Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Mon 20-Jan-20 06:12:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its fark, signs of rain locally this morning , still feels cold out though.
I think I have got a bit of a cold or whatever, with weather changing so much just lately , mild to colder conditions.
Have the lozenges, so will suck them most of today.
Mick

Scentia Mon 20-Jan-20 06:43:01

Good Morning Michael and all to come.

Take care of yourself Michael with that cold coming on. I can’t seem to shift it, like slot of us on here.

Normal work day today but I will call in at the chemist to get advice today as my throat and ears are really sore, I can’t hear or swallow.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend and is ready for the week ahead.
It was lovely to read Gillybob’s post over the weekend telling us about her DIY skills, she sounded so positive.
Take care every and have the best day possible.

vena11 Mon 20-Jan-20 06:51:09

Good morning from a cold and frosty Bristol.
Early morning school run and later a walk hopefully before the afternoon school pickup.
Such a beautiful day yesterday cold and sunny.
I hope everyone is feeling a bit better today and had a nice restful weekend.

Ginny42 Mon 20-Jan-20 07:09:29

Well! Not such a good morning for you Mick and Scentia. Sorry to read you're now on the sick list too. No consolation to say there's a lot of it about, but there is. Take care of yourselves.

Yesterday the fog didn't clear all day here in Cheshire. I went to bed last night with the area shrouded in dense fog, so was a bit worried this morning but it's all gone! It's as clear as can be out there, at least in this part of Cheshire, which is good as I have to drive to several places today and deal with some issues for my housebound friend. First a cuppa in bed, then a walk in the woods with the neighbours.

It makes me feel such a wimp when I read what gilly has been doing! What a girl! Hope oldgaijin and dragonfly are doing OK and glad to hear of Ellen and people now recovering. I've managed to dodge it so far. Take care everyone.

BlueSapphire Mon 20-Jan-20 07:11:09

Good morning all from a still dark Northampton; I think it's another frosty morning.
Had a nice walk for an hour or so yesterday to the paper shop and a roundabout way back home. Then home to watch more rugby on tv and to find out that my team is through to the quarterfinals of the European Cup.
Yoga this morning followed by a coffee and a chat, then this afternoon try to book the 'experience' day out that the family got me last year. Lunch on a boat on the Thames followed by a trip to the top of the 'Shard'.
Hoping for a good day for all.

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Jan-20 07:24:35

Good morning from Leicestershire.

Feeling like I have been hit by a bus best describes how I am this morning.
They did tell me I might ache but it is like being stabbed in different parts over and over.
Will ring the hospital for advice on pain meds.
Sorry to moan and I know it will pass but having to forgo a walk with friends this afternoon.

I hope everyone else is recovering.

kittylester Mon 20-Jan-20 07:28:01

Morning all from a chilly North Leicestershire. We had frost all day yesterday but it doesnt seem to be frosty today - just cold.

I think I have a uti so I need to try to get an appointment with the gp.

Sending healing thoughts to all who need them and hugs to all who would welcome them.

NannyJan53 Mon 20-Jan-20 07:28:16

Good Morning from a very frosty Black Country. Just back from taking Partner to train station and it was 0deg. It is January though, so to be expected.

U3A Canal group today, it is indoors with a guest speaker.
This afternoon, I may do some baking.

Hope you can keep that cold at bay Mick mine lasted a week ! Wishing everyone a good day. Special thoughts with oldgaigin gilly dragonfly

Grammaretto Mon 20-Jan-20 07:31:47

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. Sorry we are dropping like flies with colds. Mine is better so I'm fit for the GN meet up for lunch. I am still hobbling after a fall so my walking plans are on hold.

I am impressed at wonder woman aka Gillybob's plumbing skills too!

A red sky last night so surely another stunning day today.

Bellasnana Mon 20-Jan-20 07:38:32

Good morning all from Malta where it hasn’t made its mind up yet as to the weather. It’s not raining but is cloudy.

I’ve been trying to book flights to visit a friend in the Isle of Man and have got myself into quite a tizz. It is so complicated trying to find flights that connect at appropriate times and just when you think you’ve got it, you realise that’s without any baggage, so are required to add an extortionate amount for that. I shall only take hand luggage, but even so, every airline has its own rules and regulations which make my head spin.

Sorry to hear you are coming down with a cold, Mick. Hope it doesn’t make you feel too lousy.

Have a good day everyone. I am not sure what I’m doing but that’s nothing new.grin

Marydoll Mon 20-Jan-20 07:45:00

Good morning all, from Glasgow. It’s 7C and still very dark, but no rain, thank goodness.

I’m having a day in today, the nausea has been back for the last two days, change of meds always does that.
Last week was so hectic and exhausting , I need some quiet time to catch up on mundane chores, like cleaning out the fridge, wiping down kitchen units etc.
I do intend to go out for my shortcardiac walk and do my torturous hip exercises ?, otherwise I will be on the naughty step…again! grin
Damned if I do and damned if I don’t. The exercises are agonising, but my hip will deteriorate even further if I don’t do them and I will get a BIG row! It's lack of time which prevents me, not reluctance.

We had another successful day yesterday , planning the decorations for DD’s quirky wedding cake. I have to say, I’m delighted that the DILs came up trumps and didn't fall out! grin We tried on DGD’s dress, (it’s perfect) and organised a sedate hen afternoon into the bargain.
I also discovered that the wedding co-ordinator at the venue is engaged to one of my ex pupils and his mum was an ex colleague! A good omen. grin

I feel so much better, now that we have a fair idea what we are doing. Today I will collate my bits of paper and redo the ever growing spreadsheet.

I'm so sorry to hear you are unwell Dragonfly, you don't need severe pain on top of everything else. oldgaigin, I hope you are still manging to get out with the mutt and Gillybob, I am impressed with your DIY skills.
Doctor's for you Kitty and hoping all the other patients are on the mend!

Beechnut Mon 20-Jan-20 07:49:07

Good Morning to you all. Frosty Severnside.

Spent sometime in the sunshine yesterday. The tree shapes looked beautiful against the blue sky.

I bought some new steak knives on Friday so I’m going out to get some steak later.

Sending get well cards to you poorly people and hope everyone has the best day they can ?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 20-Jan-20 07:56:39

Good morning Mick and all x

No idea what the weather is like in SE Essex as my curtains are still drawn.

I second Marydoll on sending get well cards and wishes to poorly Gransnetters flowers

Resurgam123 Mon 20-Jan-20 07:57:28

Good Morning All. After yestedays total fog here in our part of Cheshire we have clear skies.

Now I have to stop and let my poor tablet get some electricity .
I obviously forgot to charge it last night.
That really annoys me. I will have to click on later.

Lins1066 Mon 20-Jan-20 08:06:59

Good Morning from the S Welsh coast. Thick frost here and icy.
There was a beautiful sunset yesterday evening.
Sorry to hear that you feel so unwell dragonfly and hope they sort out your medication.
I can just visualise you with that spreadsheet Marydoll.
Hope everyone will have a good day.

cornergran Mon 20-Jan-20 08:07:00

Morning Mick , morning All. There’s been a spectacular red sky over our corner of frosty Somerset. Not a lot on the agenda today, lurgy continues to like me, need a trip to the recycling centre then perhaps a short walk on the beach. Well done gilly, wish I was so competent around here. Rest today dragonfly, those side effects sound horrid. Maybe a rest for you too marydoll, nausea isn’t good. Hope you get an appointment kitty and Monday is kind to everyone, healing vibes to all poorly folk.

Greyduster Mon 20-Jan-20 08:15:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A nice, but cold, day in prospect for South Yorkshire. Need to clean out the fridge, and then walk down to the supermarket to get some cake decorations. School run this afternoon.
A hug for all those who are struggling. Have the best day you can.

NanKate Mon 20-Jan-20 08:16:01

Good morning Mick and All.

Well it sounds as if the GN Sick Bay is pretty full at present what we need is some bright sunshine, time to rest and recuperate. Hope your persuasive silks can get you a doctor’s appointment Kitty.

Isn’t Gillybob a marvel ?‍??

The wedding plans seem to be moving ahead a treat Mary.

It’s a catching up day here in South Bucks.

Alygran Mon 20-Jan-20 08:16:37

Good morning from North Yorkshire. We had a beautiful stripey sunrise with a sliver of moon in a blue sky. Hope that is a good omen for today’s weather as I want to get out for a walk and blow the cobwebs away.
It was so cold yesterday I didn’t do any gardening and went to the car wash instead of doing it myself.
Dragonfly sorry to hear the chemo has made you feel unwell. Hopefully the hospital wil recommend something .
Healing thoughts to all of you on the ever growing sick list.
Hope everyone has the best day they can.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 20-Jan-20 08:20:08

Good morning from east London, sky is a mass of fascinating colours, it’s dry and cold. (Having lived in London for nearly 40 years, 2C is cold). Tennis at lunchtime, otherwise an at home day. I’ve been catching up on several episodes of Catastrophe this morning, so feel I really have to start moving now. Had a very involved conversation with GD yesterday just after we’d picked her up which started with her saying “if I was an orphan, I’d have to get the bus home on my own”. It did dilute down to “how old do I have to be to walk to school on my own’, a question she has been asking her mum lately. “Not until you’re at secondary school” seems to be an acceptable answer. Hope you have a good day.

Urmstongran Mon 20-Jan-20 08:22:46

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s a cold one. Not as windy though as yesterday. We didn’t go out for an afternoon walk - we stayed in and kept cosy!

It Monday = ladies wine group this afternoon. 5 of us again today. My last one until March. We fly home on Saturday teatime.

Poor you dragonfly you must be in agony as you never complain. I hope your doctor can help with pain control for you.

Wonderful that the ‘wedding of the year’ plans are coming along so nicely Marydoll and all the nicer that the girlies all got on so well after all.

Resurgam if my iPad runs out of power whilst I’m using it I fire it up and use it whilst it’s charging. Just means I have to sit close to the plug socket ha! (not desperate!)
?

Glad to read about gillybob yesterday. Things do sound better in their household don’t they?

Hope Monday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Pantglas2 Mon 20-Jan-20 08:25:32

Brrrrr and good morning from a just above freezing Spain! Feels so much colder and it’s quite grey but hopefully no rain until after I go home on Wednesday (sorreee Urmstongran!)

I’ll add my Get well Soon card to the sick bay and flowers are on their way along with a bottle of cava to those who can manage a fizzy boost this morning!

Off to pay money in to the bank then to the charity shop with bits @nd pieces - I always have a bit of a clear out when we pop over - trouble is, I keep buying more.....

Mommawolf Mon 20-Jan-20 08:33:18

Goodmorning all from a very dull and damp Norfolk. It was very cold dog walk this morning. The jack Russell's are going home today DGDs partner is improving so she is going home and back to work. Luckily most clients only need maintenance work this time of year. They are landscape gardeners so she can cope with the help of the lad that works for them. Do take care Dragonfly I watched my dear sister go through this it's awful. Healing thoughts to all who are unwell today.

Susan56 Mon 20-Jan-20 08:36:33

Good morning from Shropshire.Looks like it’s going to be a cold but bright day.
We have had a lovely weekend in West Wales.Today is a laundry and catching up day before we head off to Stafford tomorrow to see our younger daughter and family.So looking forward to seeing them.We normally see them every week but due to being unwell it is six weeks since we have seen them.Apparently DGS is chattering away now.
Mick,look after yourself with that cold,maybe stay in for a few days,you don’t want it progressing into the dreaded lurgy.
Dragonfly,sorry you are unwell and hope you feel better as the day goes on.
Sending good wishes to all unwell.
Hope DH had a better night gilly.Am very impressed with your plumbing skills??
Oldgaijin,glad the phone call with your daughter went better than you could have thought and some positives came out of it.Enjoy your walk with the mutt.?

Brunette10 Mon 20-Jan-20 08:37:17

Its cold and very windy here in Fife today. Only have one place to go today and that's the dentist for a filling this afternoon. Think I shall stay indoors until then. Plenty to do. Thinking of all those with ailments and worries and hope everyone has the best day possible.