Gransnet forums

Chat

Love Gransnet

(24 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Thu 05-Dec-19 22:47:45

Just a post to say how much I really love Gransnet, it’s the first time I’ve ever joined a forum. Really look forward to seeing the emails arrive in my inbox every day, have lots of laughs along the way. And enjoy taking part in the more serious discussions too, it’s like one big extended family so to speak, Thankyou all for posting, it’s great to hear different takes on all the discussions daily

Tangerine Thu 05-Dec-19 22:53:47

Have you tried the Games? I enjoy them although I think some people are not keen at all.

TrendyNannie6 Thu 05-Dec-19 22:57:53

No I haven’t, I will have to look out for those

timetogo2016 Sat 07-Dec-19 10:25:21

I`m totally with you TrendyNannie6.
I only recently joined and love it.

henetha Sat 07-Dec-19 10:27:14

I've been on here for several years now (not sure how many),
and it's been wonderful. Thank you GN.

BBbevan Sat 07-Dec-19 11:11:48

Agree whole heartedly. A lovely forum with great people

NannyJan53 Sat 07-Dec-19 11:30:42

I have been on about 2 years now. I find my self logging on most mornings to join in the Good Morning thread. Lots of lovely people there, and I have received a few friendly pm's from some of the regulars. It almost feels like I know some of you.

EllanVannin Sat 07-Dec-19 11:37:18

It's a great forum and I'd be lost without it really. It's so heartwarming to think that there are so many who genuinely care x

I have to thank those for their kind words when going through a bad patch it really does give me that oomph to kickstart my day and to help halve my problems, I thank you all so much x

Charleygirl5 Sat 07-Dec-19 11:47:41

I have been with GN for over 7 years now. The problem is it is a tad addictive and theredore not a lot gets done around the house!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 07-Dec-19 11:48:23

Welcome Trendy, it's especially good for those of us who spend quite a lot of time alone. I have siblings but don't see them every day and we all need some sort of interaction with others. Most of us are nice!

ninathenana Sat 07-Dec-19 14:02:40

? Charleygirl

Grannycool52 Sat 07-Dec-19 14:11:28

Yes, I agree with you all. I enjoy reading all the varied opinions and the supportive posts. The nice posters far outweigh the 'difficult' ones!

NanKate Sat 07-Dec-19 14:40:46

I have made some lovely friends from GN. My only suggestion is to steer clear of the political threads as people get very heated and challenging.

I agree with NannyJ’s sentiments. I’ve met at least 5 Gransnetters. One of them lives in the same village as relatives of ours and when we visit them I sneak out to meet her for coffee and cake ?

Charleygirl5 Sat 07-Dec-19 15:07:31

I now go to two separate meetups, one locally and the other in central London and I have met some very nice people.

sharon103 Sat 07-Dec-19 15:19:03

Charleygirl5 Sat 07-Dec-19 11:47:41
Same here grin I'm supposed to be wrapping Christmas presents up this afternoon. I suppose I'd better get off now.
Welcome TrendyNannie6

Charleygirl5 Sat 07-Dec-19 16:37:07

sharon you do not have to add the date after a name. Are you like me, finding something to do, absolutely anything, other than write cards.

Nanabanana1 Sat 07-Dec-19 16:39:04

Hi Trendynannie, I agree, I have made good friends though the meet-ups and read Gransnet everyday.

Gonegirl Sat 07-Dec-19 16:40:00

I like it sometimes. Sometimes I find it depressing.

If you are on here too much it can close in on you. You need to keep in touch with the real world.

Urmstongran Sat 07-Dec-19 16:58:08

I know what you mean Gonegirl
It gets to be addictive and if we are not mindful, virtual friends (although lovely) can begin to become a priority over real life - I often pop on here (and stay on!) then realise I’ve not replied to emails from friends.
?

Megs36 Sat 07-Dec-19 18:27:28

Hope you enjoy posting Trendy, asGone girl says some posts can be very depressing at times,also I find very cliquey occasionally, so make your own mind up.

BlueSky Sat 07-Dec-19 21:47:42

I'm usually on the Health section, and I find most of your replies helpful, reassuring and supporting which is what people want to hear when facing health issues. Thank you thanks

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-Dec-19 17:08:57

Thanks all for these positive posts. Can't tell you how much it means to us as a team to read them and know the site makes a welcome difference! tchblush cupcake

Poppyred Tue 10-Dec-19 17:22:32

Yes it’s very friendly as long as you steer clear of the political forums, some quite unpleasant people on there!

BradfordLass72 Wed 11-Dec-19 06:31:28

Welcome to the madhouse Forum TrendyNannie6.

It's an interesting place and with some strong personalities; steel and flint sometimes grin but always stimulating.

I just wish someone lived within easy reach of my place for a meet-up but I live at the end of the world in the future, so no hopes. sad