Gransnet forums

Chat

I have an invention

(51 Posts)
Menopaws Thu 16-Aug-18 20:38:10

I know I can't say anything as it's deemed advertising but I just want to share that I have two inventions that are active and it is so exciting to have silly ideas that others believe in and look like they are coming to fruition, sorry being a bit self indulgent but has anyone else had ideas they would love to share, you don't have to say what it is but who has seen something obvious they wish existed?

Jalima1108 Thu 16-Aug-18 20:41:30

Have you registered it with the Patents Office? (think it's still going)

ContraryMary88 Thu 16-Aug-18 20:52:21

You could turn this into a gamemenopaws we can try to guess what your inventions are.

We could start by guessing which room they could be used in?

BTW clever lady!

Menopaws Thu 16-Aug-18 20:57:51

Jalima I am covered as needed but thanks and Contrary nice idea but I don't want to tease just want to share excitement that people get my silly ideas and just wondering if others have ideas they would like realised?

lemongrove Thu 16-Aug-18 21:05:31

You haven’t opened a real Argy Bargy Bar have you? grin
If so, I demand a cut of the takings.
Anyway, well done you, whatever it is (are) and hope you do well.
I have often thought it must be great to think of something that’s needed and useful and as yet is uninvented.

Baggs Thu 16-Aug-18 21:06:13

Well done you! ??

Baggs Thu 16-Aug-18 21:07:10

I honestly hadn't seen lemon's post first! ?

lemongrove Thu 16-Aug-18 21:11:21

Great minds think alike Baggs wink

Melanieeastanglia Thu 16-Aug-18 21:30:46

Jallimal1108 has given you very good advice.

I wish you luck with your inventions and hope you do very well.

Will we see you on Dragons' Den?

Jalima1108 Thu 16-Aug-18 21:37:20

I don't think it's called The Patents Office any more, but it still exists (why do they change the name of perfectly sensible and well-known organisations?)

DD knew someone who went on Dragon's Den but preferred to go it alone although he had an offer. Be wary.

Menopaws Fri 17-Aug-18 08:29:14

Extending the story slightly some of you might know my son with the disabled boy need to get their house seriously modified to accommodate him, wider corridors, wet room, hoists lifts etc. Although they were a lot of money short after incredible generosity form people doing runs, coffee mornings and hundreds of great things, they just couldn't reach their target and diysos didn't come off so I thought long and hard and went to a dear friend who is very rich and showed him one of my inventions as my only chance to repay him. Anyone he loved it and immediately gave me the large shortfall needed on the back of it and is helping me get it off the ground and only wants his money back, no interest of future interest in the business, so I immediately gave the money to my son and building work starts in a month!
Such a brilliant outcome and I'm only sharing hopefully not gloating as that's not the intention but so many of you feel like real friends.
If I'm successful , and I'm grateful for advice but I promise I have only used personal contacts whom I trust fully, I will host a gransnet party and I really mean that so watch this space!

pollyperkins Fri 17-Aug-18 20:37:58

I cant say I've invented anything as such but I have had some ideas for businesses. I've never done anything about them though. Too risky and too.much like hard work.

Moocow Fri 17-Aug-18 21:51:46

menopaws that sounds amazing and exciting! Really hope it all works out. (How lovely to know an honest person is there for you too)

lemongrove Fri 17-Aug-18 21:56:29

Hooray Meno that’s great news!

NonnaW Fri 17-Aug-18 22:43:03

Wonderful! I wish you every success

Menopaws Sat 18-Aug-18 15:08:43

Thank you ladies, fun to share

annodomini Sat 18-Aug-18 15:42:23

Now you have piqued our curiosity, Meno! I do hope the idea comes to fruition and we see it in the shops or the A****n web site. I wonder if it's something we will want to buy/use/wear! Anyway, so far, so very good and what an achievement to get the funds for your son's home alterations. smile

PamelaJ1 Sat 18-Aug-18 17:12:56

I’m always having the most amazing ideas?. However it takes a lot more than having it to get an idea to the finished product. I failed dismally, congratulations on doingthe hard work.

GabriellaG Sun 19-Aug-18 09:45:23

No, I've never had any ideas that could be classed as inventions but I'm all agog to know what yours are. Could you give us some clues without actually saying?
We ask questions and you say yes or no.
Well done and I hope you do well out of them. grinshamrock

GabriellaG Sun 19-Aug-18 09:57:30

Have you thought about who will run the business - manufacturing, costing, marketing, premises, branding and getting it into shops. Who will do all that? Your friend? After all the excitement it will be a tough road ahead but I wish you well on your journey.
I doubt many of us would have tge energy to take an idea to market.

Jane10 Sun 19-Aug-18 10:10:38

Get yourself on Dragons Den!

lemongrove Sun 19-Aug-18 10:16:13

No wonder you haven’t been taking your turn on the cleaning rota in The Argy Meno you are much too busy with higher things ( spare a tenner?)

minxie Sun 19-Aug-18 10:57:47

My partner invented a medical item when he was diagnosed with cancer. We are just going through the patent search ourselves to see if anyone else has thought of this. Our search has found nothing so fingers crossed. Actually getting the patent registered I believe is quite expensive. Exciting and scary all at the same time. Good luck with yours. We are hoping for a passive income from ours if we can license it to the medical manufacturers

deltadunarii Sun 19-Aug-18 11:12:59

This is great achievement and you should be proud of yourself! Creativity and innovation should always be encouraged as it benefits so many people in direct or indirect ways! And it proves that there is no age restriction when it comes to inventing things! Keep up with the good work and do share all your good news. I find it so uplifting and inspirational to hear of other people's achievements! It keeps me going. Best of luck!

HootyMcOwlface Sun 19-Aug-18 11:27:42

Congratulations and wishing you every success! I would love to know what it is! (Anything to do with disability aids?)