the rain,
As long as we're together -
Woops she goes again.

Welcome. Make yourselves at home. Let us enjoy yet another cosy kitchen that is also pet friendly. flowers wine cupcake [café] brew

soop Fri 03-Nov-17 11:20:19

Got to dash. Back later this afternoon. smile

Bellanonna Fri 03-Nov-17 11:37:13

Hello new Kitchen! I love to come in though often just sit quietly.
Hope you both enjoy a lovely lunch soop and that MacS has a good birthday.

Charleygirl Fri 03-Nov-17 11:42:49

I hope that MacSporran has a lovely birthday and enjoys his fish and chip lunch. The sun is shining here although it is a tad nippy.

My leaks and drips have all been taken care of- I will be looking for employment soon to pay for this year's horror stories.

Tara decided to sleep last night where my feet normally rest- fine until I had had enough around 3am and I physically moved her to the other side of the bed. One would think she was being tortured hearing the screams. Anyway we both settled down.

NanaandGrampy Fri 03-Nov-17 11:47:16

Hello new kitchen and kitcheners !

Grampy sends his sympathy Charley as Sam has now taken up residence on his bed !! AND he likes to snuggle ! Which has on occasion meant Grampy has had to get out of bed, walk round to the other side and get in when Sam has taken up more than his fair share of bed !!

Charleygirl Fri 03-Nov-17 12:38:04

I am aware that Sam is not large but he is in comparison to Tara who weighs around 4.5kg. A little can spread itself out over a long way I have discovered. They do know what they want re space in bed.

Sam must have flattened the grass at the rear by now with his running around, checking out his new abode. Is it a typical bungalow with a very long garden?

Crafting Fri 03-Nov-17 12:38:57

New kitchen all clean and sparkly, how nice.....now where's the bubbly??. Happy birthday McS. Hope Soop brings us back some fish and chips grin

soop Fri 03-Nov-17 15:27:44

Back from a really happy lunch with five pupils and four other residents from the village. The children sang 'Happy birthday, Mr. Carter' and he blushed prettily. The food was good. One of the pupils insisted on trying to ply us with more food than the plate could accommodate. It was a chatty affair. One gentleman, a relative newcomer to the village, told us of the two years and two months he took to cycle (pulling a wee cart on the back containing his tent and clothing) around the world. He had so many adventures to share and kept us spellbound. His sister, who is also relatively new to the village, shares her home with ten rescue cats. He lives in a caravan nearby.

Maw Love the link. MacSporran laughed out loud.

It's always good to have your company, Bellanonna

Galen I've missed you. Hurry back soon.

N&G MacSporran misses the companionship of Rory. He weighed in at a hefty 7.4 kgs. His favourite position was to loll on Mac's lap with his head buried into his chest. He'd remain like that for as long as MacS would allow....sometimes for an entire evening. He also dribbled down the front of Mac's easy-launder top. Funny the things that you miss.

soop Fri 03-Nov-17 15:39:59

MacSporran Thanks all his ladies for their kind messages. wink

soop Fri 03-Nov-17 15:42:02

Crafting smile Fish and chips all gone plus the dark choc pud.

NanaandGrampy Fri 03-Nov-17 15:48:09

Sam is horrified quite frankly Charley that his lawn has not been manicured to within an inch of its life yet!! It’s still a veritable jungle and Sam prances round high stepping like a dressage pony !!

It’s a sort of square shape really , but looks out onto open fields which makes the view from the sink in the kitchen well worth doing the washing up for.

Rory was lucky to have been so well loved Soop; maybe in time you could paint him from one of your many photos. It would be a lovely memory to keep.

Well, wardrobe one is assembled - on to number 2 !

Gagagran Fri 03-Nov-17 16:06:25

Belated Happy Birthday to MacS - and many more! The lunch outing sounds lovely and you may have made some new friends into the bargain! Any chance of one of the ten rescue cats being fostered chez-vous? I'm sure Rory would not mind!

Sounds as if you are settling in N&G - it will be good to start getting rid of boxes when your wardrobes are completed. We still have several in the garage which remain packed from our move here in June 2012! I can't get at them to see what treasures are therein because DH had a load of oak logs for the wood burner delivered and they are in a huge pile right in front of the boxes. There is also a huge amount of "might come in" stuff which I would put in a skip but the garage is the one area over which DH has complete sway so I try not to comment - well not too much!

Charleygirl Fri 03-Nov-17 16:10:04

N&G my heart really goes out to Sam- he has been neglected since moving there.

I sincerely hope that the open fields will not turn into blocks of flats.

You are slowly getting your life together and with luck it is a friendly area. Soop may have put many of your neighbours off when we arrived in the two charabancs. I promise that will not happen the next time we arrive- she will be under a tight rein. I think that will be my personal responsibility.

cornergran Fri 03-Nov-17 16:43:26

A new kitchen already? Pleased I found you. We're back from our wander, went to an NT house and took photos of trees, enjoyed a coffee with a very delicious piece of shortbread, the world is almost the right way up again.

Your view sounds lovely n&g, cant see much from our kitchen but we have a pleasant view from the living areas so not complaining. Maybe try not to lose Sam in that grass?

Pleased you both enjoyed the birthday lunch, soop, sounds a fun occasion.

We did something similar with boxes gagagran, moved in, filled the dreaded cupboard under the stairs with boxes. Still there when we moved out six years later. I did actually unearth some useful things, most were of the 'what the heck did we keep this for?' variety and disposed of.

Well, all this talk of fish and chips has sorted this evening's supper so it will be down to the local shop. Everything is cooked fresh, I know it will soon disappear when it gets back here. Have a good evening everyone.

soop Fri 03-Nov-17 17:01:54

Yet more birthday calls and messages for you know who. I've a Thorntons chocolate cake complete with chocs on top. I have a lone candle. Not enough room for the full monty of 77. I shall say farewell and then we'll light the fire and enjoy a nice quiet evening with a special wee dram at six o'clock.

Charleyg Weren't me guv! I was the only sober member on the chara' . I know that we all made a good deal of noise when we couldn't get N&G to open the door. Standing outside on the lawn and yelling...'surprise, surprise' didn't go down too well with the folk next door. I could see Nana twitching the curtains. She hoped we'd hop it. Ha! She's a good sport. Allowed us to use the tradesman's entrance providing we left our muddy boots in a neat line in the lobby. I did note that a few of us lot camped there all night long. The rest went banging on the Royal household door just along the road. Her Maj was not amused. Then there was the incident with one of the corgies and the tipsy piper. That was not something any of us can be proud of. wink smile moon

JaneD3 Fri 03-Nov-17 17:35:16

Hello everyone! Like the new kitchen - it's very smart. I have been baking for Bonfire Night so I come bearing a chocolate cake, a lemon drizzle and raspberry friands , my favourite. Also, cinder toffee but watch the crowns and fillings!

MawBroon Fri 03-Nov-17 18:51:46

If we are talking kilos, I have to admit Hattie is now weighing in at a healthy (?) 30 kg.
You wouldn’t want that landing on your bed in the middle of the night!
But just CUDDLY

JaneD3 Fri 03-Nov-17 20:51:10

Is she a greyhound Maw? I have missed that bit of info.

MawBroon Fri 03-Nov-17 21:12:36

She is a 22 month old black greyhound racing “reject”as she (sensibly) showed no aptitude for it. I have had her since late July. As you can see her favourite position is “roaching”, i.e.flat on her back with her legs in the air.
Rabbit? What rabbit?

Charleygirl Fri 03-Nov-17 21:18:39

Maw I definitely think that Hattie has settled into her new home!!!! Relaxed is one word to describe her! She looks gorgeous and has certainly landed on all four feet.

Galen Fri 03-Nov-17 21:20:53

I am still here.
Owing to a problem in the allocation unit, I’m not working for the next two weeks, so, I might have time to interject the occasional non relevant comment!
After that I’m booked solid until just before Xmas!
I will almost certainly have to give up at the end of March next year, and then you’ll get fed up of my posts!

MawBroon Fri 03-Nov-17 21:25:44

Oh but she wasn't relaxed an hour ago ???
The fear of fireworks has kicked in, we had trembling, panting, running round trying to get away from the noise.
Too good to last.
It seems to have stopped for the time being but I am dreading it starting up again. ??☹️?☹️

Charleygirl Fri 03-Nov-17 21:32:53

The poor little mite- I had to check that the fireworks were not going off in my garden because the noise was so close. Tara is fast asleep upstairs, not too bothered.

I was hoping that Hattie would be immune to the noise but obviously not. Would she not go and keep Paw happy if he has retired to bed? No doubt she is following you to the kitchen and the loo.

Although we have had fireworks for many weeks I think because of the sheer cost there are not so many and they do not go on for so long now.

JaneD3 Fri 03-Nov-17 21:49:29

My DD has a lurched cross who adopts similar positions.

NanaandGrampy Fri 03-Nov-17 22:41:14

Have you heard of a 'thunders jacket for Hatton Maw ? Friends have found it very successful in helping their firework fearful dog. It's a bit pricey but they do offer a full moneymaking guarantee.

Sorry, I'll look for a link tomorrow

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion