Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Mon 18-Nov-19 06:12:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looking dry here in Brackley at the present moment.
Today, will be paying off remainder of the shows booked for next year ,as operator has got pre xmas closing dates.
The latest version of Lion King is out on DVD today, plus I want to buy a trowel with a telescopic handle so I can maintain around parents graves.
Mick

Beechnut Mon 18-Nov-19 06:38:34

Good Morning Mick and all who follow.

Dark and damp on Severnside.

I’ve been home and indoors all weekend so I think it’s time to go out and do a few errands and have a mooch.

Take care everyone ?

NanKate Mon 18-Nov-19 06:40:53

Morning Mick and All to come.

Dark and cloudy in South Bucks.

Hate getting up in the dark to go out, but Keep Fit beckons at 9.15 so I must stop whinging have a brief whizz round GN and get up.

That trowel sounds useful Mick.

Glad Gillybob had a glimmer of positive news yesterday, long may it continue.

NanKate Mon 18-Nov-19 06:41:47

Morning Beechnut ?

vena11 Mon 18-Nov-19 06:53:16

Good morning all from a still dark and I think still dry Bristol. Up so early for the school run this morning, hate these dark mornings but dear GC brighten it up.
Still a bit early to think about what I am doing the rest of the day, DH still coughing and spluttering away with his cold it is a real stinker and I do feel sorry for him but I do hope he keeps it to himself.
I hope everyone has a pleasant day and everyone with ills are feeling a bit better and as always thinking and hoping that gillybobs DH is improving.

Marydoll Mon 18-Nov-19 06:54:23

Good morning you early risers, I'm not mentioning names, as by the time I finish, there will be a long list! grin

It's -7 here in Glasgow, so glad I don't have to go out to work!! My school was above the town and always two degrees colder than here. Brrrrrrr!

I'm supposed to be going out for lunch with my ex-colleagues/friends today, but I'm going to wait until the last minute, as I'm still feeling rotten.
My increased heart meds are making me really nauseous, Hoping it will eventually settle down. I'm a wet blanket, in fact a bed of wet blankets!!!! I'm rotten company just now.
My GP is reluctant to prescribe anti-nausea pills, but I plan to phone him and try and persuade him to prescribe some..

I can't believe my wee granddaughter is four today, she is a miracle, a wee darling who was born against all the odds ?.

I'm reluctant to say much this morning, after the unpleasant comments on another thread about us yesterday. I was shocked and upset when we were accused of being cliquey.

Thinking of always of all who come on this thread with illness, worries and sorrows. flowers

Hoping of some news from Gilly.

MawB Mon 18-Nov-19 06:55:16

Good morning all - you may wish to keep your distance though ?????
A night of coughing has resulted in me trying to sleep propped up on pillows - not a lot of help. DD 1 is coming down this morning to see Paw’s grave now that the headstone is in and it has been turfed.
I may go back to bed or hunker down by the fire when she has left. I don’t do poorly and I wish you all a pleasanter day.

MawB Mon 18-Nov-19 06:57:37

Happy Birthday to Marydoll’s wee granddaughter ?‍♂️??????xxx

Marydoll Mon 18-Nov-19 07:00:23

Thank you Maw, pamper yourself today!

kittylester Mon 18-Nov-19 07:01:51

Morning all from a flipping perishing North Leicestershire.

Not much on the cards today. I intend to make a vat of chili for tea and the freezer. Then meeting friends at the pub for lunch and a catch up!!

This evening I am going on a 'Willow Wreath' making course. Why? I am the least crafty person on the planet.

Sending love, hugs and best wishes to everyone who needs them, especially gilly and hoping for more progress for her dh.

I love this thread md and we should continue being kind to each other - here at least.

kittylester Mon 18-Nov-19 07:02:48

Look after yourself maw. brew

dragonfly46 Mon 18-Nov-19 07:11:26

Good morning, damp underfoot in Leicestershire. Up early this morning to drop DD at the station for her trip back to the big smoke.

So sorry you are feeling yucky Marydoll I have anti-nausea pills in overload which I don’t seem to need luckily. Yes I too was a little upset about the comments I read. I love this thread and find it all inclusive.

Sorry to hear you had a bad night Maw, hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Got my amazing handyman coming today to paint the new bathroom so had better get moving.

Thinking of you Gilly.

DoraMarr Mon 18-Nov-19 07:19:19

Good morning Micheal, Annie and all, from Birmingham. I am at my partner’s, where it is cold, so I am still under the duvet, waiting for a cup of tea. He lives in a big Edwardian house, and thinks waking up with a cold nose is perfectly acceptable. Maw, take care of yourself today, and Marydoll (love your name!) I’m sorry you’re feeling icky. I enjoy your posts!
I have a day of errands, but will take some time to read the Guardian blog on the last two episodes of Spiral-such a satisfying ending, I thought, although my partner doesn’t agree.
Thoughts and best wishes to gilly.

BlueSapphire Mon 18-Nov-19 07:20:11

Good morning all. Have just peeped out the window and it's very murky here in Northampton, but not raining.
A good day out at the rugby yesterday, we won 25-14, so came home happy! Except that coming home my normal bus changed its route so had to get off at a stop that meant a 15 minute walk, instead of 100 yards. Glad it was still light.
Out for coffee and cake with the neighbours this morning so no doubt we will put the world to rights. May have a walk to the local shops after lunch.
Hoping that there is more good news for Gilly, and take care of yourselves, all those feeling poorly.

NannyJan53 Mon 18-Nov-19 07:21:53

Good Morning from a grey and damp Black Country. Just back from taking DP to train station. It was 3 deg in car, just thankful it isn't -7 Marydoll 1

U3A canal group meeting this morning at 10am, so I will walk into town for that.

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter Marydoll and sorry you are not feeling well. Hoping you feel better soon too Maw

I too was sad about the comments about this thread. Anytime there is a new poster here, they always get a warm welcome.

Thinking of gilly and hoping the glimmer of good news yesterday continues

cornergran Mon 18-Nov-19 07:26:33

Morning Mick, morning All from a dry (hooray) corner of Somerset. Coffee and lunch today with a GN friend after a start on tedious admin. Look after that cold maw, the fire sounds a good option. Hope the doctor can help maryd and a very happy birthday to your granddaughter. Thoughts are with gilly and her husband, hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Pantglas2 Mon 18-Nov-19 07:38:37

Good morning to all on the kindness thread from blue skied Spain! I also can’t believe people think we’re unfriendly here when I know Urmstongran in particular and others usually post a welcome to newcomers.

Hope everyone (including birthday girl Marydoll) has a good day and with better news to come from gillybob later on - fingers crossed x

oldgaijin Mon 18-Nov-19 07:45:27

Good morning from a frosty Aberdeenshire.

The mutt and I are still in bed where it is cosy and he does like a cuddle after he has attended to his feet!

Had a rotten night's sleep as I couldn't get comfy due to shoulder pain....frozen shoulder? Shall try and get a doc's appointment if I can get past the dragons at the surgery desk!

Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 18-Nov-19 07:47:23

Good morning everyone from a very windy Malaga. Just peeped out whilst waiting for the kettle to boil and the palm trees are dancing like crazy! My husband has decided not to go out for his walk - he made me laugh as when I told him it’s very blowy out he said ‘well that puts paid to my half marathon’ and rolled over!

I’m back under the duvet with my cuppa. There was an article in the Euro Weekly News yesterday interviewing people on the street asking what they thought about such a cold November this year - apparently the coldest for 5 years.

Monday = my meet up with ladies + wine afternoon. There will just be 3 of us again as although one resident has returned from seeing family in the U.K., t’other one has gone over there to attend a family wedding.

Sorry you are both feeling poorly Marydoll and Maw keep warm and look after yourselves. A sad occasion for you Maw I expect the tears will flow. A happy birthday to your precious 4y old Marydoll aren’t they just absolute poppets at that age? A time to treasure.

Lovely to welcome Gabriella back yesterday and to have an update from our gillybob hopefully her husband will continue with incremental baby steps back to health.

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Ginny42 Mon 18-Nov-19 07:49:20

Morning Mick and everyone. It's a clear sky and frosty here in Cheshire. Been awake for ages, had an early cuppa and settled to read the news when DD rang and an hour later I'm just catching up with the thread. I didn't see the criticism yesterday and who cares? Marydoll can you tolerate some ginger for the nausea? I'll PM other solutions.

Looking forward to a day shopping in Manchester today with a list of gifts to buy. Thinking of Gilly and hoping her husband shows signs of continued improvement. Anyone coping with illness, hope today is better than yesterday. Enjoy your day everyone. x

Urmstongran Mon 18-Nov-19 07:51:34

Yes Ginny42 ginger biscuits do seem to settle nausea - well remembered.

moggie Mon 18-Nov-19 07:55:27

Good morning Mick & all from dry, grey Castleton. A short walk this morning after breakfast & call at Bakewell on way home. Went to Treak Cliff Cavern y’day learned all about Blue John stone & mining. Very pretty caves worth s visit.
Hope you get something for your nausea Marydoll & your DGD has a lovely birthday.
Thoughts are with Gillybob & her DH.
Hope all not well well or struggling with health or worries have a better day.

Yiayia4 Mon 18-Nov-19 07:56:54

Morning all,looks like it's dry and cold here.
It's been a great weekend but feel so tired and ache everywhere this morning so a quiet day for me.

Get better soon Maw and Marydoll love to Gilly and have a good Monday everyone.

ninathenana Mon 18-Nov-19 07:58:51

Good morning all.
Damp and grey in Kent. H will cook breckie about 9 am. He does love his full English, I will have a small English. I need to phone GP surgery as there was an item left off the repeat prescription request that I e-mailed them. Not for the first time either ggggrrrr. A few other bits of admin to do too.
Thoughts are with gilly, I seem to miss updates regarding her husband.

Brunette10 Mon 18-Nov-19 07:59:44

Good Morning from a frosty but beautiful Fife. Been away last the days as have had our 2 x DGs"s all weekend. What a joy they were, kept us on our toes but a very good weekend. Credit to their parents I would say. Off out this morning to catch up with friend and hand over her birthday pressie, can't believe where this year has gone. Bet I missed loads on GN over the weeknd - sorry! Anyway for those under the weather look after yourself and just keep on going. Marydoll - hope you manage lunch. Keep you chin up everyone it'll soon be Christmas wink