Gransnet forums

Chat

Camper van window insulation blinds

(7 Posts)
Lisagran Tue 15-Jan-19 18:44:54

Anyone with a camper van use insulation panels (to keep heat out / in depending on the season)? (The ones that are silver and look quilted) We have a VW T4. The panels seem pretty pricey, so interested in recommendations or otherwise. Thanks

petra Tue 15-Jan-19 21:01:05

Lisagran
We have a Mercedes Hymer. The blinds are fitted into the window frame.
Would it be possible for you to buy insulated blinds and fit them.?

Lisagran Tue 15-Jan-19 21:24:44

Thanks petra - we wanted something like this (in the pic). Ones online seem really pricey and not very robust. I’m currently scouring the web!

petra Wed 16-Jan-19 19:23:17

Lisagran
We have something like that that fits on the outside.
It's come into its own many times in severe cold conditions.
I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy that material on line and make them up yourself.
Worth a try grin as we say " happy trails"

Ohmother Wed 16-Jan-19 21:35:08

We also have the outer blinds which are better than interior ones as you don’t get condensation. Great to keep the heat in or out depending on the season. They are expensive to buy new but to us worth every penny. On some camping forums you can either request to buy any spare ones or see if anyone’s selling some that will fit your particular camper. Good luck in your quest fellow camper. ??

Lisagran Wed 16-Jan-19 21:39:56

Thanks petra and Ohmother - yes, most of the forums I’ve been looking at seem to say the outer ones are better. Might go to the NEC show in Feb and look there?

MamaCaz Wed 16-Jan-19 21:44:57

I second what Ohmother says about external blinds being much better with regard to condensation, not to mention frost, and even snow. Who wants to have to clear those off the windscreen in the morning before you can leave your campsite!