Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kind, caring and sharing kitchen.

(1000 Posts)
soop Sat 01-Feb-20 15:03:09

Here we are again. Happy as can be...all good pals and jolly good company.

Whatever we need to share...feel free to join in. cupcake wine brew flowers smile sunshine

Susan56 Sat 01-Feb-20 15:07:30

Hi Soop,just logged in and there was the new kitchen!
?? and ???on the side!

kittylester Sat 01-Feb-20 15:17:28

Hope someone left corks to show doodle the way.

chicken, one of our venerable cars was ginger. He was a particularly pale ginger and therefore called sesame. My husband swore blind he didnt like ginger cats but loved our Ses dearly. We have 3 cats now (none of them ginger) so I can imagine how you feel.

Thank you for the good wishes for Darcy. She is out of hospital now and seems well but they kept a bed for her for 3 days incase she needed to come back in.

I cannot grow snow drops, lily of the valley or violets - why?

Dont drink and eat everything, I have to walk to the village. Back soon.

Nannytopsy Sat 01-Feb-20 15:23:38

Hello the new kitchen! My landscaper brought me two big clumps of snowdrops on Thursday which I split and planted. I do hope they thrive!
Chocolate cage and a nice sparkling Saumur on the side. Enjoy!

annodomini Sat 01-Feb-20 15:25:08

chicken, I do hope your lovely cat pulls through. I've always had a soft spot for ginger cats. One great favourite when I was little was Orlando The Marmalade Cat so when I got a ginger kitten he had to be Orlando. My next one was Sandy, who eventually went blind but could find his way around the house, garden and cat flap without any trouble. So fingers firmly crossed for your much loved cat's recovery.

Nannytopsy Sat 01-Feb-20 15:43:21

Our Charlie is a long haired ginger who is deaf, with just a touch of dementia. It has made him very vocal but much more affectionate ?. Hope yours recovers chicken.

Charleygirl5 Sat 01-Feb-20 15:46:38

I stumbled across the new kitchen, having left the old one minutes ago. No doubt we will fly through this one as well. Cake would ideal methinks. Luckily I do not like bubbly in any shape or form so my large share is available.
TOYA

GrannyGravy13 Sat 01-Feb-20 15:52:46

Hello to the new kitchen.

I have two bunches of beautiful Daffodils in full bloom in my kitchen, they do smell slightly odd though?

Having a lazy day, other than doing the washing I seem to be up to date with my jobs.

We used to have an enormous ginger tomcat, our daughter and her friends used to dress him up in dolls clothes and push him around in her dolls pram. He was also known to jump in the bath with her.

TOYA

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 15:55:59

GrannyGravy I love the sound of that enormous ginger cat. what a darling.

Have a new photo of greatgrandson Teddy for the gallery. All those that we had hanging in the previous kitchen, are now on display.

GrannySomerset Sat 01-Feb-20 15:57:52

We had a rescue ginger male who, when we took him in, was starving, had fleas and rickets, and the vet said were we sure we wanted to save him. Because he was always asking for more dinner we called him Oliver. He gave us fourteen years of gentle devotion, had an international fan club, and is still missed over twenty years on.

Do hope your boy pulls through, Chicken.

chicken Sat 01-Feb-20 16:18:57

Thank you all for your kind thoughts for my ginger tom (Baker). I've had a call from the hospital vet who tells me that he has eaten some food, so a slight improvement, but he's still very poorly. He's very anaemic, has very low blood pressure and is severely dehydrated. He's on a drip but can only be hydrated very slowly otherwise the anaemia would become much worse. No other investigations as he wouldn't survive an anaesthetic. She thinks that the tapeworm in dying released toxins. She will ring tomorrow morning unless he deteriorates, so I'm praying that the phone doesn't ring tonight.

Nannytopsy Sat 01-Feb-20 16:32:33

?

soop Sat 01-Feb-20 16:44:37

chickem Thank you for Baker's update. I do know how you are feeling right now. Many of us have been through the very same stressful wait and hope and all the rest.

I am about to see whether or not Scotland can play a decent game against the Irish rugby team. A big ask. Hey ho! One hopes.

Until I return tomorrow...TOYA and wishing you a peaceful Saturday evening. smile moon

callgirl1 Sat 01-Feb-20 18:33:03

I love this new kitchen, each one is just a tad nicer than it`s predecessor, but the views and the company just can`t be improved.
Chicken, all my best wishes for your dear cat`s recovery. We`ve only ever had one ginger cat, a beautiful rescued boy, we named him Pepper. Unfortunately, we didn`t have him very long, he got run over, it took 5 days to find out what had happened to him.
Soop, is the shop at Muasdale similar to what it was before? We`ve been discussing coming up there again, but it`s a matter of who can go and when. I think if we do come again we`ll be staying in Inverary again, that`s the general consensus of opinion anyway. So hopefully we`ll see you this year sometime.
I`m off to London with Dawn and Rena next Saturday until Sunday, we`re going to the Strictly roadshow at the O2 Arena. Then next month me and Dawn (Dawn and I?) are off to the O2 again, to see Michael Ball and Alfie Boe, my Christmas present from Dawn.
Ann, I hope the broken tooth isn`t painful, you`re very brave, I`m terrified of dentists, haven`t seen one since 1986!!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 01-Feb-20 18:55:49

Callgirl I hope you enjoy the Strictly Tour, we went several years ago and had a marvellous evening ??

GrannyGravy13 Sat 01-Feb-20 18:56:25

chicken I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for Baker.

Urmstongran Sat 01-Feb-20 19:21:21

Hello everyone! I’m rubbish at keeping up but now Brexit has been ‘done’ (I know, I know!) I’m going to post less on the political threads and come to this lovely place more often if I may?

Xx

annsixty Sat 01-Feb-20 19:35:07

What a lovely new kitchen.
I could do with the same kitchen planner, if only I could be bothered.
On my own tonight, both my lodgers are out for the night so I have fish and chips from the freezer it wasn't the best to be frank.
My tooth isn't painful at all thank goodness just can't keep my tongue out of the hole!
Good night to you all, TOYA.

Doodle Sat 01-Feb-20 20:04:30

Hello all. Thanks kitty you are right, I find the corks easier to follow than breadcrumbs. I have a nose for them ? ? ? grin
So, a lovely new kitchen. Do you remember soop, many kitchens ago, when you thought that perhaps the kitchen had had its run and wasn’t needed any more? How wrong you were. I think there are more Kitcheners now than ever before all thanks to your wonderful welcome and caring posts ?
A lovely picture of Teddy. So good looking like the rest of the family.?
chicken welcome and I hope your Baker (great name) pulls through ok.
Thanks for the cake and bubbly nannytopsy.
TOYA?

Fennel Sat 01-Feb-20 20:08:02

soop you're a gem smile.
Thanks for your reply yesterday.

annodomini Sat 01-Feb-20 20:42:53

What a sweet photograph of Teddy. Just look at those eyes. He is irresistible. ?

Charleygirl5 Sat 01-Feb-20 20:50:06

Hopefully Baker will improve slowly- poor little mite.

soop Teddy is gorgeous- I love his hair colour.

I am washed and polished, I will watch Casualty and then bed.
TOYA

callgirl1 Sat 01-Feb-20 22:02:37

GG13, this will be our 3rd visit to the Strictly tour, the first 2 occasions we were fairly high up and needed to watch on the screens, but this time we have much better seats, trouble is, a higher price!
Soop, how could I have missed mentioning how gorgeous Teddy is?

NanaandGrampy Sat 01-Feb-20 22:27:22

Evening all !
Just popping in so I can find the new kitchen tomorrow !

Sending everyone a hug and I’ll catch up properly tomorrow x

Nannyfaraway Sat 01-Feb-20 22:34:37

Hello everyone. I'm glad I've found the new kitchen. Maybe I'll keep up with this one. Will pop in again tomorrow but in the mean time. TOYA

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion