Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Fri 16-Nov-18 06:27:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry weatherwise seems to be getting more seasonal with colder weather .
Apart from usual Buckingham/Bicester Bus trips , I renewed my national express Coachcard which is now £12.50p a year.
In addition to west end shows booked, Motown for the 5th and final time as it finishes in London in April ,and Mama Mia both a week apart.
Mick

harrigran Fri 16-Nov-18 06:38:45

Good morning Michael and all to follow. It is dark and damp looking and the back pain has me awake so I am having a cup of tea in bed.
If I can get the joints working we may go out for lunch.

Gagagran Fri 16-Nov-18 06:41:21

Morning Mick and everyone.

It's dark and mild so far here on the south coast. Not sure what the day will bring weather-wise.

The theatre trips sound good Mick. We go to Chichester Festival Theatre, which is superb and often has shows which move on to the West End.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

kittylester Fri 16-Nov-18 06:42:14

Morning Mick, morning all,

It's still dark in North Leicestershire but I know it's not raining.

Sainsbury's shop this morning and a trip to the butcher's. Lots of things going on currently - some lovely, some worrying and one particularly irritating one! Hey ho!

kittylester Fri 16-Nov-18 06:43:26

Morning harri, gaga.

MawBroon Fri 16-Nov-18 06:46:41

Good morning from Birmingham -I have no idea about “outside” as the curtains are long, thick and firmly shut but I can hear the latter of feet on the top floor so would guess that is DGS2 who does everything at 100 mph. Once the boys are off to school I will be having a coffee then heading home.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Sealover Fri 16-Nov-18 06:54:14

Good morning from South Cumbria, so dark here. Chronic insomniac that I am have been up since 3.30 knitting, socks! Meeting a dear friend for a coffee and catch up at a local garden centre (of course). Dog walking later with DH. Have a wonderful day.

NannyJan53 Fri 16-Nov-18 06:56:23

Good Morning from The Black Country!

Still dark here, but will be out shortly on the train station run.

Then back to do a spot of housework, then walk to gym, then back to iron!

Picking up 2 DGD's from school and having them for the weekend as DD is off for the weekend for an early 40th birthday celebration with her DH and friends.

Have a lovely day everyone.

EllanVannin Fri 16-Nov-18 07:00:16

Good morning All from the NW. x
Dark,dry and pretty mild really. Delighted to have seen a shooting star at 06.15 as I was looking up at the brightest star,so I had a wish. It made my day.
Will just see what today brings while ironing.

Stay safe and well everyone.

DoraMarr Fri 16-Nov-18 07:01:03

Good morning Mick, Annie and everyone, from a dark but mild Birmingham. My daughter is bringing my grandson at 7.30, and he will be staying the night. I have two friends for lunch today, which will probably be a cheese plate and some nice bread, as I don’t do proper cooking when my grandson is here. Your theatre trips sound good, Mick.

Greyduster Fri 16-Nov-18 07:07:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Still dark in South Yorkshire but looks as if we have had rain at some stage. DH has an early medical appointment. I have meat and potato pies to make this morning as we are feeding GS this evening. He is staying overnight. Have a good day folks.

gillybob Fri 16-Nov-18 07:10:42

Good morning from the NE coast . I haven’t had a lot of rest again as my back is still playing up. Thank goodness it’s Friday.

NanKate Fri 16-Nov-18 07:12:11

Morning Mick and All.

Grey skies in South Bucks.

It’s good to have trips and Shows to look forward to Mick

Off to have my tooth checked out then some shopping followed by a trip to the cinema to see the new J K Rowling film.

Brunette10 Fri 16-Nov-18 07:30:06

Good Morning everyone and to those who follow. It's dark but dry in Fife at the moment, not sure weather wise what kind of day it will turn out. Getting pneumonia jag this morning, should have had it before flu jag but nurse didn't have time. Some shopping and friend around in evening for drinks and nibbles. I hope all are well and everyone enjoys their day.

TerriBull Fri 16-Nov-18 07:31:11

Good morning everyone fairly grey here in West London. still lying in bed reading Cormoran Strike and checking on the news, but will get up in half an hour or so Off to look at bed linen in M&S this morning as it's one of their periodic 20% off long weekends .

I have an appointment at my local pharmacy this after noon for one of the new flu jabs as they have finally received their new stock.

Have a good day everyone.

aggie Fri 16-Nov-18 07:37:44

Good Morning all , expecting two daughters with their daughters smile They have just texted that flight is delayed sad

NfkDumpling Fri 16-Nov-18 07:39:20

Morning All

Here in Norfolk it’s grey and still and rather miserable looking on the other side of the curtains, so I’ve left them shut.

Art class this morning and we’re facing the challenge of portraiture. I think the results could be quite interesting!

Marydoll Fri 16-Nov-18 07:40:57

Good morning Mick and all. It's dry here in Glasgow.
Recovering after an enjoyable, but exhausting day yesterday.
Off to do a supermarket shop and return an item. It appears to have been made for someone with double length arms.
For those feeling under par, I hope you improve soon.
Happy Friday everyone.

ninathenana Fri 16-Nov-18 08:03:57

Morning everyone.

Very grey and misty in Kent. Usual Friday food shop and a stop for coffee with DH.
Good news at the eye clinic yesterday. No injection needed and back in two months not one.
Have a good day

cornergran Fri 16-Nov-18 08:09:34

Morning Mick, morning All from a gloomy corner of Somerset. Toothache and tinnitus competing for attention so a disturbed night. Onwards though. Food shop later and some pottering. The trips sound good mick, something to look forward to. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Sar53 Fri 16-Nov-18 08:18:04

Good morning everyone from a grey Essex by the sea. I've been awake since silly o'clock. My mind races at sixty miles an hour and I start to worry about everything. Did drop off for about an hour though. Hopefully will be tired enough to sleep tonight. Not much planned apart from some shopping. Have a good day all.

Pittcity Fri 16-Nov-18 08:26:57

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. It was very foggy yesterday evening. Slept in after my day with 3 year old DGS..have him for 3 days next week.
Not sure what to do today. Need to walk to the station for a free Metro newspaper as it has a Lidl voucher today.

lemongrove Fri 16-Nov-18 08:27:54

Grey so far, here but Autumn trees still look lovely, I could gaze out of the window drinking tea all day ( but must get going soon.)
Helping staff at DGS school for Children In Need activities,
They will all be highly excited.
Have a good day all.

Blue45Sapphire Fri 16-Nov-18 08:27:58

Good morning all from a grey and chilly looking Northampton.
Sainsbury's and M&S Food this morning.
No DGDs after school this afternoon; I shan't know what to do with myself, probably catch up with recorded programmes. And make a curry for dinner.
Feeling quite lazy after two busy days!
Have a good day, everyone.

Auntieflo Fri 16-Nov-18 08:33:42

Morning Mick, Annie to come and all others. Grey and damp here in Berks, but not at all cold.
Hurray, it's my last treatment today, and I can't believe how quickly these last three weeks have gone. Yesterday was the only day with any sort of delay, but as everything usually works like clockwork, I definitely can't moan. So thank you to all the staff in Bracknell.
All of the earlier birds sound as though they have a busy day in front of them.
Gilly, sorry to hear your back is still playing up. Have a relaxing weekend.
Nina, good news about your eye injections.
Marydoll, were you not tempted to keep your extra long sleeved garment, to keep your sore hands warm? smile
I shall try and finish my jumper today.
Have a good day one and all, and enjoy your weekends.