Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Fri 20-Sep-19 06:11:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight start but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day, just finish my essential packing later ready for tomorrows depart.
The intinary for the cycling at Harrogate looks packed .
More tomorrow before I go.
Mick

Lins1066 Fri 20-Sep-19 06:40:57

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.
The sun is just coming up here on the S Welsh coast.
Friends who are having a new kitchen installed and therefore have no cooking facilities, have been able to have a BBQ every day this week.
I love this time of year and was able to spend a little time on the patio yesterday.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Fri 20-Sep-19 06:41:42

Morning Mick and All.

Lovely sunrise here in South Bucks. Another warm Autumnal day ahead.

Looking fwd to hearing about your Harrogate weekend Mick.

Out to coffee with my 95 year old friend. Better dress up smartly as she always looks great.

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY NannyJan can we all come round for coffee, cake and Prosecco ? ?????????

NanKate Fri 20-Sep-19 06:42:43

Morning Lins are you new here ?

Ohmother Fri 20-Sep-19 06:46:22

Morning all. First time of posting here. I’ve been up since 5am excited that our bathroom will be finished/usable today. I’m fed up of going on the camping toilet and the upstairs looks like an explosion in a department store. ??. It’s going to be another lovely sunny day here in Dorset. ??

Beechnut Fri 20-Sep-19 06:46:47

Good Morning all.
Dry and looking bright on Severnside this morning.

Throws and cushion covers are washed and ready for cooler times.
Running an errand for my friend this morning and seeing DD later.
I have a crochet job to do for my brother which will take me out of my comfort zone as I am just a ‘squares’ crochet person. Thank goodness for the instructions on you tube ?

Have a lovely day whatever you do and take care if you’ve been poorly.
And remember everyone it’s gillybob day ?

Susan56 Fri 20-Sep-19 06:47:05

Good morning Mick and all to follow.We are up at the crack of dawn courtesy of DGD.Another sunny day forecast in Shropshire today.
My husband has physio this morning then we have to take DGD to pre school at lunchtime as DD seeing midwife again today.We will then collect DD2’s birthday cake ready for her 30th party tomorrow.Mum,my brother and sister in law arriving later,rest of family arriving tomorrow.
Have a good day everyone.

Nannytopsy Fri 20-Sep-19 06:49:34

Good morning all from sunny Suffolk! Still unpacking here - this will go on for weeks. ?
Trying a new hairdresser today - fingers crossed x

Lins1066 Fri 20-Sep-19 06:53:16

No NanKate, I post most days.

ninathenana Fri 20-Sep-19 06:57:11

Good morning everyone.

It's very still here, not a breath of wind and although day light the sun isn't really up yet.
DD has my car for work today as hers is "broken". Mine was "broken" yesterday, it needed a new water pump ?
Food shop done yesterday, so a day of this 'n' that.
Enjoy whatever your doing.

NanKate Fri 20-Sep-19 07:03:06

My apologies Lins. Good to have you on this lovely thread.

Ginny42 Fri 20-Sep-19 07:05:40

Good morning Mick and all from Cheshire where the sky is promising another lovely day. Busy day today, but all pleasurable! Meeting my sister for lunch and then doubling back round to Manchester airport to meet my DD who is coming for the weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend in Harrogate Mick. Lovely place to enjoy the cycling and great weather for it.

Welcome to the thread Lins. Hope everyone has a great weekend and if you're not feeling so great today, hope you're soon feeling better.

NannyJan53 Fri 20-Sep-19 07:18:19

Good Morning from a very bright Black Country.

Was absolutely scorching hot yesterday, could not believe how good it was. Met 11 year old DGD from school after football training in Bridgnorth, so I could show her the journey on the bus, and where to get off where she will be met by Mum or Dad the other end.

Thank you for the birthday wishes NanKate how did you know??? I must have told you sometime in the past smile
I am 66 oooh er! The last year has sped by. Prosecco is being chilled as we speak. You are all always very welcome here NanKate

Over to Mums later as she has a followup Hospital appointment. Then out to lunch! Partner and I will go out for a meal tonight.

Love to anyone feeling poorly or struggling at the moment.

Brunette10 Fri 20-Sep-19 07:19:24

Good Morning everyone from a sunny Fife, although very autumnal looking. My Aunt's funeral was beautiful yesterday if I can say that. She is at peace now. I have a haircut early today but no other plans after that. Will see how I feel. Wishing everyone a pleasant day. Yes It's Friday gillybob smile

12Michael Fri 20-Sep-19 07:25:12

I am not going for a weekend , I will be away until 1st October , I am going up to watch 9 days of cycle racing live as its the World Championships , more tomorrow before I go.
Mick

Bellasnana Fri 20-Sep-19 07:27:32

Good morning everyone from Southampton where it seems I’ve brought the good weather with me from Malta.

Would like to say thank you for all your good wishes on yesterday’s thread. In answer to dear dragonfly, yes Galen and I did meet via Gransnet five years ago. This will be cruise number 6 that we have done together!

Urmstongran, yes it would be good if the ship could have picked me up from Malta, but it isn’t passing anywhere near. Never mind, it’s nice being back in my homeland even if it’s a brief stop, and I loved my afternoon going round the shops yesterday.

Enjoy your trip to Harrogate, Mick. Will you have time to go to Betty’s? My late DH and I used to love it there.

Have a good day all, happy Friday to gillybob, and happy birthday Nannyjan.☀️

dragonfly46 Fri 20-Sep-19 07:28:51

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

DH already at the physio - reminds me of when he played golf - waking up to an empty house.

Happy birthday *Nannyjan.

Sister in law coming for lunch.

Susan56 Fri 20-Sep-19 07:34:54

Happy birthday Nannyjan????

moggie Fri 20-Sep-19 07:34:57

Good morning Mick & all from dry, bright start in Nottingham. Kitchen installation continues, looking good. We’ve had a few BBQ’s too Lins1066 thanks to this good weather. Paint shopping today & decide on flooring too. It’s Friday Gillybob, thinking of you & hope your DH had a better night. Hope all not feeling well, feel better soon. Have a good day everyone.

moggie Fri 20-Sep-19 07:36:26

Happy Birthday Nannyjan ??

Urmstongran Fri 20-Sep-19 07:38:23

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s sunny already! I can see the ridge of the Pennines which is always a good sign.

No plans today. Might pop round to the library this afternoon - it is literally only round the corner which is wonderful.

The smalls are being driven over to Blackpool after school. The illuminations are on and apparently there is a firework display every Friday night in September. Mummy will take pj’s for the children to put on before they set off back home so it’s straight into bed - they are only 7y and 2y and will likely fall asleep on the motorway home!

Happy birthday ? NannyJan! Hope you have a great day.

It’s Friday - gillybob’s cartoon picture always makes me smile!

Welcome to you ohmother it’s always nice to have newbies join this lovely thread of Mick’s.

Hope Friday is kind to us all whether we have any plans or none. x

Brunette10 Fri 20-Sep-19 07:38:44

Happy birthday Nannyjan???

Teal Fri 20-Sep-19 07:38:45

Good morning everyone, I joined in yesterday.
Another beautiful day in the NE, fortunately no work today so a dog walk over the fields this morning , then I’m meeting a friend for a late lunch, followed by the theatre to see Nigel Slaters ‘Toast’. Really looking forward to seeing it. Have a great day everyone, and Happy Birthday to nannyjan.

Auntieflo Fri 20-Sep-19 07:59:55

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others.
I missed yesterday's thread completely, as DH had a follow up hospital appointment . His PSA levels are down to 0.03%, good news. So we had lunch out to celebrate.
Then in the afternoon, we were picking up our new car. Lovely, except I managed to trip on some very uneven asphalt after parking our old car, and entering the showroom. I hurt my wrist, grazed both hands, fell heavily on my poor boob, and banged my head. A large egg shaped bump, appearing rapidly.
Not the way I would wish to make an entrance. Everybody was very kind, but it shook me up.
Instead of driving our new car home, we were chauffered, as my wrist was sore, and DH was a bit shaken up as well.
This morning I have a black eye! Lovely.
My wrist is still sore and my ribs feel sore as well.
I think it is a take it easy day.
Happy Friday Gillybob and to all others, have a good day.

kittylester Fri 20-Sep-19 08:01:07

Morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

I had an awful night so taking it easy to get started. I have to go to the bank today as my card was blocked while I was buying wine in Aldi yesterday! A friend is coming for a meal tonight.

Happy birthday nannyjan and happy Friday gillybob.

Weird to see you in Suffolk, topsy instead of just up the road.