Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Sun 26-Jan-20 06:08:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry this morning in Brackley.
Usual Sunday prepared a been casserole for lunch.
I brought some so called "Norfolk Punch" yesterday, mainly to help with flue etc which I have had , have not had in under that name for years , for a herbal drink its good .
What was even more surprising, its produced about 10 miles north of Brackley but has that Norfolk Punch branding.
Mick

cornergran Sun 26-Jan-20 06:18:04

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark and damp looking corner of Somerset, feels cold too. Hope thr Norfolk Pumch helps Mick. Food focus here today as friends coming to stay. Not sure they know what they are letting themselves in for with the coughing. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone, special thoughts for poorly people and those with worries.

NanKate Sun 26-Jan-20 06:43:39

Morning Mick Corner and All.

I need a slug of your Norfolk Punch Mick as I am still coughing, but there are worse things to have so I am only complaining a bit.

DH has kindly offered to cook the roast beef today and I am happy to accept.

Hugs and ?to all the really poorly folk.

Beechnut Sun 26-Jan-20 06:44:31

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is wet.

Off to a garden centre and to see family today.

I enjoyed your story yesterday mommawolf it gave me a laugh to start the day.

Let’s hope a good day will be had by all ?

Ginny42 Sun 26-Jan-20 07:02:37

Good morning Mick and everyone. I started reading the news and got waylaid. It's doesn't seem to be as cold here in Cheshire as the forecast led me to believe Sunday would be.

Going to see housebound friend and do her shop today. She's been managing really well with new carers and seems very positive. I'm pleased as she really wants to stay in her home. Fingers crossed.

Glad you're feeling better Mick and all others feeling poorly are on the mend too. Special wishes to oldgaijin, dragonfly, the Gillybobs and Marydoll. Enjoy your day everyone.

QuaintIrene Sun 26-Jan-20 07:08:01

Good morning everyone from West Yorkshire. I have been without my iPad for weeks. I haven’t half missed it here ! My other one couldn’t be repaired so I have a new one. It’s really fast. Types faster than me or seems to. Now to have a catch up on the threads.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Grammaretto Sun 26-Jan-20 07:31:54

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it feels cold enough for snow.
A memorable Burns supper here last night with a wood fire. Everyone pitched in and I made cranachan. The musicians among us entertained us.
DS&DBiL last day so we'll go for a walk perhaps.
Must try that Norfolk Punch Mick for all the coughs. I hope you and any others who are poorly recover quickly.

Urmstongran Sun 26-Jan-20 08:02:47

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry. No thunderstorm here last night - a nice change! The sky is a pale blue wash with a soft pink streak in the east.

It’s lovely to be back. I’m very lucky to enjoy here and Spain equally, for different reasons.

A family meal this afternoon in an Italian restaurant to celebrate the 3rd birthday of the baby of the family. I can’t wait to see them all later. First of all my husband is taking our grandson to his cricket practice (indoors of course!). I don’t know which of them enjoys going the most.

Hope Sunday is kind to everyone whether they have plans or none. And special thoughts to those in the sick bay. X

Mommawolf Sun 26-Jan-20 08:07:04

Goodmorning all from a still dull norfolk. Not as cold as yesterday lovely dog walk this morning. There are catkins on the hedgerows and snowdrops in the woods, spring is out there and waking up. We are having a quiet day with dog cuddles and gardening catalogues planning this year's veg garden. DH has decided he wants some bees again,,we had hives when my father was alive as a child I loved collecting honey, as often happens when the bee master dies the bees died ten days after dad. DH thinks its time for more so this months project is re vamping the hive site in the veg garden. Enjoy your Norfolk punch Mick it's great for a cold. Have a good day everyone

Greyduster Sun 26-Jan-20 08:15:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It has been a wet night in South Yorkshire but shows sign of clearing, but not for long, I fancy. Junior football this morning, but a late kick off so time for another cuppa before we get up! Garden got a good tidy up yesterday. I might start some seeds off soon in the conservatory. This Norfolk Punch sounds interesting. I wonder if you can get it up here? Have a good day folks.

dragonfly46 Sun 26-Jan-20 08:17:40

Good morning from a so far bright but breezy Leicestershire.
Sitting up in bed looking up to the hills across the fields.

What an enviable life you have Mommawolf.

Had a very enjoyable day yesterday spent with special friends. It is so good to realise I can feel normal again for 2 weeks out of three.
Today I need to sort out the house and laundry
Roast lamb for dinner!

Hope those who are still ailing feel better soon.

Alygran Sun 26-Jan-20 08:25:08

Good morning from North Yorkshire. High clouds so far, perhaps it will stay dry again.
I have 3 ‘must dos’ today, the ironing, wash the car and sew up a baby jacket that I finished last week!
Roast chicken later then pub quiz this evening if others are going.
Hope all on the sick list feel better.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Rufus2 Sun 26-Jan-20 08:25:31

here and Spain equally, for different reasons
Urmston being forever curious, I fell to wondering what "reasons" would differentiate M/c and Madrid!?
M/c has Man. City of course, but Madrid has Climate; there probably are a million more! grin
OoRoo

Susan56 Sun 26-Jan-20 08:26:37

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.Raining and not as cold today.
My husband has been planning the veg garden too mommawolf.His first year of retirement and after last years accident which meant he couldn’t do much is keen to get going.First we are starting on the revamp of the whole upstairs?which is going to be a big job.No actual building work but decorating,new carpets and hopefully a lot of clearing out.
Sending good wishes to all unwell and with worries.
Hope DH had an ok night gilly,glad his appointment went well.

kittylester Sun 26-Jan-20 08:27:53

Morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

I think there is rain in the forecast today - probably at just the time we intend to be walking to the restaurant for lunch. This is my, rather late, birthday lunch. And a nice change from sorting out the lounge.

Sar53 Sun 26-Jan-20 08:28:56

Good morning everyone from Cambridge. Our last morning after a very enjoyable two day stay. It is our 1st wedding anniversary on Tuesday and this stay was bought by our 4 daughters when we got married. We had a lovely day yesterday wandering around the colleges, and seeing Kings College Chapel for real was amazing. We are off home later. I hope all those who are poorly or sad have a better day.

ninathenana Sun 26-Jan-20 08:34:05

Morning all.

I think the sun is trying to appear for the first time in days here in Kent.
It's my birthday today and DH will be cooking rump steak later but for now he is down the allotment as is usual for a Sunday.
I shall have a lazy morning with the papers. Enjoy your day.

dragonfly46 Sun 26-Jan-20 08:36:52

Happy Birthday nina

harrigran Sun 26-Jan-20 08:40:20

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Very quiet day yesterday reading newspapers and watching Chernobyl.
We celebrated Chinese new year with duck breasts, noodles and stir fried vegetables, very tasty.
No word from family so maybe another quiet day with the papers.
Thinking of all the poorly people.

hazel93 Sun 26-Jan-20 08:41:27

Here on the S. coast it's grey, sooo grey.
10 for lunch today so just thinking it's time to get moving !
Most prep. already done but think another cup of tea is needed before I attack the spuds .
Wishing everyone well going through a hard time.

Marydoll Sun 26-Jan-20 08:44:02

Good morning all from a very wet Glasgow.

I have just spent the last hour, emailing screen shots to an Ebay seller, who insists I haven't paid for something.
I paid immediately and have proof. I'm annoyed at having to waste so much time on it and the error is definitely with her account! ?

Nothing planned for today, just chilling and reading the papers.
I'm thinking of going back to my jewellery making, I haven't made any for a long time, due to the fact thatI can't hold the tools.
I have some repairs to do, so I may have a go at it today. It is so therapeutic and calming.

The wedding hair trial for DD yesterday, turned out to be a lovely social event. I sat and read magazines, chatted to the hairdressers, who were all in, (I usually don't get to see all of them at once ) and customers. We couldn't stop laughing, it was such a tonic.
I also came home with two large boxes of magazines, (Good Houskeeping, Homes and Gardens etc) destined for recycling. I will pass them on to my neighbour, who will then pass them on to friends. That's what I call being Eco friendly! grin

We were trying to envisage DD's hair with some kind of embellishment in it, so they found a bit of Christmas decoration, small crystals on a wire and wrapped it around her hair. It was beautiful! All the customers clustered around to have a look. It was such a lovely atmosphere.
I went straight home to source something similar, DD doesn't want a tiara or veil, she is a bit of a tomboy.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and painfree day if possible.
Our friends in the sick bay and those experiencing sad times are never far from my thoughts. flowers

Bellasnana Sun 26-Jan-20 08:44:41

Good morning from Malta where it seems like a bright day is in store. We really do need some rain though as this has been one of the driest Januarys on record.

Happy news from my niece in Edinburgh who gave birth to a baby boy yesterday. He looks a lovely little fellow. Wish my sister, his grandmother, could have lived to see him and her other grandchildren . It’s sad they won’t know her but her family is growing so she lives on in them.

I was fascinated to hear about bees dying when their master dies. Poor little things! How lovely though, Mommawolf, to have your own supply of honey.

I did not sleep well so feel like I shall not be very productive today.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone and get well soon to all who are ‘in dock’. sunshine

Marydoll Sun 26-Jan-20 08:45:04

hazel93, I haven't seen you here before, so a very warm welcome and get the lunch prep started! grin

harrigran Sun 26-Jan-20 08:45:26

Happy Birthday nina ???

Marydoll Sun 26-Jan-20 08:46:53

Nina have a lovely day! ?