Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(93 Posts)
kittylester Wed 23-Jan-19 07:05:17

Morning!!

kittylester Wed 23-Jan-19 07:07:22

Good morning all.

Where is kate? Is this the Marie Celeste?

It's perishing in North Leicestershire.

More admin this morning and school run this pm.

Beechnut Wed 23-Jan-19 07:10:30

Good Morning Kitty. Still no Mick!

Dark cold and very frosty on Severnside. The car is nearly white.

I’ll just do some pottering jobs today and maybe go to the store as there isn’t much milk.
What an exciting life for Me today ?

Stay warm and safe everyone ?

Marydoll Wed 23-Jan-19 07:15:22

Good morning, Kitty and all who follow. Thanks for staring us off, but I know you will understand when I say I prefer Mick. grinI have been lurking, not wanting to start the thread, as my past record in duplicate posts is not a good one! grin.
It is -6° here and despite the heating being on for hours, it's freezing.
Hopefully I will be meeting my friends and ex colleagues for lunch, unless DGD is unable to go to nursery, due to her comjunctivitis.
Have a good day everyone and stay stay safe is you are out and about today.

Marydoll Wed 23-Jan-19 07:15:49

Good morning Beechnut!

Brunette10 Wed 23-Jan-19 07:29:18

Good Morning to everyone. Yes Marydoll it's very cold here too in Fife but my porridge should heat me up for the day. Have DGS's today so will get out for a walk if we are all wrapped up. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring but one thing I know it will be a busy one smile. Hope everyone has a good day.

dragonfly46 Wed 23-Jan-19 07:30:28

Good morning. As Kitty says cold here but still snug in bed with cup of tea.

No plans today - saw Mum yesterday and she was having her hair done. They do make her look pretty.

1inamillion Wed 23-Jan-19 07:42:47

2 degrees and icy here on South Wales coast. It's getting light,sky is clear with a pinky sunrise.
Need to sort out a load of books and take them to charity shop.
Made a beef casserole yesterday so looking forward to that.
Hope your GD is better soon Marydoll.

Gagagran Wed 23-Jan-19 07:43:25

Good Morning everyone from a very chilly south coast.

I was up at 5am to make some tea and turn the heating on after a poor night suffering with my sinusy, throaty cold. It has not descended onto my chest so far and for that I am truly thankful being asthmatic. I have given my apologies for choir this evening already.

I hope all those joining me on the sick list soon buck up and that everyone manages to have a good day. Go safely if on the road - it's dangerous out there. sunshine - please!

Grammaretto Wed 23-Jan-19 07:45:49

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where my hands freeze as soon as they're out from under the bed covers.
Change of plans today due to family illness.
Have a good day everyone.

Willow10 Wed 23-Jan-19 07:46:10

Good morning all. We had a bit of snow in East Northants last night. This morning it is still looks very frosty and my car is iced up. Archery this morning - do I go or not? Keep warm if you can!

NanKate Wed 23-Jan-19 07:52:46

Morning Kitty Mary and All.

Thanks for kicking us all off Kitty whilst Mick’s computer is down. I must admit I have overslept, unlike me who is usually awake at 6.30.

Hope you have a fun meal out with your friends Mary.

Dragonfly what a lovely thing to say about your Mum, I wish I still had mine about, however I always feel she is close by.

We have snow here in the Thames Valley but it is only a covering. Need to get my shoe grips out so that I can walk into town for a coffee with a friend.

cornergran Wed 23-Jan-19 07:56:23

Morning All from a bright, frosty and I assume cold corner of Somerset. Still in bed so nice and warm. Thanks for getting us started kitty. I can imagine how fed up mick is with Windows. Bit of cleaning then perhaps a bracing walk later, see how the energy goes, it’s fluctuating a bit. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Wed 23-Jan-19 07:58:19

Good Morning from a very cold and icy Black Country. Took partner to the train station this morning and it was -1 in the car! We had just a light covering of snow.

Going to Wolverhampton today, to visit Mum. We will go for lunch, then to see the new film Stan and Ollie, so looking forward to that.

Wishing you all a good day.

MawBroon Wed 23-Jan-19 07:59:14

Good morning all from a cold and snow frosted corner of N Bucks.
Car service today, I am SO glad they are picking it up and that I don’t have to drive it over to the dealership which is 6 miles away.
Went to see the live streaming of Tchaikovsky’s Queen of Spades from the ROH at my favourite Filmhouse in Northampton last night and the snow was horizontal on the drive up! So that’s winter and that’s enough for me!
Will try to find out what is ailing Mick and his computer later today.
Keep warm, keep safe!

DoraMarr Wed 23-Jan-19 07:59:21

Good morning from a grey, damp Birmingham. I have my usual hospital appointment this morning, then coffee with a friend in the Italian deli. Writing group this evening, where we will be discussing “Milkman”, which I haven’t enjoyed. There was a dusting of snow on the ground when I went to bed last night, but it has melted, and I don’t think it is very cold. Have a good day everyone!

craftergran Wed 23-Jan-19 08:04:56

Good morning. It's in the minuses here and feels a bit chilly but I haven't looked out yet. I'm always up first and I like the curtains closed whilst I have a coffee and come to myself. I open the curtains when I feel more human-like.

ninathenana Wed 23-Jan-19 08:06:04

Good Morning everyone.

Blue skies in Kent and DH says it's flippin' cold out.
DS out at day centre all day and DH will be busy in his workshop so I'll be watching catchup TV.

Auntieflo Wed 23-Jan-19 08:16:38

Good morning Kitty, Annie and all.
I was so sure that Michael would be back this morning, but wrong!
Hair cut this morning, luckily only a short drive away, and the roads look OK, and we have a little snow lying around.
I haven't seen what the temperatures are, as I am still in bed with my early morning tea.
Have a safe day one and all, and keep warm.

Greyduster Wed 23-Jan-19 08:16:45

Good morning, Kitty and all GNs. It is a very cold, frosty, clear morning in South Yorkshire. Neither Himself nor I had a good night and both feel wrung out this morning, so I think it will be another slow start and a quiet day. But at least the sun is shining! Have a good day, folks.

angelic Wed 23-Jan-19 08:20:51

Morning all, from a very cold, Hampshire. We have a covering of snow but it has the ice underneath, so is very slippery.
GD is going to take GS to school, as I am really scared of falling over, more so since a nasty fall in July.
Take care everyone

Alygran Wed 23-Jan-19 08:23:56

Good morning. Very frosty here in North Yorkshire. Phone says -5! Sun just coming up in a clear sky.
Oil has just been delivered so that should see me through the cold.
Nothing planned for today but will go out for a walk when it warms up a bit.

BlueSapphire Wed 23-Jan-19 08:31:57

Good morning from a bright and cold Northampton looking pretty with a dusting of snow. Wondering whether to venture out to my walking group this afternoon.
Nothing else much planned for today, except DGDs staying over tonight so that DS and DDIL can go to their monthly pub quiz with DD and DSIL, a nice evening out for them.
Hope everyone stays nice and warm today.

Anniebach Wed 23-Jan-19 08:47:37

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

GrannyGravy13 Wed 23-Jan-19 08:59:14

Good morning all x

The snow has settled in the garden here in SE Essex, but the roads are clear.

Going to the gym this morning to stretch out my back and hopefully ease off the pain.

Keep warm and safe folks