Gransnet forums

Chat

Now what shall I wear today.....?

(41 Posts)
Lucca Sat 28-Mar-20 07:51:39

Interested to hear of anyone else’s quirks at this time. I’m wearing tracksuit type things pretty much all day BUT my top half is respectable with earrings and lipstick on in case of FaceTime !
I’m getting excited about little things, my first fruit and veg delivery for example, my afternoon walk.

Lucca Sat 28-Mar-20 07:53:26

Sorry I think this may have already been discussed, I didn’t see the thread about snobbishness.

fatgran57 Sat 28-Mar-20 08:21:00

I get up, have breakfast, shower and dress in my usual clothes.

However I no longer bother styling my hair which is grey and rather thick and needs plenty of product.I also don't bother putting on my makeup - once I would not leave the house without makeup.

One good thing about isolation is that I can get up when I want, eat when I want to and put on my pyjamas really early as no one will see me except OH and he has his pj's on also!

MiniMoon Sat 28-Mar-20 08:48:52

I've never been a dressy person, preferring jean's or jeggings with a tunic top or long sweater. This hasn't changed. I never wear make up being allergic to most of it.
The one difference is I have been getting up and putting on my dressing gown, having my cup of tea before my shower.

grannypiper Sat 28-Mar-20 09:45:51

I dress the way i always dress, t-shirt, jumper, leggings and slippers if indoors and Wellies if outside, but we have made a new house rule, we must dress nicely for Sunday Lunch.

Teetime Sat 28-Mar-20 09:51:11

I'm doing much the same as I always did except not wearing golf clothes. Clean face and light make up with minimal jewellery daily though.

M0nica Sat 28-Mar-20 10:05:56

I am following much the same dress pattern as Teetine, except that I do not play golf. I do Tai CHi and as my tutor is streaming classes once a week I am getting into my gym gear to do the class. I did the first one in ordinary clothe.

I like to think I dress stylishly, but never at the cost of wearing uncomfortable clothes, so all my ordinary clothes are comfortable to wear and I continue to wear them.

I only wear tracksuits and pyjamas in the daytime when I am ill. If I started wearing them now, I would begin to think I was ill, which is probably not a good idea.

Riverwalk Sat 28-Mar-20 10:17:21

I'm dressing about the same - tracksuit bottoms, hoodie, etc for walking and now at home wearing black linen mix trousers & a bright, chunky but lightweight sweater, and Flitflops.

I never slob around unless ill!

Dottydots Sat 28-Mar-20 10:41:36

Comfy tracksuit bottoms but with a nice top on. Short hair washed and styled every day, but not bothering with makeup except for my lovely red lipstick which always cheers me up.

SirChenjin Sat 28-Mar-20 10:46:28

Today I am going to wear my old clothes as I’m going to do some gardening. It’s my birthday so I’ll change into something a bit nicer for dinner and I’m going to wash and style my hair rather than leaving it to dry naturally.

Hetty58 Sat 28-Mar-20 10:50:22

Pyjamas, except when I go for a walk, then trackies!

paddyanne Sat 28-Mar-20 10:52:00

Happy BirthdaySirchenjin the sun is shining for you,have a great day

EllanVannin Sat 28-Mar-20 10:56:13

Even if ill or off colour I'll still get dressed and made-up as besides it making you feel better ( psychologically ) if the worst should happen, a sudden GP visit or indeed hospital, you still retain a modicum of respectability, even if done half-heartedly.
Of course if you're too ill then that's entirely different.

SirChenjin Sat 28-Mar-20 10:57:52

Aww thank you paddyanne smile I hope you have a great day too

EllanVannin Sat 28-Mar-20 10:58:15

Happy Birthday SirChenjin and enjoy your day as best you can. flowers

Grannyboots1 Sat 28-Mar-20 10:58:59

I’m waiting for a FaceTime call with my son who is 40 today and had to cancel a ‘do’ to celebrate. Tracking bottoms and a new jumper. My make up, hair and lipstick on by 9 am, just in case he caught me out.

Alexa Sat 28-Mar-20 11:41:50

Happy birthday SirChengin

SirChenjin Sat 28-Mar-20 11:44:37

Thank you EllanVannin and Alexa, that’s really kind of you smile

DanniRae Sat 28-Mar-20 12:30:11

Happy Birthday from me too SirChenjin wine and flowers

rosenoir Sat 28-Mar-20 13:10:50

SirChenjin Sat 28-Mar-20 13:53:38

Thanks Danni! smile

Judy54 Sat 28-Mar-20 16:48:19

Wearing usual comfortable clothes but do miss dressing up to go out for lunch or dinner so this morning decided that I am going to wear a different pair of earrings every day and use some of my more dressy ones to cheer me up.

Nightsky2 Sat 28-Mar-20 17:40:18

I’m wearing the same as I always wear, jeans and a nice sweater. I would say I dress more or less the way I would normally dress if I was going to a friends house for a game of bridge?. Playing on line instead. Eye make up and earrings.

Lucca, I too am looking forward to my first fruit and veg delivery on Monday. I am also having a weekly bread delivery as I am having just one more delivery from Tesco, might be weeks before I get another slot. The way to go perhaps.

GabriellaG54 Sat 28-Mar-20 20:14:55

Trackkies with earrings n lippy don't exactly go together, unless the earrings are tiny plain studs but not pearls or gems. Definitely no lipstick. Gordon Bennett...you might as well wear shell suits.

SirChenjin Sat 28-Mar-20 20:21:35

And why not - stylish yet practical