Gransnet forums

Chat

7pm and the Bra is off.....

(116 Posts)
Mossfarr Thu 25-Apr-19 19:58:46

Am I the only person who finds it too uncomfortable to wear a bra after 7pm?

I can wear it in comfort all day but for some unknown reason it becomes unbearable in the evening.

pensionpat Thu 25-Apr-19 20:01:32

I’m usually to be found in my pj’s by 7.00. Without bra so you are not alone.

sodapop Thu 25-Apr-19 20:01:38

It's worse for me in hot weather, I hate wearing a bra then.

Urmstongran Thu 25-Apr-19 20:04:12

Me too! I love that ping and release.
?

gillybob Thu 25-Apr-19 20:06:31

Mines off too ! Pjs on . Heaven

aggie Thu 25-Apr-19 20:08:53

oooo what a good idea , will close the blinds and lock the door wink

Iam64 Thu 25-Apr-19 20:10:34

Absolutely - mine comes off some time between 6 and 7pm when I take of my day clothes (that is jeans and sweat shirt) and put on my 'leisures'. Bra's are horrible instruments of torture. I only wear one during the day for decency. Until my 30's I didn't wear one at all and I still wonder why I bother (it certainly isn't because I need support, more for simple decency)

phoenix Thu 25-Apr-19 20:21:10

Being very overlooked when God was allocating breasts, and relying on various "enhancing" bras (gel bras, padded etc) I find when I remove my bra, my bosoms go with it blush

Still, looking on the bright side, what very little I have seem content to stay where they are, unlike my bottom which seems to be hell bent on introducing itself to the back of my knees.sad

Blondiescot Thu 25-Apr-19 20:25:18

7pm? Mine comes off the minute I get into the house, and I don't bother wearing one unless I have to go out anyway...

DanniRae Thu 25-Apr-19 21:18:18

I've only got a soft, pull-on one on so can tolerate that till bed time in about 45 mins! If I had a proper bra on it would have been whipped off hours ago grin

Chewbacca Thu 25-Apr-19 21:19:39

Set routine on walking in from work each day: throw handbag on chair, hang coat up, run upstairs to the loo; take bra off..... and breathe....!
Can't wait for day I can finally retire and throw the wretched things out once and for all.

Floradora9 Thu 25-Apr-19 21:20:03

I cannot stand being without one

TerriBull Thu 25-Apr-19 21:25:55

................eh not quite 7 but definitely by 9ish, anyway it's good to know I'm not alone when it comes to slobbing out grin

DoraMarr Thu 25-Apr-19 21:30:34

One positive effect of breast surgery is that I had to abandon underwired bras. How much more comfortable are wire free! I used to be tugging at my old bras all day, and be so relieved to take them off! Incidentally, I wonder if anyone had ever be stabbed by their bra? The wires used to work free and stick into me- horrible!

Norma123 Thu 25-Apr-19 21:38:33

The minute I get home from work for me too.
Weekends try to avoid altogether.

farview Thu 25-Apr-19 22:01:49

OMG...I hate them.... restrictive... uncomfortable...off as soon as possible every day ?

bikergran Thu 25-Apr-19 22:02:41

My dd ex boyfriends mum used to fling bra off and hang it on lounge door handle ..grin

crazyH Thu 25-Apr-19 22:07:42

That made me laugh Bikergran.....?

bikergran Thu 25-Apr-19 22:10:39

yes she was funny lady...shame as would have made dd a brill mother in law.

gillybob Thu 25-Apr-19 22:37:51

Like you phoenix I wasn’t exactly at the front of the queue when boobygones were given out, but at least when I take my bra off my boobies “kind of” stay where they were meant to be grin

Bellanonna Thu 25-Apr-19 22:47:27

I’m with Phoenix and Gilly on this one. I think we’re lucky!

Gonegirl Thu 25-Apr-19 23:03:51

I don't give my bra a thought in the evenings, but I do hook the front waistband of my trousers down and over my stomach whilst I watch television.

sassenach512 Thu 25-Apr-19 23:44:27

After tea, it's upstairs to fling the bra off, free 'the girls' and breathe a sigh of relief, then I get into my floaty/roomy kaftan and slob. My DH calls me 'Margot' but I care not a jot, its bliss to let it all hang out smile

BradfordLass72 Fri 26-Apr-19 01:26:38

In the days when no one made comfortable bras for big girls, and that's most of my life, I used to do exactly the same.

Now though, my bras fit, are soft and comfortable and I hardly ever know I'm wearing one, so it doesn't come off until the rest of my clothing does.

DoraMarr Yes, many times in the old days, so much so that I just took them out.

Iam64 I don't understand what's indecent about not wearing a bra. If you have large breasts it can be uncomfortable sure, but there are some lovely stretch 'sleep bras' which solve that problem. You are decent (IMO) in any state of undress. flowers

ninathenana Fri 26-Apr-19 06:42:08

I never wear one indoors. I'm a B cup and it really dosen't notice. The ones I do wear are non wired so if I've been out I'm fine to leave it on until I go to bed.