Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-Jan-20 06:13:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its cold outside think we may had a minus zero drop last night.
But nice to see the ground frost yesterday, and iced up bus shelter windows.
Yesterdays day out was good , the stall holder I see at the flea market in Buckingham, had promised me she would look for the items I want soon.
An enjoyable and social day on the local bus route into Buckingham ,where I have got to meet passengers over the last 3 years , and enjoy conversation.
Need to get weight down again with diabetes.
Mick

Feelingmyage55 Sun 19-Jan-20 07:09:41

Good morning all. Very frosty so back to bed with tea, then church and lunch with friends. Also reading a good book. Enjoy the simple pleasures today.

cornergran Sun 19-Jan-20 07:11:16

Morning Mick, morning All. Cold, dark and frosty in our corner of Somerset. Aggravating sore throat and face pain has kept me awake, I know people are dealing with much worse but enough now. Pleased yesterday went well mick, good luck with some weight loss, you’ve succeeded before . Hope to potter outside today, a little tidying and replace some spring plants that have rotted in the tubs. Thinking of those in physical or emotional pain. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

dragonfly46 Sun 19-Jan-20 07:16:29

Good morning, still dark here in my corner of Leicestershire but feels cold.

Sorry to hear you are still suffering corner these bugs do seem to be hanging around a long time.

Easy day today, roast beef for dinner.

Hope all who are suffering a better day.

NanKate Sun 19-Jan-20 07:17:49

Morning Mick, Feeling and All.

Glad your day out went well Mick. I think you are sensible to try and reduce your weight because of diabetes. My late dad did the same thing and felt so much better with his slimmed down figure. You could always join us on the thread ‘I am a pear the sequel’ where we are all using our own methods of weight loss and supporting each other.

Not sure what we are doing today as DH now has the lurgy.

Susan56 Sun 19-Jan-20 07:20:27

Good morning from West Wales.We ended up staying another night as by the time we had finished seeing everyone we felt too tired to drive home so will instead have a leisurely drive home today.
Good luck with managing your diabetes Mick.I am diabetic too and manage it successfully most of the time but occasionally have a blip.It can take me a while to get back on track so wish you well,it can be a tricky condition to manage at times??
Corner,hope you start to feel better soon.You really have suffered these last couple of months,it’s very wearing?
Sending good wishes to all with health and family worries.
Hope you are ok dragonfly and feeling better Mary.Also hope Ellan that you are continuing to improve.
Hope you have had a better night gilly?

12Michael Sun 19-Jan-20 07:33:25

As to Diabetes ,last Monday when I saw the nurse in the surgery .
She pointed out a few things with weight this time of the year, especially with festive season .
But in 5 months or so I will have my birthdate blood test, and whilst I was with her she reviewed my medication as I am type 2, saying there is combi tablet I can have has part of my prescription as I am on the highest dosage tablet wise with Metformin
Mick

Beechnut Sun 19-Jan-20 07:35:59

Good Morning everyone.
A frosty start with sun to follow on Severnside.

I spent some time in the garden yesterday. Why is it if you trim a shrub the cuttings pile always look bigger than the original shrub ? I will probably carry on having a mooch outside today for a while.

I hope you all have the best day you can especially those of you with ills and safe travels?

Ginny42 Sun 19-Jan-20 07:38:55

Good morning Mick and everyone. There's freezing fog in my little area in Cheshire, but not sure whether it's just in this pocket of woodland or generally in the wider area. I hope not as I'm hoping to drive to Manchester to meet my sister at a Makers Market. I've not been before, but she tells me there are crafts, like handmade jewellery, and local food produce. Then back to hers for dinner. I'm taking a fruit crumble for dessert. All dependent on the weather, as the M56 in fog is to be avoided.

Sorry to hear your DH now has the lurgy NanKate. What a great word that is to describe how it feels! Special wishes to oldgaijin, dragonfly,the Gillybobs who are coping with particularly challenging health problems. flowers

DoraMarr Sun 19-Jan-20 07:38:58

Good morning from Birmingham, where the eastern horizon is a beautiful gold and red, with clear blue sky above. I’m going to St Philip’s cathedral this morning for the choral service, then an early lunch in one of the restaurants in the cathedral square.
I hope everyone suffering has a better day, and I keep some of you in my thoughts.

Nannytopsy Sun 19-Jan-20 07:40:27

Good morning Mick and his followers. It is getting light here in Suffolk - another lovely day, with a heavy frost. DS and DGC are coming over for breakfast, so I had better make a start - blueberry pancakes this morning.
Hope everyone in pain has a little relief today.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 19-Jan-20 07:48:31

Good morning from east London, frost overnight, sky looks lovely and clear. Off to Southend again for more house cleaning/clearing;I think it’s a long time since late BiL did anything other than wash his dishes. We’ve found the ashes of his parents and four assorted pets in various places around the house so need to deal with them. Back to London in good time as collecting GD to take her back home; after a few days of not being sure about her little sister, she’s now very keen to help. Bet that doesn’t apply to her homework. Have a good day.

Greyduster Sun 19-Jan-20 07:51:27

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Frosty and clear in South Yorkshire. The hearing clicked on at thirteen degrees. We are watching GS play football this morning, so I hope the pitch has thawed out by ten o’clock or it will be like a skating rink (makes a change from last week’s swimming pool!). I have cake to ice later that I made from a recipe my late sister gave me. It always gives me a sad little jolt to see her handwriting but she did make wonderful cakes. Happy Sunday, all!

BlueSapphire Sun 19-Jan-20 07:54:56

Good morning everyone. Here in Northampton we have had a hard frost, which looks so pretty, but I would not like to be out in it. I have one of the cats on my lap at the moment and she is like a nice hot water bottle!
Will probably have a walk to the paper shop later on, pay my bill, then take the long way home. Then spend an afternoon reading the papers and watching more rugby. My team had a fantastic win against Lyon yesterday, especially as we were 17-5 down at half time.
Lamb chops for tea (andwine)!
Wishing everyone a good day.

Marydoll Sun 19-Jan-20 08:00:15

Good morning all from Glasgow, it's 5C, the frost of late last night has disappoeared.
I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant day yesterday, Mick.

I couldn't sleep, made a cup of tea and came across Dr Finlay on the TV. I have just wasted spent the last 45 minutes watching it! grin. I used to love that programme!

A busy day ahead for me. After a very successful (and exhausting) wedding dress fitting and a meeting with the florist yesterday , today we have a wedding cake planning meeting, with DD, myself, DIL and future DIL. It should be very interesting, as DD is quite quirky. Who knows what we will end up with. grin.
It's her day, so I'm keeping stumm, I'm just there to referee the DILs! wink.

Hoping that all those with sorry and pain find some peace today.
Your poor DH Kate, it must have been the stress of all that shopping in Windsor to blame! [wink}.
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Mommawolf Sun 19-Jan-20 08:05:39

Goodmorning all from a cold and very frosty norfolk. A very chilly dog walk today a quiet day planned just church and lunch then afternoon setting up the weaving to begin the baby blankets for the new addition later in the year,I quite like the sound of great grandma. Hope all went well yesterday OLDGAIJIN. Have a good Sunday everyone.

Sark Sun 19-Jan-20 08:21:04

Good Morning from Oxfordshire
Cold and frosty here but it is a beautiful morning.
Will go for a walk around the grounds of Blenheim palace this morning and probably just be at home this afternoon....simple pleasures!
Happy Sunday to all

Resurgam123 Sun 19-Jan-20 08:29:50

Good Morning All
It is foggy outside here in East Cheshire today minus 2 today . Not what I wanted.

Grammaretto Sun 19-Jan-20 08:33:10

Good morning folks from the Scottish borders where the birds are singing so they must think Spring is in the air, surely?
All thoughts of walking for health with U3A are out the window as I fell heavily on my knee yesterday, while carrying my cake and flowers into the café. The cake survived!! but I'm hobbling and there'll be no ceilidh dancing for me either.
Sorry others are stiĺl poorly and hope the sun shines on you today.

Brunette10 Sun 19-Jan-20 08:34:06

Good Morning from a frosty Fife. Feeling better although not 100% yet. Catching up with housework today after unexpected visit from DD and DGS's yesterday. Once finished will get out for a walk albeit a short one as DD feet hurt so can't walk too far. Thinking of all with ailments and hope today is better for you. Take care.

hulahoop Sun 19-Jan-20 08:45:44

Good morning from Yorkshire it's very frosty here but a very bright day promised .grandaughter stayed last night so up early this morning . Out for tea today so brunch around 10 am .

Lins1066 Sun 19-Jan-20 08:48:37

Good Morning Mick and all from a clear,sunny and frosty S Welsh coast.
Had lunch yesterday with DD at a cafe by the sea, the sea was blue and there was no wind, it was lovely. It felt wonderful to be able to get out and do that.
Hope your knee gets better soon Grammaretto.
Have a pleasant Sunday everyone and best wishes to all with worries and ill health.

ninathenana Sun 19-Jan-20 08:50:23

Good morning all.

Sunny and 2c in Kent. No frost here.

We all got to bed about 1.30 am after last nights events (see my post on chat) don't think there will be much happening here today. Apart from me cooking roast chicken for tonight.
Best wishes to those that need them.

kittylester Sun 19-Jan-20 09:00:02

Good morning from a very frosty North Leicestershire.

Early start chez Lester. I'm on pre match brunch duty - match starts at 12 - why?

There was no need for you to support Kettlewell, *kate! I can do that myself. blush Have you seen the sale? grin

Love to everyone who needs some support.

I'm just off to see what happened in nina's life.

Grandmabook Sun 19-Jan-20 09:03:21

Beautiful, crisp white day Monmouthshire.....already been out taking photos ....
Now a hot cuppa to thaw out....