(37 Posts)
maryeliza54 Wed 16-Jan-19 05:05:40

Is there?

BlueBelle Wed 16-Jan-19 05:12:12

Yep I m here

maryeliza54 Wed 16-Jan-19 05:15:32

Time passes slowly in the early hours

cavewoman Wed 16-Jan-19 05:18:25

Thank goodness for Gransnet! A magazine one can dip in and out of.

BBbevan Wed 16-Jan-19 05:58:48

Yes, since just before 4. DH will wake up soon and make tea.

Grandma70s Wed 16-Jan-19 06:05:43

I’ve been awake for a couple of hours. Still in bed, watching the news on telly with the sound down.

maryeliza54 Wed 16-Jan-19 06:20:13

Just awaiting my cup of tea now - the day has started

RosieLeah Wed 16-Jan-19 06:29:34

Been up for an hour..thought I was alone!

EllanVannin Wed 16-Jan-19 13:48:45

I was up at 01.30am after tossing and turning but feeling completely wide awake. Made myself a cuppa and let the cats out as they'd wakened too thinking it was time for breakfast.

I probably only had a couple of hours sleep as I wasn't a bit tired. This doesn't happen too often thank goodness but feel for those who do suffer as a regular occurrence.

morethan2 Fri 18-Jan-19 04:38:58

I’m so fed up with this battle to sleep. It used to come so easily even if I wasn’t particularly tired. Now I can be exhausted and still won’t sleep. Went to bed at 10.30, struggled to sleep must have gone off around 11.30. Woke up around 2 husbands snoring kept me awake ever since. I’ve got a school run to do then I’m off to furniture village to buy a really good bed for the spare bedroom. I’m reluctant to sleep separately but this is driving me insane. I’m tempted to put a pillow over his face and sit on it till the noise stops, best not don’t want to be done for murder, then again a single prison cell feels very appealing just now. Arhhhhh shut up mr morethan

sylviann Fri 18-Jan-19 05:18:29

I think I've done well tonight I've slept for 4 hours

Grammaretto Fri 18-Jan-19 05:50:19

This is me awake but not bad at all. I feel for you morethan2 and wish
I could help you to get a proper night. The spare room will help and at least you won't be done for murder. Prison beds would be bad and you'd get a cell mate who snores.
Have you tried everything?
No caffeine. Lavender bag under pillow. Sleepy time tea. Yoga breathing to stop your brain whizzing. You'll be fine during the day. Ear plugs. We don't need as much sleep as we think we do and we'd like.

Willow500 Fri 18-Jan-19 05:50:23

Smoke detector beeping has woken us both us at 5 am - me it's normal time but it's himself's day off so he wasn't a happy bunny. He's taken it down and taken himself back to bed but expect he'll be down again shortly.

Morethan we've been in separate rooms for years due to his snoring so I know how you feel. He was diagnosed with sleep apnea some years ago so has the cPap machine which has stopped the snoring but we're both just used to our own beds now and I must admit I sleep much better on my own. Hope you find a bed.

Billybob4491 Fri 18-Jan-19 06:21:28

Have been awake since 4.00am which is usual for me. Listening to LBC must be one of their most loyal listeners.

Greenfinch Fri 18-Jan-19 06:49:17

Asda is selling a pillow for £12 which is supposed to help with snoring. Don't know if it works.

BradfordLass72 Fri 18-Jan-19 07:12:57

morethan2 I solved my insomnia problem (at least 90% of the time, nowt's perfect!) by taking magnesium.
It's gently, fairly cheap and doesn't leave you groggy in the morning.
And I always have an audio book by my bed: I choose those without exciting battles or chases - something mild and soothing.
I switch it on and tell my brain to just listen and stop mulling over the many problems. It works.

M0nica Fri 18-Jan-19 07:23:39

I woke at 6.00am, just seconds before the alarm. I prefer to get up then, but have been a bit under the weather recently and oversleeping.

I was really pleased to wake at that hour. I have a couple of hours of quiet to check GN, sort the day out in my head and plan my trip away next week.

JackyB Fri 18-Jan-19 07:28:33

I slept OK but DH had to get up at 5 to take the last jug of mixture to "clear out" for a colonoscopy this morning. We're off to hospital in about 10 minutes if he can get off the loo! I'm just finishing off my cuppa.

dragonfly46 Fri 18-Jan-19 07:38:10

Up most of the night. DH had a hypo and had to call the paramedics. Then I had to stay with him to make sure he didn’t have another. Now waiting until 8 to get a GP’s appointment.

Grammaretto Fri 18-Jan-19 07:42:29

dragonfly46
Hugs. flowers

Ohmother Fri 18-Jan-19 08:01:32

It’s my day off and I forgot to silence the 7am alarm! I got up, made a cup of tea for us both and am now back in cosy bed.

I have been using silicone ear plugs because my husband snores loudly. They’re not torpeado shape and they mould to your ear. They’re brilliant! And I can still hear my alarm. ??

BBbevan Sat 19-Jan-19 02:34:25

Wide awake. Will read bits on GN for a while, then snuggle down. I could do with a cup of tea but will wake DH if I get up. So no tea. Busy morning tomorrow but I will probably sleep well tomorrow night. So no worries.

Grandma2213 Sat 19-Jan-19 02:44:20

Hi BB Wasting sleep time on Gransnet as I have just finished decorating DGD's birthday cake for tomorrow and decided to have a glass of wine. (now half way through the bottle and not tired!!!) DS and DGC fast asleep now and I don't plan to get up early. DS will sort football and gymnastics and I will get party ready for tea time and rest of the family. That's the plan anyway!!

MissAdventure Sat 19-Jan-19 03:35:53

Sigh..
Awake. It feels as if I've not had a decent sleep for decades.

MrTumble Sat 19-Jan-19 04:22:01

Yes, I never get a good nights sleep, it was after 23.45 that I fell asleep a have been awake from 02. 16. I've a headache as well.