Gransnet forums

Chat

Bashing my head against a brick wall

(55 Posts)
Luckygirl Tue 03-Dec-19 09:16:16

I ordered a garment online a few months ago from a company called JustFashionNow. When the item eventually arrived it was completely the wrong thing and bore no resemblance to what I ordered.

When I got back to them with photos to show they had made a mistake, it turns out from their reply that they are based in China. They are insisting that it is the right thing and that I must pay the return postage to China!

Local Trading Standards do not seem to be able to do anything - indeed they do not even reply to my messages!

Any ideas anyone?

Oh and do not buy from JustFashionNow!!!!!!!!!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:19:50

I think it is a lesson learned tbh.

I purchased something from a company that I later learned was based in China. It is impossible to return it I think.

Shall never repeat that mistake.

Gonegirl Tue 03-Dec-19 09:28:29

Oh Luckygirl. Did you not read the online reviews?

Give it up. It's not worth trying to return anything.

Ignore those adverts in future. So sorry.

Gonegirl Tue 03-Dec-19 09:32:31

"JustFashionNow.com Criticism

There are numerous complaints and red flags surrounding the way JustFashionNow.com does business. In worst case scenarios, many people report not receiving their items or clothing. Others say receiving an order, but a piece of clothing being different from what they originally ordered. Likely, this means the company is potentially promoting clothing it does not have, or that they are inconsistent with their production techniques.
Justfashionnow.com - Online store for clothing, shoes, bags and accessories

When people ask for a refund, either because the clothing is the wrong size, style or never directly arrived, customer service is virtually nonexistent. The company sends automated messages that say someone will respond within a week. More often than not, they never meet.

The fact that the website for JustFashionNow.com contains an intellectual copyright portal for people with concerns or complaints is another bad sign for the website’s credibility. Likely this portal means that the site is stealing images and clothing ideas from significant outlets, artists or photographers"

Hetty58 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:36:10

Just take it to the charity shop (somebody else might love it) and put it down to experience.

Hetty58 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:38:11

www.retailadr.org.uk/rights-youre-let-buying-online/

Luckygirl Tue 03-Dec-19 09:39:18

I have bought from them before with no trouble - perhaps I just struck lucky.

There must be some protection for online shoppers.

Gonegirl Tue 03-Dec-19 09:47:07

I don't think there is legislation that covers a company that far away.

Alygran Tue 03-Dec-19 09:47:44

Lucky if you paid by credit card you should contact your bank or whoever issued it. They may be able to refund you.

glammanana Tue 03-Dec-19 09:55:17

I'm with Alygran here and request a chargeback from your card company best of luck.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:58:24

Is there something about £100 limit?

MerylStreep Tue 03-Dec-19 09:59:05

Luckygirl
It's just bad luck. Between us me and my daughter have recieved beautiful clothing but I was tucked up with my last order so won't bother again.

josiew58 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:04:48

I have come unstuck a couple of times but I always pay with PayPal, they will take over the issue and more often than not a full refund is given, I recently bought a wooden that was completely unsuitable, broken and basically rubbish, they offered me either a return at my expense to China or a 10% refund, I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore so accepted the offer. I'd like to say lesson learned but, it's the wrong time of year to be fighting so, my New Year Resolution will be.............................x

grannyscott Tue 03-Dec-19 10:05:27

Happened to a friend of mine. The dress she ordered was far too small & she’s a size 10. Got absolutely no where. I use eBay quite a lot but now never order from China.

Humbertbear Tue 03-Dec-19 10:06:10

Martin Lewis raised this issue on tv yesterday. I had a problem with a handbag from China and PayPal negotiated a settlement so I got half my money back and kept the bag. I only buy clothes from one of these companies as I know they will be the correct size. You pay your money and you take a chance.... we are too often sucked in my the offer of something at a low price, myself included.

HannahLoisLuke Tue 03-Dec-19 10:18:37

I recently ordered two cardigans from a company called Sofiafashion. One was a cropped wool cardigan in red, the other a gorgeous multi coloured crocheted jacket.
After three weeks the red cardigan arrived but it wasn't knitted, or wool. It was a nasty cheap thin fleece material.
I emailed them to complain and they did say I could return it fir a refund or keep it and they would give a 15% reduction.
As they are based in Hong Kong I decided to accept the discount and write it off to experience.
Several more weeks passed and still no lovely jacket. I emailed them a couple of times and, to be fair they did reply very quickly. The gist of it was that they didn't know when they'd be able to dispatch the item and if I wanted a full refund they'd be happy to oblige.
I decided to cut my losses and go for a refund. This soon appeared on my card statement but minus the postage charges! I could chase that but to be honest I'd had enough by then.
Since then their advert has disappeared from FB.
I now don't believe the items advertised were their products at all, but copied from somewhere and they hoped they could provide acceptable copies.

Riggie Tue 03-Dec-19 10:26:55

There are loads of these companies - they steal a photo from a genuine website and then send a cheap rip off. Avoid!!!

Quizzer Tue 03-Dec-19 10:27:25

Google the name of the company you intend to buy from with the word review. This will bring up all the bad or good reviews online. If they are bad forget the order.

Franklin Tue 03-Dec-19 10:27:56

There are several of these sites - they usually pop up on Facebook offering very attractive fashion items at very good prices. Most are based in China if you look into them, and it seems to be pretty well known that they are basically scam sites i.e. the products are not as pictured, the sizes are not realistic and the quality questionable to say the least. Best avoided. If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. Chalk it up to experience and avoid in future.

jaylucy Tue 03-Dec-19 10:31:39

I have ordered things from China in the past - sometimes knowing I have and other times in complete ignorance, until I realise I have been waiting for several weeks for the item, rather than days!
Some items have been ok but some not. As current legislation covering consumer rights only cover items purchased from companies in the UK or EU, I have usually managed to get a refund from Paypal, the rest I just have had to put down to experience.
A friend of mine learnt the hard way too - she made the mistake of ordering a prom dress for her daughter from (she later learnt) was in China - the dress was so small it would have fitted her daughter's Barbie!
My ex husband lives and works in China for a textile company. His biggest moan about his job is that the Chinese place quality control very low in the order of things - it's all about speed - something I think that UK companies such as M&S and Clarks have found to their cost after their manufacturing was shifted to China to save money, and the quality dropped floorwards!
I also no longer shop from companies such as Amazon unless it states that the order will be fulfilled by them.

moggie57 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:37:00

i done the same thing on ebay.i bought what i thought was a uk item .like you return address was in china.so i emailed the company ,where they said oh we give you refund of £6 (item was cat carrier £17.99)no says me its broken with the zip. so in the end i accepted £10 refund and a useless cat carrier. i lost out there as they should have given me a full refund.so beware of what you buy. email the company you got the clothes from...keep emailing them till they sick of you.ask for a refund. dont send anything back .postage is so so expensive. ask for refund or you will make their company known as bad company on social media.next time dont buy from china.

Funnygran Tue 03-Dec-19 10:42:59

I ordered a child’s swing having looked at it a few times on a toy company website. After I had ordered I realised I’d used a different site with one letter different to the name of the original one. The confirmation e mail came from China and was very badly worded. About a month later I was sent what was supposed to be a Gucci scarf with an invoice for £300! When I e mailed them they asked me to post it back to China and they would send the swing. I didn’t and wrote off the swing as a bad loss. I also cancelled the card since I wasn’t happy about them having my details. I do use internet shopping quite a lot and this is the first bad experience I have had.

CrazyGrandma2 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:43:37

Only advice I can offer is to pay using Paypal. I inadvertently bought something from China. Company wasn't interested but Paypal refunded my money under their guarantee system. I always now check where companies are based - due delivery date is usually a good indicator.

Hetty58 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:50:57

I heard a story about somebody who ordered a quilt from China. Her house was invaded by poultry mites and the whole family had to move out and throw everything away!

Sourcerer48 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:53:00

I've had similar experiences. Never buy clothes from China if you are a 'larger lady'! Their sizing is up to pot!!
Many Amazon items also come from China but they do list the fact, however, be aware that you cannot pay via PayPal for anything ordered from Amazon.