Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Thu 12-Dec-19 06:19:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry today here in Brackley , slight change of routine for me today.
A little later I will walk to the polling station about a 2 minute walk away do the X business.
Then instead of going out, we have are xmas lunch where I live today , then a quiet afternoon.
Mick

kittylester Thu 12-Dec-19 06:28:49

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is quite cold but sounds dry in North Leicestershire. Dh has an early blood test and then we will go to the polling station where I am also tasked with doing a proxy vote for a friend.

Later we are meeting friends in Leamington Spa for a Christnas lunch and then home to watch the results come in.

Exciting day ahead.

ninathenana Thu 12-Dec-19 06:29:44

Morning Mick and all who follow.
Up stupidly early as need to leave at 8am to get the rush hour for 10am eye clinic appointment. A journey that takes 40mins off peak. I will mark my X on the way home.

Enjoy your meal Mick
Thoughts are with those who are poorly or troubled.

Scentia Thu 12-Dec-19 06:30:05

Good Morning to all.
A slightly diverted walk to work for my dog and I this morning so we can vote.
We are so busy at work this week, I am shattered and can’t wait until my alternative ‘Christmas Day’ on Saturday. My whole family together, the only time this happens in the year!
I am getting my camera and tripod out for a photo opportunity, that should cheer them all up as i do like it to look right and someone, usually the dog, spoils it!!!!
Hope you all enjoy your day today and do the right thing when you get to that polling station.

ninathenana Thu 12-Dec-19 06:30:19

Morning kitty

QuaintIrene Thu 12-Dec-19 06:44:49

Good morning everyone.
I am still walking neighbours dog so getting geared up to get my coat on. It’s too cold for walking an old dog who just wants a toilet trip and back to his basket.
I might bring him back to mine for 10 minutes..
Next doors are moving. Lovely furniture just chucked in the garden to get wet.
Going to write and send my cards. All 5 of them. Now that does make me feel a bit lonely.
Neighbour gave me a bottle of his wine yesterday. Going to crack it tonight for the results. And get snacks.
That’s it really.
Have a good day folks and stay safe.

love0c Thu 12-Dec-19 06:45:21

Morning everyone, driving down to Bournemouth for a few nights. Been up most of the night as had a really upsetting telephone conversation with our son last night. Thoughts to everyone who is feeling low today for whatever reason.

Urmstongran Thu 12-Dec-19 06:55:25

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s SO windy - it woke me during the night. We are off to the airport at lunchtime hope we don’t have too much turbulence.

Once home, drop my bag, have a cuppa and go to vote.

Then the best part of my day - over to see our two excited grandchildren. We always take them some chocolate from duty free and a small present each. Kisses and cuddles all round - you can’t do that on FaceTime! I’ve really missed them. They are, like all children fizzing with excitement over Christmas - their tree is up apparently. I have much to catch up with!

Just weighed myself and since I’ve been out here I’ve lost 3lbs. How on earth did THAT happen!

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Sar53 Thu 12-Dec-19 06:58:16

Good morning everyone from a still dark Essex by the sea. I am not sleeping well at the moment and awake very early every day.
DH has a Christmas lunch to go to so we are going to the supermarket first thing, stopping to vote first, to get a couple of gammons and some bottles of drink for Christmas. Later I will drop him off to meet his lunching friends.
I will spend the afternoon wrapping more presents. We have 10 grandchildren plus their parents so there are a lot of presents under our small tree !!!
This evening I am going to church to hear my SGD sing in the choir. A busy day ahead.
I wish everyone a pleasant day.

Beechnut Thu 12-Dec-19 07:06:55

Good Morning everyone from a dark and wet Severnside.

Apart from voting I’m not sure what I will do today. My DD slept over last night as we went to a craft evening. We are pleased with our efforts.

Enjoy your meal Mick and have a safe journey home Urmston and good wishes to you all whatever the day brings ?

PS. Have you been to see the sea otters at Moro Bay Bestgranny ?

BlueSapphire Thu 12-Dec-19 07:12:48

Good morning everyone from a very frosty Northampton. It looks very cold, but heavy rain is forecast for this afternoon, just at the time when I need to collect younger DGD from school!

Managed to get all my cards done yesterday morning, and made mince pies in the afternoon for DS to take into work.

Sainsbury delivery this morning, then I shall go to vote. Ballet class after lunch, then the school run.

Hoping the day goes well for all.

Brunette10 Thu 12-Dec-19 07:12:48

Good Morning from a wet Fife once again. Have our DGSs today as daughter is off to London for business meeting so will be kept on our toes the whole day. Mick enjoy your meal, Urmstongran safe journey home hope it's to too windy for you. Everyone keep safe and busy, have a good day.

NanKate Thu 12-Dec-19 07:13:03

Morning Mick and All.

Enjoy your Christmas lunch Mick.

Sorry you had such a bad night after the conversation with your DS I know just what that is like LoveOc.

Feel worried about the Election today.

Hope Gillybob’s DH gets the treatment he needs now he is on the Ward. What an awful time they have had. ?

grannydee123 Thu 12-Dec-19 07:18:59

Good morning mick and everyone from dark and cold northern ireland.
Hip hop hooray I'm on leave from work for eight dayssmilesmile . Christmas shopping, walking my sons dog round our local forest and doing my bit by voting is my agenda for today.
My thoughts are with all who are feeling low for whatever reason.

Summerfly Thu 12-Dec-19 07:21:51

Good morning from Cumbria. I’m new to this thread and hope I’m not intruding. Love reading all your posts and find them very warm and friendly. Busy day for me today. Doctor’s first thing and a supermarket shop. Still a few cards to write and post and Christmas cake needs icing.
Hope you all have a good day.

Lins1066 Thu 12-Dec-19 07:24:54

Good Morning from South Wales where is is a very wet start to Election Day.
I have a hospital appointment this morning.
It must be all the walking you've done Urmston
? for love0c and anyone else feeling low for whatever reason.
Will watch the results tonight. Have a good day all.

Lins1066 Thu 12-Dec-19 07:26:01

Good morning and welcome * Summerfly*

Summerfly Thu 12-Dec-19 07:29:17

Thank you.

Marydoll Thu 12-Dec-19 07:31:39

Good morning all, a bit cooler here in Glasgow, 4C
A boring day in store for me today, it will probably do me some good to chill.

A visit to Lidl and a trip to the polling station and then pick up DGD. The nativity scened has a ring of steel around it, in preparation for her visit.
Unfortunately I have glued the holy goat's legs on the wrong way and the holy donkey has gone to the donkey sanctuary, as I couldn't find his missing leg! sad

Well, I had a partly successful foray into town yesterday, (Check out the Christmas bargain thread) only after I dumped DH in JL with a coffee and the paper. He is full of pneumonia the cold and was a miserable old so and so.
It started in the station car park. There was only one disabled space and the car park was full. As I tried to reverse into the tight space, someone drove up behind me, wanting to get past. All I could see was the driver’s furious face, DH waving his arms wildly like a windmill, the hailstones bouncing down on DH and my parking sensors were going crazy because DH was standing right behind my car, issuing useless instructions. The more he waved his arms, the more I messed it up.
When I went into the station, the stationmaster was laughing at my antics, he took one look at my face and stopped dead, realising that I was not in the best of moods with DH! grin
If there is one thing I’m proficient at (and there aren’t many), it’s reversing into a very tight space.(But not with an audience) I couldn’t see a thing out of my back window for the flailing arms!
What rankles is, that DH's car is too big for the spaces, that's why I was driving.
To make matters worse, the zip on his new Canada Goose jacket that he got, remember the bargain at £78, instead of £900 from TKMaxx, had jammed and he was getting soaked to the skin. Oh, dearie me, he was not a happy bunny!

As I had abandoned DH in JL , I seized the opportunity , to try on a sweater, wrong move. I was alone in the fitting room, trying to take it off, when it got caught on my hoop earring. ( I never wear hoops, but I thought I looked quite trendy in these). The sweater was stuck, all I could see in the mirror, were some large boobs, a wobbly stomach, my arm in the air, and half my head.
The dilemma? Rip the earring from my ear, rip a hole in the sweater or go onto the shop floor and traumatise the customers? Where was DH when you needed him?? Oh, he was sitting relaxing in JL with his coffee and the Soduko.
In the middle of all this, I realised it was Wednesday and I had arranged an uplift from the British Heart Foundation. Where were the charity bags? They were in our locked garage and I was miles away. ?
Someone was telling me I did NOT need another sweater.

Safe journey home Urmstongran, all that walking to the bar will have caused the weight loss! wink
Mick, I hope you have an enjoyable lunch.
Hugs for all who need them, and hoping for an improvement for Mr Gillybob and that Gilly gets some pain relief for her tooth.

DISCLAIMER: The driving image is a joke, before I get accused of becoming misandric. It's quite the opposite. wink

Marydoll Thu 12-Dec-19 07:36:12

Summerfly, a warm welcome from me too!

vena11 Thu 12-Dec-19 07:38:24

Good morning still dark here at my daughters in Albrighton , someone got us up at 6 it's going to be a long day. Hope everyone has a good day

Alygran Thu 12-Dec-19 07:40:02

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it is dry and cold. It’s just beginning to get light.
Off to make the coffee at a parent’s group this morning. Home to vote (I have 2 proxies to do too) then getting on with some knitting.
Welcome to Summerfly. Good wishes to all with health and family challenges.
Hope everyone has a good day.

NannyJan53 Thu 12-Dec-19 07:41:34

Good Morning from a damp dark Black Country.

Dropped Partner at the station at 7am then went to the Polling Station.

SIL is still in Hospital, he could be there for at least a week, as they try to work out what is wrong. He was very poorly last night after a procedure. I am going to visit him today, poor DD has not been in work this week.

flowers for love0c hope whatever it is can be resolved.

Welcome Summerfly you are not intruding at all. The more the merrier to this lovely thread.

Marydoll you always seem to have an eventful time when you go out. smile

Hope you have a good journey home Urmston

Hoping Mr gilly is feeling stronger every day now he is on a ward, and gets the treatment he deserves.

Greyduster Thu 12-Dec-19 07:47:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Frosty and dark in South Yorkshire. We have a walk down to the polling station early and then I have a pile of ironing to tackle. We are going away next week and at the moment clothes have been way down my list of things to worry about! Enjoy your early Christmas lunch, Mick; sounds good!
love0c?. Thinking of Gilly and hoping no news is good news.

Susan56 Thu 12-Dec-19 07:52:21

Good morning from Shropshire.
Feeling a bit fragile today as my mum really played up yesterday.Even DH felt shattered by her behaviour and he is usually the very laid back voice of calm.
Off to vote this morning then pick DGD up from pre school at lunchtime for her usual Thursday sleepover.She usually goes to school in the afternoon but it has changed for today only.When we get home we are going to make Christmas biscuits and Christmas cards.She always likes to plan the next weeks activities when she is here and never forgets what we have planned.
Lins,hope your hospital appointment goes well???
Welcome Summerfly??
Dragonfly hope you are doing ok and gilly, I hope things are going better on the ward for your husband, also that your tooth/mouth is feeling better.