Gransnet forums

Chat

What’s your ‘ anxiety dream’?

(104 Posts)
Daddima Mon 21-Jan-19 14:17:06

Because of many years of amateur drama, in mine I’m going onstage, but have had no rehearsal, so don’t know what to do. Sometimes it’s time for me to go on, but I can’t find the way to the stage!

Greenfinch Mon 21-Jan-19 14:22:19

I never get where I want to be.I simply never arrive. It is probably because I hate /have a fear of being late.

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 14:26:19

My recurring dream is being asked to look after 'tiddles' whilst someone is away.
I let myself into the house and close the door behind me.
Once trapped inside, I find tiddles is a lion. shock
I then spend hours, days, being stalked by him or her (or sometimes a pack of animals)
I have no idea what the cause is, but I wish I didn't keep agreeing to look after pets in dreams; you would think I'd know by now how it will end.

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 14:29:14

Oh, I also have the late dream, in which it is vital that I get somewhere and a series of things happen to make it less and less likely that i'll arrive at all.
Its exhausting!

Grannybags Mon 21-Jan-19 14:34:42

Mine is I'm desperate for the toilet. All the public loos are overflowing with poo and I have to tip toe about in it all, trying to keep my trousers out of it but not succeeding I always end up trying the Gents but it's even worse in there.

Not sure what that says about my brain!

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 14:37:31

Fascinating.
I wonder what a professional would make of our anxiety dreams?

baubles Mon 21-Jan-19 14:39:29

Mine is being pursued by some unknown person or persons through a building of some description. I’m always afraid and sometimes terrified fleeing the unknown but whenever I open a door which I believe will be an exit I’m faced with a staircase and/or yet another seemingly endless corridor. It’s been a recurring dream since childhood and still has the power to leave me shaken for hours after waking.

Mycatisahacker Mon 21-Jan-19 14:41:21

That I am enrolled in a uni but keep skipping and then stop going to the lectures and get way behind and can’t catch up. I never even went to uni.

My other one is loosing my grandson while he’s in my care.

Mycatisahacker Mon 21-Jan-19 14:42:25

baubles you must be running from some kind of unresolved trauma?

Parsley3 Mon 21-Jan-19 14:43:00

Mine is also performance related. I am on stage, stark naked and they have changed the script without telling me.

annsixty Mon 21-Jan-19 14:44:00

Mine is not getting to school on time.
I always get up in plenty of time but when I look at the clock, I have missed the bus.
I go to the stop for the next one but I never seem to get on it.
This means I miss the morning assembly in the school hall so I won't know where to go for the first lesson. I have this dream several times a month.

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 14:44:04

grin sorry.

Jalima1108 Mon 21-Jan-19 14:46:29

I am in a lovely but rambling old house on the cliffs overlooking the sea. However, I'm desperate the use the loo and can't find one anywhere; this dream seems to go on and on, I am going round the house, some corridors don't have a roof or side wall confused so I can see the sea but there is no loo anywhere.

Jalima1108 Mon 21-Jan-19 14:46:40

ps it's always the same house

Teetime Mon 21-Jan-19 14:46:40

I have 2.
One its Christmas day morning and I have done nothing and have no presents or food ready.
The second is desperately needing the loo and not being able to find one with a door on it or a seat on the loo.
Both about needing to be always prepared for everything and being anxious if I am not.

Jalima1108 Mon 21-Jan-19 14:48:27

I never get where I want to be.I simply never arrive
I have that one too Greenfinch - I have never managed to get there and the anxiety levels are very high. I think I'm supposed to be saving someone but don't know who, and can't find them.

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 14:51:31

I also have dreams of being chased, hiding from someone, holding my breath as they pass.
I can sometimes fly in the chasing ones, not very high, just enough to keep me out of reach.

KatyK Mon 21-Jan-19 15:03:22

I'm out in town and I'm lost. My mobile phone won't work, so I find a phonebox and it's out of order. I can't get home. Another frequent dream is losing my handbag. Insecure? Moi?

loopyloo Mon 21-Jan-19 15:09:19

Mine is that we still have a shop and there is a pile of unpaid bills and I am trying to rearrange the display to make sales!
Used to be doing A levels and not remembering which set books we were studying.

BlueBelle Mon 21-Jan-19 15:09:21

I m another toilet one I m always dying for a wee really desperate but can’t find a toilet I m running round corridors and rooms and when I find one its engaged and Im nearly weeing myself

Nannytopsy Mon 21-Jan-19 15:13:49

Mine is that I find myself at school without any clothes on. I was deputy head when this dream started grin

KatyK Mon 21-Jan-19 15:17:05

When I was a child I used to dream that I was in the shop at the end of the road wearing only my vest!

goldengirl Mon 21-Jan-19 15:23:27

I can't find my hotel room to pick up my luggage!! I can't remember the floor it's on nor the number and there's noone at reception and the taxi is waiting

MissAdventure Mon 21-Jan-19 15:25:50

Do you 'toilet' people wake up desperate for the loo?
Do you think it might be your bladder alerting you?

shysal Mon 21-Jan-19 15:28:08

Another toilet dreamer here. It is always a case of either not being able to find one or if I do it is overflowing and in full view of the public.

A different common scenario is trying to use my mobile phone for something urgent but it has no buttons or the screen is distorted.