Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Wed 26-Feb-20 06:10:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but cold and maybe frosty out side with ice in places.
Yesterday whilst I was out , noticed the Blackthorn was well in blossom a sign of bad weather to come.
Anyway, had my pancakes as well , today I am having a bus meeting with a manager, who runs the new Brackley -Bicester link, and other residents where I live can have a voice as to its route etc and the service.
Mick

Beechnut Wed 26-Feb-20 06:39:50

Good Morning everyone.

It’s dry and getting light on Severnside.
I’m dog sitting later and will also sort out what I need for a craft lesson.
Keep those buses running Mick.

I hope you all have the best day possible especially those with more than enough on their shoulders ?

Marydoll Wed 26-Feb-20 06:48:17

Good morning Mick and Beechnut, from a very cold Glasgow.

Still in bed, not feeling too good, so DH is going to the Lenten service on his own. A quiet day for me.
I bought at coatigan thingie, which is a wee bit too large, but as I like it, I'm going to alter it.

Hoping for some better news from the Gillybobs today.
Have the best day you can, everyone.

vena11 Wed 26-Feb-20 06:49:09

Good morning Mick Beechnut and all to come .
Up for the school run and its a dry morning how long for who knows.
Not much on today just a little house work maybe.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Marydoll Wed 26-Feb-20 06:49:55

Beechnut, what kind of crafting are you teaching? I used to do lots, before my hands let me down.

vena11 Wed 26-Feb-20 06:50:20

Marydoll flowers hope you have a better day.

Marydoll Wed 26-Feb-20 06:52:19

venall ?

Sark Wed 26-Feb-20 06:56:42

Good Morning Mick Beechnut and Marydoll
Bit chilly in Oxfordshire this morning.
Off to work soon. Another work colleagues birthday which is not good for my waistline... sausage rolls, pancakes and cake in the office this week!
Hope you feel better soon Marydoll I wish I had your talents for altering and mending!
Best wishes to all

dragonfly46 Wed 26-Feb-20 06:57:58

Good morning from a frosty Leicestershire.

Got a blood test then a scan this morning.
I am then taking a friend to the hospital as she has just developed wet MD. her DH has dementia so she really doesn’t need this.

Hope you feel better soon Marydoll and I hope for better news from Gilly

Ginny42 Wed 26-Feb-20 07:00:06

Good morning Mick, Beechnut and everyone. Well it's poured all night here in my corner of Cheshire and it's still raining. Yesterday I got pelted by hailstones! Didn't know that about the blackthorn Mick. The bushes are heavy with blossom here!

I've got the AGM of an association this morning followed by lunch and plan to stop at a farm shop of the way home for some treats not available in supermarkets.

Warm wishes to all those who are unwell. You do sound down this morning Marydoll. (Not sure what a coatigan thingie is!) Special get well wishes to MrGillybob and hugs to you Gillybob. flowers for all feeling low.

Take care everyone.

ninathenana Wed 26-Feb-20 07:01:59

Morning everyone.

Clear sky in Kent, no frost thank goodness. Taking DH to mow a relatives lawn this morning, I will stay and have a coffee. Nothing else planned.
Have a good day everyone. Hope you feel better later Marydoll and anyone else not feeling well today.

Ginny42 Wed 26-Feb-20 07:04:15

Dragonflly, what a difficult day for you and your friend. No, your friend doesn't need this, but she has a good friend in you to help her through. Hope your tests go well. flowers

BlueSapphire Wed 26-Feb-20 07:05:11

Good morning everyone from a clear and frosty Northampton. The mornings are suddenly starting to get much lighter.

Was persuaded by a friend yesterday to do the health walk with her; was fine when we started; 20 minutes later we were like drowned rats after a sudden heavy downpour with hail. Glad I had my umbrella! However we all hastened back to the sports centre where we sat drying out fortified by coffee and cakes. Then picked DGD up from school, and gave her tea and pancakes before Brownies.

Book club this morning, and then a quiet afternoon at home, probably reading again!

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day.

DoraMarr Wed 26-Feb-20 07:19:44

Good morning from Birmingham, where, at the moment, it isn’t raining! I’m off to collect my grandaughter soon. She is recovering from hand, foot and mouth disease, so can’t go to nursery, and last night my daughter sent me a text to say that she is ill too, so may not go in to work today. I’ll have to miss a U3 A group this afternoon, but never mind. We’ll have a brisk walk in the park if the rain keeps off.
I hope Mr gillybob is well enough to come home today. marydoll keep warm, and I hope you feel better soon. Good wishes to all those with problems, and I hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

Grammaretto Wed 26-Feb-20 07:21:45

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The snow has melted but there could be more.
The St Andrew's meetup went very well. GNters had come long distances to enjoy the sunshine, lunch and chat.
A quiet day planned for me.
I hope your day goes well
Dragonfly, Gilly, Marydoll and others with big challenges flowers

Brunette10 Wed 26-Feb-20 07:27:12

Good Morning from a bright and frosty Fife. Good to see a nice change in the weather. Going to have a day out in the big city today since it's better weather. Getting a bit fed up not being able to go places. Will just head off once we have had breakfast. Dragonfly, Gilly, Marydoll thinking of you all. Take care.

Lins1066 Wed 26-Feb-20 07:28:57

Good Morning Mick and all. Dry with a cold wind on our part of the S Welsh coast.
Sorry you are feeling poorly Mary.
Didn't sleep very well last night, currently having a cup of tea in bed.
Hope things go well for you and your friend this morning dragonfly.
All the best to those with illness and worries.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 26-Feb-20 07:29:53

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Just getting light in SE Essex, blue sky and no wind!

Marydoll rest and be good
gillybob thinking of you and your DH.
Thinking of all poorly Goodmorningers x

Off to the gym first thing, then I have to go back to Sainsbury's to buy light bulbs for the new lamps I bought there yesterday for one of the bedroom.

Tonight all the family are out at one of our favourite restaurants to celebrate one of ACs 40th birthday (there birthdays always make me feel old)

Take care and keep safe folks x

NannyJan53 Wed 26-Feb-20 07:31:22

Good morning from a Black Country with bright blue skies. It started off this way yesterday, then progressed to heavy rain and sleet!

Going to gym again this morning, now I have re-started I am trying to keep it up. Then this afternoon, may have a tootle to Merry Hill shopping centre. I wanted to look for something for our holiday in 2 weeks, but I am increasingly wondering if we shall be going at all the way Coronavirus is spreading. It is already in Tenerife and we are going to Lanzarote.

Just had an e-mail regarding my U3A walk in Kinver Friday. It is cancelled as there is still a lot of flooding there.

Sorry you are feeling unwell Marydoll I hope today sees improvement and you can get out and about again soon.

Wishing your DGD and DD well Dora

So upset to hear how MrGilly's operation didn't go as planned. I am in awe how you cope gilly, I am hoping and praying it is resolved quickly for you both.

Wishing you all a good day

cornergran Wed 26-Feb-20 07:32:29

Morning Mick morning All from a dry, bright corner of Somerset. Off for a wander today. No idea where yet. Good luck with the buses mick. Special thoughts for gilly and her husband, dragonfly: marydoll and everyone finding life hard just now. Hope Wednesday is kind to all.

Curlywhirly Wed 26-Feb-20 07:33:59

Good morning from a very wet and cold Cheshire. Just about to get soaked taking the dog out for her walk! Then off to the charity shop for the morning where I volunteer; looking forward to seeing the other volunteer ladies and a little bargain hunting. It's DGS's 2nd birthday today, so will see him later at his little tea party. Sorry to hear that you are under the weather today Marydoll it's cold outside, so you are doing the right thing staying in, hope you'll soon be up and about. Thinking of the Gillybobs and hoping things are improving. Take care all.

Mapleleaf Wed 26-Feb-20 07:34:51

Good morning,

It's bright and chilly here in Yorkshire at the moment and the forecast was for a decent, if cold, day - but that was said last night, and things can change.

Sorry that you aren't feeling too good today, marydoll. I hope you improve as the day goes on. ?

Good luck at the hospital today, dragonfly both for yourself and your friend.

Yes, I also hope that Mr gillybob is well enough to come home today, too.

Keep warm and safe, everyone.

Mommawolf Wed 26-Feb-20 07:38:16

Goodmorning all from a cold and slippery norfolk. My sister and I are going to look at puppies this morning. The breeder has a litter ready to go they are sixteen weeks and beginning to show signs of how they will work. I cant resist puppies would have them all. Hope you soon feel better MARYDOLL and all who are unwell also GILLYBOB And HER DH,have a good day everyone.

Pantglas2 Wed 26-Feb-20 07:38:24

Morning all from a dry north Wales where I’m lolling abed with the chamberpot of tea!

I’ve got two coatigans Marydoll - one navy from Debenhams and the other emerald green from Marks and they’re lovely and smart to wear in spring/autumn when you don’t want a heavy coat but a jacket won’t do!

Off out to brunch with DD and her friend so must shift myself, so many newbies on this thread now which is good but very busymaking keeping up with everyone!

Hope all with worries have good news today x

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 26-Feb-20 07:51:12

Good morning from east London, glorious blue skies and sun; temperature is low but I don’t mind that, much prefer this to the drizzle I walked home in last night. Lovely evening with my friends, starting with my walk from the train station, across tower bridge and along the river past my old office. DP arrived home from Southend with another boot load of ‘treasures’ he says we will find handy. I’m not so sentimental as him; how many cake knives do we need? Grocery shopping today then hope to see DD and family later; I may not have been happy doing school pick up 4-5 times a week when she was working but I miss them now. Have a good day.