Gransnet forums

Chat

One Mitten

(12 Posts)
Greenfinch Sat 22-Feb-20 19:58:31

Can anyone think of a use for one superbly knitted mitten?grin . I have lost the pattern and the wool has long since disappeared confused and so I cannot knit the other one. Must I just unpick all that hard work? sad

lemongrove Sat 22-Feb-20 20:29:57

You naughty kitten you’ve lost your mitten!?

Hmmm, can’t think of any practical use for it.....put it in the bits and bobs drawer in the kitchen ( the end of life home for any unwanted or puzzling item.)

BlueBelle Sat 22-Feb-20 20:32:56

Well a puppet would be the obvious answer I guess

Dec46 Sat 22-Feb-20 20:35:17

If it fits on your hand use it as a dusting mitt

Elegran Sat 22-Feb-20 21:13:54

Start a trend. Make another in a completely different colour and style and wear them as a pair. Be different!

etheltbags1 Sat 22-Feb-20 22:52:40

Fill it with rice and knot the top , use it for pain relief. It just needs 2 mins in microwave. Hope the pattern is a close one not to open worked or the rice will drop out

MollyPolly60 Sun 23-Feb-20 00:15:48

Donate it to a one handed person

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 23-Feb-20 08:23:07

I wear odd socks , I can’t see why anything particularly has to match, so just knit another one, or use it as a duster

Greenfinch Sun 23-Feb-20 08:51:55

It never actually existed lemongrove grin
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. I might try them all !

Marydoll Sun 23-Feb-20 09:16:51

Make a lavender bag, wink or would the bits fall out? grin

rubysong Sun 23-Feb-20 09:24:59

I keep an odd sock in the car and put it over the gear stick to remind me if I've left the car in gear. The mitten could do the same.
This reminds me of two year old DGD's response when I said I had made her some mittens and she said, "I'm not a kitten!".

Nortsat46 Sun 23-Feb-20 10:15:15

Could you knit another one which co-ordinates and perhaps picks up an element of the design? If it were in a coordinating or matching colour, it might appear that they are a pair, without exactly matching?
I seem to recall having seen something like that on Etsy ...

Otherwise, I am with Marydoll a lavender bag would be nice. You could hang it with your winter coat.??