Gransnet forums

Chat

A polite request! Please don't "darken" light threads.

(152 Posts)
phoenix Fri 15-Feb-19 13:19:52

Hello all, good wishes etc.

Well, what it says up there ^, that's all I really wanted to say.

dragonfly46 Fri 15-Feb-19 13:27:41

Hear hear Phoenix I suspect there is a lack of a sense of humour in some posters.

Nonnie Fri 15-Feb-19 13:27:51

Don't get your hopes up Phoenix there are people who seems to get pleasure from doing just that. grin I don't understand why people post just to be nasty or to say they don't do whatever the thread is about. Nothing wrong with not posting on a thread!!!

Charleygirl5 Fri 15-Feb-19 13:34:24

phoenix methinks your hopes are too high!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 15-Feb-19 13:38:38

Totally agree Phoenix there seems to be a lot of anger on GN at the moment.

There is no need to be rude or hurtful, I am not in real life and I like to think
I am not in this virtual world.

EllanVannin Fri 15-Feb-19 15:12:50

I miss a sense of humour on this site because I've always had one even in the most unusual of situations/circumstances and I swear that this has kept me sane on many an occasion.
Others can't seem to see the humour which I can sad

PS, I don't laugh at just anything and it's not sick humour either !

Jalima1108 Fri 15-Feb-19 15:26:51

I suppose we don't know how some people may interpret a post - some people do not have much of a sense of humour and others take things very literally.
I wonder what they're like in RL?

However, I do know what you mean phoenix

ffinnochio Fri 15-Feb-19 16:15:52

If one isn’t careful, I fear Gransnet will turn into Stepford Wives land, where everyone behaves appropriately to the whim of the OP ......

phoenix Fri 15-Feb-19 16:28:35

ffinnochio that is not what I'm suggesting at all!

Buffybee Fri 15-Feb-19 16:43:39

I have laughed at many of your posts Ellan and I agree that a good sense of humour can brighten your day.
There was one thread recently, I can't remember which one unfortunately but I was giggling all the way through as the great women on here posted their hilarious quips.

Jane10 Fri 15-Feb-19 16:45:24

Some peoples 'light' is other people's 'dark'.
Gosh. Profound or what!?
I suppose what I mean is that what might be a hilarious topic to the OP might just not be funny at all to others oreve a serious matter. Nobody can predict or, worse, dictate how a thread may go.

ffinnochio Fri 15-Feb-19 16:45:27

I’ve just given an example of ‘dead pan’ humour ..... no smilies.
Difficult to interpret isn’t it.

I do get your OP phoenix, but I guess there will always be posters who are more challenging than others ..... and why not?

Might be going down a #rabbithole here!

MawBroon Fri 15-Feb-19 16:51:26

At what point though phoenix does humour become banter become bullying or abuse?
It may have been meant as a joke when I was told to get back and stay beneath the sofa but to me it was bullying.

kittylester Fri 15-Feb-19 17:23:07

I agree with your op phoenix.

maw, you should report bullying.

MawBroon Fri 15-Feb-19 17:27:21

kitty I did. Did they agree?
What do you think! ???
So I crawled back.

phoenix Fri 15-Feb-19 19:33:46

Maw tough one, whilst some may not see it as "bullying" I for one saw the post to which I think you refer, as unnecessarily aggressive.

(Now Phoenix ducks behind sofa, dons tin helmet, stocks up on emergency supplies (mainly chilled Cava, Lidl, under £5 a bottle). and ensures that there is enough food for the mogs to see out the seige)

Roger, over and out, code brown.

dragonfly46 Fri 15-Feb-19 19:39:22

It’s okay maw and phoenix I will bring you provisions!

MawBroon Fri 15-Feb-19 19:46:21

With “emergency provisions” of this standard, I may never come out!

52bright Fri 15-Feb-19 19:51:32

Could you add some G and T and some good tonic please???

Doodle Fri 15-Feb-19 19:53:06

Ooh phoenix and maw please, please may I join you. I have a packet of crisps and some peanuts and I would love to be stuck behind the sofa with you two (P.S. I am also bringing my duvet because although I am on your side, I like my creature comforts ?)

phoenix Fri 15-Feb-19 19:53:58

Maw Stay strong, we can survive this!

OK, we may need the occasional airdrop of other essentials, such as smoked salmon and decent chocolate, maybe "proper" English strawberries once they are in season, plus cream of course, but we CAN get through this!

Doodle Fri 15-Feb-19 20:06:30

Can’t find any salmon phoenix. Are you partial to ? or ? or ? by any chance? I’m going to the fishmonger in the morning.

phoenix Fri 15-Feb-19 20:30:36

Doodle can't stand any salmon other than smoked, I have tried in various recipes, but still find it bleurgh! Crab and lobster (if I am reading your charming little pictures correctly) are both very much appreciated!

However, it looks as though we will either need a fridge behind this sofa (which seems to be growing larger) or someone on the outside making deliveries!

Which brings another question, who can we trust?

Unscrupulous people may try to airlift us things that may be poisoned or at the very least, totally unsuitable! shock

MawBroon Fri 15-Feb-19 20:44:37

Are we looking for Waitrose to deliver? Or Harrods? I’m not proud and enjoyed brilliant smoked salmon from Aldi at Christmas (and their organic Prosecco is a dream)
Do Aldi deliver behind sofas?

Alima Fri 15-Feb-19 20:47:26

Blimey Phoenix, you seem to have darkened your own thread.