Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Wed 20-Mar-19 06:15:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start but its dry here in Brackley this morning, usual day , small shop, and then maybe some cycling on TV this afternoon.
Mick

kittylester Wed 20-Mar-19 06:25:46

Morning Mick, morning all.

Its light and not cold in North Leicestershire. I have been awake since 1 am and feel awful now but I have a busy day ahead with an Alzheimer's course and the school run so no chance to have a lie in.

Those of you who wished DH well with his appointment yesterday might like to know that the consultant was as perplexed as we were so it was a big non-event.

Gagagran Wed 20-Mar-19 07:00:37

Good Morning Mick, kitty and everyone

Calm and cloudy here on the south coast and supposed to stay like that according to the forecast.

kitty I am sorry that you had the unnecessary worry about Mr K. yesterday but all's well that ends well - hopefully!

One more day for me to cope with the stitches in my mouth then hopefully it will feel a lot easier. Plan to go to choir this evening all being well.

Hope the day is kind to us all.

NanKate Wed 20-Mar-19 07:09:57

Morning Mick Kitty Gaga and All.

Going to be warmer here in the Thames valley area today.

So pleased that MrKitty’s appointment was a false alarm. No wonder you didn’t sleep Kitty you must have still been on alert.

Off to have me feet sorted then Rummykub this afternoon.

Urmstongran Wed 20-Mar-19 07:11:23

Good morning everyone from the early bird in South Manchester. The church bells woke me striking 7am so I’m sat here now with the first cuppa of the day. It’s dry and light and I can see the Pennine ridge so that’s a good sign.

Getting the train from across the road into Deansgate at 2pm to meet up in a pub with husband’s 2 brothers and their wives. We don’t get together very often and when we do it’s always great so I’m really looking forward to it!

nanny2507 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:12:21

good morning

Chilly in notts..up early as dog was sick on my bed!! oh the joys..long shift at work today but off tomorrow

BlueSapphire Wed 20-Mar-19 07:17:10

Good morning; grey and dry in Northampton this morning.
May have a trip to Milton Keynes today, as I have vouchers to spend. Thank goodness for free bus pass!
Hope everyone has a good day.

Nanabanana1 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:18:41

Good morning all, very mild in Torbay this morning, very grey across the bay, hopefully will brighten up later.
Not much planned today, might do some gardening.
Wishing all a peaceful day.

dragonfly46 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:19:36

Good morning from a somewhat brighter Leicestershire. Dog walking and taking DH to the opticians.

You must be emotionally drained kitty

Greyduster Wed 20-Mar-19 07:20:51

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A pale grey still start to the day in South Yorkshire and I am going fishing. First outing of the season. Conditions should be perfect, but big upland waters tend to make their own rules. Anyway, if all else fails, there will be a picnic lunch! Kitty I hope you feel better soon - probably the strain of yesterday’s medical non event!? Have a good day, folks.

1inamillion Wed 20-Mar-19 07:25:11

Morning all.
Sorry you had a needlessly stressful day yesterday Kitty.
Enjoy your catch up Urmston. We enjoyed a lovely lunch yesterday with an old friend and colleague.
Not long now Gaga, you've been through it I think.

A damp and misty morning here on South Welsh coast.
Have a good day and hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

gillybob Wed 20-Mar-19 07:28:26

Good morning from the NE coast . It’s starting to brighten up so there are promises of a nice day ahead.

It’s our wedding anniversary today but sadly off to “that place” . Nothing planned, nothing new.

Have a good Wednesday everyone. x

Grammaretto Wed 20-Mar-19 07:33:15

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's not raining but looks grey. I introduced our French visitor to the folk club last night where tunes were played and songs sung for her benefit including a 15th century French lament on the small pipes.
Craft group today.

Brunette10 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:39:09

Good Morning to all and to those who follow. Dull here in Fife today but no wind, believe it’s to be around 14 degrees so not cold either. Have DGS1 today as DGS2 is getting his jabs. Not sure what we will do but it will be a busy day. Happy Anniversary Gillybob hope your evening is pleasant. Kitty you must be relieved from yesterday’s news. Hope everyone’s day is good to them.

megan123 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:39:55

Good morning all from Derbyshire. Foggy but dry at least for the time being.
Hope everyone has a good day, and those with worries and pain soon feel better.

Willow10 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:44:28

Good morning all. Looking quite bright in E. Northants and definitely a bit warmer. Ladies archery this morning followed by coffee and a chat. Wishing a good day for everyone.

harrigran Wed 20-Mar-19 07:45:00

Good morning, it is mild and dry here in the NE.
Going out for lunch with DH's cousin and his wife, always a good meal followed by champagne.
Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs gillybob flowers

Greyduster Wed 20-Mar-19 07:49:37

Happy Anniversary, Gilly and Mr Gilly!

Marydoll Wed 20-Mar-19 08:02:58

Good morning all from a rainy Glasgow, what a surprise! grin
I've been up early, but decided to hold off on GN, as I knew I would get sucked in.
I have done a lot of chores, stripped the bed, made chilli and soup into the bargain.
Off out into town, as I fancy fish for tea, then back to continue tackling the linen cupboard. I found lots of embroidered tray cloths my mother inherited. I'm not sure what to do with them.
Kitty, you must be exhausted, enotionally and physically.
Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Gilly.
Brunette, enjoy your day with the wee one.

DoraMarr Wed 20-Mar-19 08:09:24

Good morning from a brilliantly sunny and warm Birmingham.
I’m going to a lecture this morning about Renaissance courtesans, then lunch, then a concert at Symphony Hall. Busy day!
I hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

cornergran Wed 20-Mar-19 08:10:46

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast corner of Somerset. Looks seriously gloomy out there. Admin for me this morning then hope to have an afternoon with some fresh air. Snap kitty, also wide awake at 1am. Try to get an early night tonight, drive carefully. Happy anniversary to you and your husband gilly, can you have a small celebration at the weekend? Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Wed 20-Mar-19 08:19:04

Morning everyone.

Dull start yet again in Kent, though it's supposed to brighten later. Taking DH to work this morning and then
BP check with the nurse this afternoon. I lead such an interesting life.
So glad Mr Lester's appointment was a false alarm. Worrying for you both though.

oldgaijin Wed 20-Mar-19 08:19:46

Good morning all from a grey, dry Aberdeenshire, chilly too when I let the mutt out for a pee.
Isn't technology wonderful? I can track daughter's whereabouts on the iPhone, see her moving then go on to Google Earth to see the city she is travelling through. Does that make me a stalker?
Nothing planned for today but ceramics class tonight, the first since Christmas. I wonder what underwhelming that I can make? Watch this space!
Have a good day everyone.

Nelliemoser Wed 20-Mar-19 08:19:48

Good Morning All
The sun is almost shining here. I seem to have picked up a dreadful cough from somewhere.
It's not quite as bad as it was hopefully.
Don't catch it.
A quiet day awaiting now.

aggie Wed 20-Mar-19 08:30:22

Good Morning all , mild and dull at the moment . I have been out inspecting the Aubretia that I moved yesterday , eldest daughter tells me it is the wrong time to do it , hope she is wrong as it looks very pretty at the edge of the drive where the mini Daffs are in full bloom , it looks quite ok at the moment so we will see wink