Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Fri 17-Aug-18 06:26:07

Good Morning Everyone,
its a bright blue sky over Brackley this morning , hope to go out later today for a little while.
Mick

cornergran Fri 17-Aug-18 06:31:34

Morning Mick, Morning All. Blue sky over our corner of Somerset. Rain forecast later though. Other than lunch out and a food shop little planned for today. Feeling weary, struggling with a fibromyalgia flare up this week. Worse things happen at sea as my Dad used to say. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

absent Fri 17-Aug-18 06:35:06

Hi, Friday is nearly over for me, but I have had a hugely productive day and am feeling good. Now it is wine o'clock.

ninathenana Fri 17-Aug-18 06:35:44

Morning Mick and everyone

Bright and sunny in Kent this morning.
The exhaust replacement turned up a couple of extra jobs so garage bill was twice what I was expecting sad
Food shop today, not a lot else planned.
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Fri 17-Aug-18 06:50:36

Good morning Mick and you early risers.
It's cool and windy here in Glasgow.
Exhausted after my busy day in Edinburgh.

We have DGD today and she is unwell, wheezing and coughing. DIL tried to get an doctor's appointment for her yesterday, but couldn't get one. DIL took her to the pharmacist, who says she probably needs a steroid inhaler.
I shall put on my " concerned granny", hat and insist she sees someone. Taking no chances with her asthma.
Cornegran, I'm sorry to hear about your flare up. Nankate, is suffering too and my RA has flared up. I wonder if the change in weather has an impact on these auto immune conditions?

I hope those who are suffering find some improvement today.?

Nannytopsy Fri 17-Aug-18 06:56:39

Morning everyone! Been up for ages, baking, cooking etc. Church flowers this morning and marquee to decorate later ready for daughter’s wedding tomorrow. It’s going to be such an anticlimax next week!

gillybob Fri 17-Aug-18 07:05:56

Good morning Mick and all to follow . A bright sunny start here on the NE coast this morning . We had DD’s baby staying at ours overnight last night . Can’t complain she slept from 10.30 right through to 5am .
Thank goodness it’s Friday !

Enjoy your day everyone .

Gagagran Fri 17-Aug-18 07:08:14

Morning all!

It's a bright and sunny start to the day here on the south coast. It was a cool night - glad of the duvet to snuggle down with.

How's the bumped head Marydoll? Hope your little GD improves. Does steam help the wheezing? My DD used to suffer from croup as a little one and that did ease with steam.

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

Brunette10 Fri 17-Aug-18 07:12:29

Morning everyone and it's quite fresh here today in NE Fife, think we could get rain. Never mind have DGS today so will have another chatty day. Will get him in the garden with his wellies on some weeds needing picked. Hope your day in Edin yesterday Marydoll went well albeit it would be tiring. Sorry to hear about everyone's aches and pains probably is the change in the weather. You are right to insist on your DGD being seen by a doc about her asthma Marydoll I would feel/do the same, Well had better go and start getting ready for this very chatty day. Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 17-Aug-18 07:13:23

Good morning from a bright, if overcast Northumberland. Packing up and driving home today. Stopping at Hadrian's Wall on the way South.

harrigran Fri 17-Aug-18 07:18:35

Good morning, it is bright but cool this morning. I woke early because the heating came on.
Lunch out today, and perhaps a little shopping.

NanKate Fri 17-Aug-18 07:54:49

Morning Mick and all.

Lovely sunshine back but cool in South Bucks.

Mary Corner we need to start the Flare Up Club. I was going to say just the same as you Mary could the change in weather have brought on these aches and pains. I am sitting in bed rotating my wrists trying to get them moving again. I feel for you both. ??

Hope you can get little one into the Doctors today Mary I am sure you have persuasive skills.

Have a wonderful time tomorrow NannyT.

Auntieflo Fri 17-Aug-18 08:02:09

Good morning Mick, Annie (to come) and all before me, you early birds you.
Ninathenana, shame about the car, but we do so rely on them. Marydoll, glad you enjoyed Edinburgh. To all those with aches and pains, here's hoping you get through the day.
Gillybob, your baby GD sounds as though she has been reading the right books, well done. All those hours of uninterrupted sleep. Long may it last.
Nannytopsy, good wishes for the wedding tomorrow, enjoy.
Have a good weekend everybody

Panache Fri 17-Aug-18 08:05:45

Good Morning and yes our welsh coastline is turning up trumps with another pleasant day ........though really finding a chill in the air first thing.

A rotten night so guess what,not a lot of activity in these quarters today!!!

Sorry hearing about all your auto immune flareups gals,a real pain and no puns allowed.......hopefully it will be short lived .
You give `em gyp about your G/.D Marydoll...........sounds as though she needs real help.

All will be well "on the day" Topsy...........and we shall have to prop you up next week when you will feel "Flat as the proverbial pancake"!!!

Have a good day folks,don`t go over exerting yourselves.

kittylester Fri 17-Aug-18 08:10:57

Good morning all from a warm and sunny North Leicestershire.

I have been awake for quite a while but our room appeared to be full of small noisy girls. Luckily they are going swimming this morning to allow for grandparental recovery.

I'm sorry that some of you are suffering with aches and pains.

Enjoy these few days, Topsy.

Greyduster Fri 17-Aug-18 08:16:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sunny but cool in South Yorkshire. Nothing much planned today; after yesterday spent trying to keep up with walking with GS, I am stiff and aching, but it was lots of fun. Ironing for me, cloakroom painting for DH. Marydoll I hope your DGD gets better soon and that she gets a doctor’s appointment very soon, and that all feeling one degree under pick up soon.

DoraMarr Fri 17-Aug-18 08:17:42

Good morning from a beautiful sunny Birmingham!
My ten month old grandson was with me yesterday, feeling very under the weather with a high temperature. He didn’t want to play, and spent most of the day on my lap or asleep. This morning he is back to normal, crawling everywhere and into everything. He’s just overturned a side table with succulents. Thank goodness.

NannyJan53 Fri 17-Aug-18 08:18:59

Good Morning from a bright sunny Black Country, but there is certainly a chill in the air first thing.

Have 2 DGD's today (DD's), will take them swimming, then somewhere for lunch. No doubt they will want to go to McDonalds!

If it is still dry in the afternoon, then the park.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Anniebach Fri 17-Aug-18 08:19:05

Good morning all, x Auntyflo hope your feeling so much better x Marydoll, how’s that bump on the head. I have RA flare up , trying to free my wrists and fingers Nankate .

No idea what weather we have in Mid Wales, I am still in bed and scooter still in the hall.

Marydoll Fri 17-Aug-18 08:47:08

Thanks for all the good wishes about my head.
It's much better, but I'm sporting a large bruise and a cut. Thank goodness I have a fringe!
My DIL was really shocked when she saw it this morning! I said it was much worse yesterday. grin