Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Wed 21-Nov-18 06:24:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looks cold and maybe some ground frost out there in Brackley this morning.
Blood test later hoping it will be an easy job.
Mick

Gagagran Wed 21-Nov-18 06:41:06

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a cold but dry south coast.

I managed to get a dental appointment yesterday but it was bad news. The pain is coming from under a crown on a back tooth and it can't be saved. On Friday the dentist is going to remove the crown and put a temporary cap on but she won't extract it until 3 January. Not quite sure why the delay but she said it might be a difficult job as the roots are very long. At least the aching should be alleviated.

Hope the day is a good one for everyone.

Marydoll Wed 21-Nov-18 06:45:13

Good morning Mick and all who follow.
It's a while since I have been second. grin.
Up early, as I have been coughing and wheezing and I think there is a man with a very big hammer inside my head. ???. It's absolutely miserable here in Glasgow, rain, rain and more rain.
We have DGD today, but I think we will be hibernating.
BIL and SIL are coming to visit after BIL's Dyalisis, for a wee celebration of DGD's birthday, which was on Sunday. ?☕?
I hope your sugar levels are ok, Mick.
Have a good day, everyone.

Marydoll Wed 21-Nov-18 06:45:30

Morning Gaga! grin

Marydoll Wed 21-Nov-18 06:46:29

Sorry about the tooth, Gaga, I had the same thing happen to me. sad

NanKate Wed 21-Nov-18 07:32:42

Morning Mick and All.

Grey and cold here in South Bucks again !

I too am coughing for England Mary but at least I don’t have any hammering going on. Haven’t been out for a few days and can feel Cabin Fever coming on.

Hope your blood tests go well Mick.

ninathenana Wed 21-Nov-18 07:38:08

Morning all.

Grey and damp in Kent. Yesterday was horrible, rain, wind and very cold. Today is an improvement.
I was due to have lunch with a friend today but she has cancelled, she does that a lot. So nothing planned for today as we were meeting 1/2 hr drive away.
Hope the temporary fix gives you some relief Gaga

kittylester Wed 21-Nov-18 07:45:00

Morning all from a grey and miserable North Leicestershire.

Just pootling and faffing for me this morning and then usual Wednesday school run in Derby.

Thinking of ann today.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Willow10 Wed 21-Nov-18 07:46:38

Good morning all from a very cold East Northants. Not much sleep after a pub quiz last night, my brain wouldn't settle down! Won two bottles of wine though - one for coming second and the other in the raffle! Archery this morning followed by coffee and chat, so better stir myself. Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Wed 21-Nov-18 07:48:44

Morning Mick, Morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Catch up day today before theatre this evening. Flipping teeth eh gaga? Not what you need. Hope you are more comfortable after Friday. Another tooth x-ray for me today, can only hope the outcome doesn’t indicate a difficulty with the extraction booked for December. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Sar53 Wed 21-Nov-18 07:48:56

Good morning everyone from a brighter Essex by the sea. Awake at 4 as OH had to be away early to a business meeting in Birmingham. I did doze off again after he had left.
Dentist this morning, but I have the start of another throat/chest infection and I am coughing so not sure how that will go. Hopefully just a quick check up. Happy day to all.

Pittcity Wed 21-Nov-18 08:02:22

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Cold but drier than yesterday...it didn't stop raining all day.
Waiting in for a man to fit a black box to DS's car, so may have to miss Wednesday coffee meetup in town.

Auntieflo Wed 21-Nov-18 08:04:41

Morning Mick, Annie to come and all GN's. Damp and dismal here at the moment.
Heard yesterday that our new GGD had arrived, very late, but she is beautiful.
Good luck with your blood test Mick, and for all those with dental problems.
Marydoll and NanKate, I hope you both soon feel better and that your GD doesn't wear you out Marydoll.
A friend is coming later for a cuppa and a nice long catch up.
Enjoy your day everyone

ninathenana Wed 21-Nov-18 08:11:11

I've just read and seen pics of a dusting of snow in parts of Kent early this morning.

teaforone Wed 21-Nov-18 08:17:21

Been following for a while so thought I would be brave and do my first post. Was up early to replenish the bird feeders as the squirrels are decimating them and it is costing me a fortune, but I cannot see my regular birds disappointed. Off to Library later and may meet up with someone for lunch and perhaps a short walk,weather permitting, if not catch a bus to local town for a wander around. Have a good day

Brunette10 Wed 21-Nov-18 08:19:53

Good Morning everyone, bit later today, wakened up through the night and took ages to get back to sleep.Windy and rainy as it's been all night here in Fife. Got 2 appointments today so probably that's why I was a bit restless through the night. Quite a few people under the weather today, winter is def here unfortunately. Keep your chin up everyone.

harrigran Wed 21-Nov-18 08:20:57

Good morning, it is windy with heavy rain and it looks dreadful out.
I have a hospital appointment this morning so will have to brave it.

NannyJan53 Wed 21-Nov-18 08:27:42

Good Morning from a very grey and cold Black Country

Welcome to teaforone

Driving to Stoneleigh Abby today, for an afternoon tea for two. It was a voucher I received in September for my birthday, so thought I had better use it as it expires on Friday! Taking Mum, but not relishing the drive on the M42 andM40!

Just popped to Sainsburys for petrol, and noticed they have 25% off on all TU clothing. So I had to look didn't I? Pair of trousers and a jumper, £8 saving smile

Have a good day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Nov-18 08:31:36

Good morning all ?

Brightening up here in SE Essex rather chilly though.
Last day of builders today ?Then it's coordinating carpet fitters, curtain people and putting our house back to normal. Just in time for the Christmas decorations and tree ??

Hope your toothache is eased Gaga, Sar I feel your pain, my throats is so sore, my head is like cotton wool, fervently hoping that it doesn't go to my chest and upset my asthma.

Wishing you all a peaceful Wednesday ?

Blue45Sapphire Wed 21-Nov-18 08:33:30

Good morning everyone. Grey and cold here in Northampton, but I have a lovely warm cat sitting on my lap!
Have to stay in again today as still awaiting a package that needs to be signed for. So will be making mince pies. Christmas cake mark 2 made yesterday, now fed with brandy and wrapped up tightly.
My lovely helpful neighbour fixed my sink for me yesterday; needed a new seal around the plughole. So grateful.
Booked myself a river cruise yesterday for my birthday in April - cruising the Danube, two days in Prague first, then Nuremburg via Vienna to Budapest, sounds good and all places I've never been before.
Hope everyone has a good day.

travelsafar Wed 21-Nov-18 08:39:34

Not had a good start to the day so far.Up at 5.30am to get ready for hospital admission. Booked in, medical checks completed, gown and flight socks put on along with name tags, settled down with a book waiting to go to theatre when the registrar sticks his head round the curtain to say sorry its been cancelled the surgeon is off sick today!!! I know it's not his fault but so disappointed, as i had geared myself up for spinal nerve block injection and thought i would be pain free, now have to wait for another appointment. Poor Gaga hope your tooth problem is resolved, nothing worse than toothache. Hope alll of you with coughs, colds and sore throats are soon feeling better.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 21-Nov-18 08:42:56

Good morning from a very wet central Scotland. I am earlier than usual because there is no chance of doing anything at all in the garden today. I had planned to split some bedding plants but that might have to wait now until next year. I am going to hibernate and do some Christmas craft. What I am not going to do today is listen to anything to do with Brexit, all the squabbling and disagreeing is irritating me. Off for hot buttered toast. Have a contented day all. Ps welcome teaforone. I am new here too.

Greyduster Wed 21-Nov-18 08:50:49

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A dull start in South Yorkshire but dry at least. I had a very restless night and woke up dreaming I had just driven my car into a bog and couldn’t find anyone to pull me out!! We are supposed to be going walking today, but at the moment I don’t feel like getting out of bed! Have a good day folks.

Alygran Wed 21-Nov-18 08:54:18

Good morning from a damp North Yorkshire.
Late start after a very disturbed night. Off to do a bit of Chr** shopping on the way to meet a friend for lunch in Richmond.

Congratulations Auntieflo on your GGD.
Thinking of Ann today.
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Bellasnana Wed 21-Nov-18 08:55:49

Good morning everyone. It’s a lovely sunny day here in Malta. I’m going to the hairdressers in a bit to get my roots done. Not ready to embrace the grey just yet grin

travelsafar, that’s so frustrating for you, I’m sorry you’ve got all geared up for nothing.flowers

Sorry, also, to hear of your dental problems Gaga. Anything to do with dentists is usually not much fun and not cheap either.

Welcome teaforone (love your name), hope you will enjoy Gransnet.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.sunshine