Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(23 Posts)
NanKate Sun 21-Oct-18 06:43:55

Morning All,

In Mick’s absence celebrating his nephew’s wedding just up the road from me, can I start our daily thread?

It is dark and misty in South Bucks. I love the mist at this time of year as I draw the curtains in the morning the mist is swirling round the street lamp on the Green in front of my house. It reminds me of a Victorian melodrama.

Nothing planned today so I have no excuse not to clear up some paperwork which has been sitting on my desk for weeks !

ninathenana Sun 21-Oct-18 06:56:13

Good morning Kate and everyone.

I thought I'd be the first !
Misty here in Kent over the marsh. Hard to tell where the horizon is. We seem to have lights in the sky.
DD and DGSx2 arriving lunchtime and staying over night. They are then off to a caravan park for half term tomorrow. Meatballs n spaghetti as requested by youngest for dinner tonight.
Have a good day all.

Gagagran Sun 21-Oct-18 07:17:22

Good Morning Kate, nina and everyone.

We had a summer's day yesterday here on the south coast - beautiful! Hope for more of the same today, once it warms up.

Nothing exciting planned for today.

Hope it's a good one for us all. sunshine

cornergran Sun 21-Oct-18 07:18:45

Morning Nankate, Nina and All. No mist in our corner of Somerset, looks cloudy but too dark to be sure. I’m also destined for paperwork this morning. Hope Mick is enjoying the weekend celebrations and Sunday is kind to everyone.

cornergran Sun 21-Oct-18 07:19:13

Morning Gaga

travelsafar Sun 21-Oct-18 07:21:56

Up early this morning no for no particular reason. Gonna have a lazy day at home catching up on things. Not sure what the weather is going to do at the moment but it is dry. I should try to go for a long walk as out last night to celebrate my god daughter' birthday at an Italian resturant and the portions of food were massive, but i feel lazy at the moment!!! smile

Pittcity Sun 21-Oct-18 07:27:32

Good morning from Colchester.
I waved yesterday Gaga from the sunny beach on Hayling.
Going to be sunnier and warmer here today.
I will walk into town for a few bits and we are having roast lamb later. There is also a pile of ironing with my name on.

kittylester Sun 21-Oct-18 07:31:57

Morning all from a drippy North Leicestershire.

We have DD2 and family coming for 'lunch' this afternoon. They are going to see Wolfie this morning and then coming on to us. Must make a cake!

PECS Sun 21-Oct-18 07:41:31

A misty grey start to the day here. I have both DDs & families here for lunch today! Can't have a lie in today!

Baggs Sun 21-Oct-18 07:43:14

Morning, all! Drippy here in Argyll too. I'm hoping it will be undrippy enough at some point for me to scythe another wee patch of my wildflower garden (aka ancient hillside meadow). Bit by bit...

Happy Sundays, dudes.

ginny Sun 21-Oct-18 07:47:19

Good morning from a very misty N. Bucks. Hope it clears and warms up a bit.
Some more garden tidying and perhaps a walk in the county park later.

NfkDumpling Sun 21-Oct-18 07:50:16

Morning All

A lovely apricot morning in the north of Norfolk, with the promise of another lovely warm sunny day.

We got our sailing boat home ok yesterday so DH willl be fiddling with that today and looking for leaky bits. So I really must do some housework and ironing. The place is a tip!

Brunette10 Sun 21-Oct-18 08:16:01

Morning everyone and to those who follow. Not too bad a morning here in Fife, it's dry anyway. Everyone seems quite busy today. I have nothing planned as yet but won't sit on my laurels if you know what I mean! Hope everyone has a good day.

Greyduster Sun 21-Oct-18 08:20:47

Good morning, everyone. Mick I hope the wedding went well! I am a late starter this morning. The sun is out in South Yorkshire and it is cold. We were going to go to junior football but it is a long way drive over the other side of the city from here and an early kick off, so I am not troubling myself to get out of bed! The family are coming to lunch later so it is roast pork, and Eve’s pudding for afters. Enjoy your Sunday, folks!

Marydoll Sun 21-Oct-18 08:24:06

Good morning Kate and all. A miserable day here in Glasgow.
We had a late night, as DD and fiance brought our dinner and then stayed. It was lovely to sit down and catch, after our busy day.
DH will shampoo the lounge carpet in preparation for the new sofas tomorrow. I shall supervise.wink
Have a pleasant Sunday all.

Anniebach Sun 21-Oct-18 09:06:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

I don’t like the autumn mists, younger granddaughter has to drive over the mountain roads to get to university.

Hope everyone has a good day x

gillybob Sun 21-Oct-18 09:06:59

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Willow10 Sun 21-Oct-18 09:20:13

Good morning all from a very sunny East Northants. No firm plans for me today so far but something will crop up I'm sure. Hope everyone stays well and enjoys a pleasant Sunday.

Blue45Sapphire Sun 21-Oct-18 09:42:04

Good morning from a very bright and sunny Northampton.

Just put my cake in the oven and keeping my fingers crossed as I haven't really got the measure of this oven yet regarding cakes!

Going to have a late breakfast and then a walk around the local Firs beckons, over the fields to the pub for a drink and crisps perhaps and then the long walk home. I'll be on my own, but I don't mind, it's better than sitting indoors on a day like this. And then perhaps a slice of that cake if it's turned out ok!

TerriBull Sun 21-Oct-18 10:13:42

Good morning GNs. Lovely sunny Autumn day again, husband and I went for a lovely long walk in Bushy Park yesterday and then on for a coffee in our local high street. Today, it's a bit of shopping and the usual lazy Sunday with the papers. I love sunny Autumn days, although the sun goes down quickly in the afternoon and it becomes quite chilly, the mornings are lovely, the trees around us are beautiful right now with their russet and golden leaves. Shame the clocks go back next week sad

Brunette10 Sun 21-Oct-18 10:20:10

Blue45Sapphire - just read your post and it sounds oh so nice! I hope you get done what your intentions are and have a nice day - enjoy!

Willow10 Sun 21-Oct-18 10:51:46

Blue45Sapphire, it does sound lovely - if we were closer I'd come with you!

Blue45Sapphire Sun 21-Oct-18 10:54:53

Thank you Brunette10. Just had bacon butty! Cake not quite ready. It's an orange, sultana and apricot teabread, have made it many times, but this oven is a devil with cakes, they are either under or over cooked.