Gransnet forums

Chat

Gransnet. Should I Be On It?

(192 Posts)
chaffinch Wed 11-Sep-19 13:10:32

I only comment infrequently on here. Looking at all the different topics and viewpoints, I have come to the conclusion that I am not suitable to be on Gransnet because;

a. I voted Leave, and still want to Leave.

b. I like having a monarchy and (most) of the Royal Family.

and worst of all !

c. I am not a dog lover.

There, I have committed the 3 deadly Gransnet sins.

?

Lessismore Wed 11-Sep-19 13:12:50

But do you like Waitrose and overpriced silk scarves?

Alima Wed 11-Sep-19 13:14:06

Oh please stay chaffinch, we need more like you! Anyone to put a spanner in the works, wakes them all up!

quizqueen Wed 11-Sep-19 13:16:04

I'm with you on Brexit, chaffinch, but I do like all animals (probably better than I like humans) and would like to see the monarchy pay roll severely pared down to the direct heirs only- Charles, William, George.

H1954 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:16:30

Could you be my long lost twin? ?

I also voted to leave........and still want to!

I am proud of our Monarchy!

And I'm not a dog lover, detest the term "fur babies' . I wouldn't hurt a dog but have no yearning to own one. Just don't get me going on cats..........flaming sh***y little demonic critters!

If that upsets any GNetters I DO NOT CARE!!!!

chaffinch Wed 11-Sep-19 13:17:05

No Waitrose near me so don’t shop there. Not a scarf person, am no good at nonchalantly flinging them round my neck and looking stylish.

?

aggie Wed 11-Sep-19 13:24:23

Do stay ! , I voted Remain but can't be bothered arguing about it , not particular about dogs or cats , floaty scarves are like droopy rags and the wander round my neck , does any one else notice scarves walking round ? I end up with a long trail and a wee short bit strangling me smile

Lessismore Wed 11-Sep-19 13:26:43

Cats contribute nothing but poop.

I prefer Remain but I am losing the will to live.

I'm Gran age but no Gran.

Tea3 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:32:38

Chaffinch and H1954: I'm with you.
Aggie: you are right, scarves are very high maintenance unless tied tight enough to throttle.

Anrol Wed 11-Sep-19 13:40:44

Hallelujah sisters...chaffinch, H1954 and all others....I feel like a pariah sometimes, or someone with a very guilty secret!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:40:48

Chaffinch please stay, there are a leave voters and Royalists on here, they just keep their heads down.

Anrol Wed 11-Sep-19 13:42:51

Yes, GG13, I am hiding behind the sofa now!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:49:45

I got a telling off on a "Brexit Thread" earlier this week, I am sticking to "nice threads" for a while ?

harrigran Wed 11-Sep-19 13:51:15

You are not alone.

crazyH Wed 11-Sep-19 13:54:11

I don't shop in Waitrose, I don't wear silk scarves, I don't own a dog , I like having a monarchy. No one has shot me down yet ?
And, I love GN.

Coolgran65 Wed 11-Sep-19 14:00:03

I voted Remain.

Gave over 70 scarves to the Charity shop and still have two drawers full. Each one rolled up like a sock and held firm with a rubber band. This inclused lightweight scarves right through to Pashminas. Each and every one has a purpose.

Grew up with dogs and every week used a roll of sellotape trying to be 'dog hair free' when I'd go out. It really put me off. Love cats and until recently always had a cat.

luluaugust Wed 11-Sep-19 14:03:20

Do stay Chaffinch I am with you except the animal thing.

sunseeker Wed 11-Sep-19 14:05:01

chaffinch consider me another who has committed those sins. Having said that, I have found most GNs to be friendly and helpful. Yes people get quite heated when discussing something they are passionate about but that can happen in RL too

Fiachna50 Wed 11-Sep-19 14:08:00

Chaffinch, I am very much in sync with your ideas. I just avoid the more 'vigorous ' discussions. Everyone has something to contribute, please stay.

KatyK Wed 11-Sep-19 14:09:40

Another non dog lover here.

Gaunt47 Wed 11-Sep-19 14:13:23

Chaffinch, with you all the way, so there are a few of us here! Although I do like dogs, it's dog owners I have a problem with (ducks hastily).

Grammaretto Wed 11-Sep-19 14:18:07

I like the Queen but not many of the others.
I voted remain and would again though I wanted a reformed EU.
What was the animal thing?
I like animals but no longer have any desire to own a pet. We had dogs and cats and even hens when our family were young.
Can I stay here please?

eazybee Wed 11-Sep-19 14:21:36

Do you have grandchildren?
Talk about them incessantly?
Post photographs of them?

Gaunt47 Wed 11-Sep-19 14:22:04

Can I add point d. please? I don't worry pointlessly about things I have no control over.

Sara65 Wed 11-Sep-19 14:34:11

Two out of three Chaffinch

I voted remain, but I certainly wouldn’t fall out with you about it

I like most of the Royal Family, Charles and Camilla are my favourites

and I really don’t like dogs at all!

But I do shop in Waitrose, will this prevent us from being friends?