Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Sun 29-Mar-20 06:17:54

Good Morning Everyone,
I am up at my usual time , its twilight out there but looks dry and clear at the moment here in Brackley.
Today, semi self isolate , maybe a small shop , but trying not to spend more time on computer or watching TV.
The residential home i live in, we all had an internal letter as to the current situation,and obeying those orders made by not using the community lounge, , there is a group of around 6 who think they run the place whilst the management are not about by creating there own rules.
Mick

Elizabeth1 Sun 29-Mar-20 06:34:34

Good morning everyone and another day of self isolating. Me and my DH are taking a short journey in the car to pick up unwanted food I’ll have my wee walk in the garden today to strengthen my leg muscles they’re doing really well. I’m now going back to bed in the warm cause I’m feeling the cold and it’s far too early for me to get up just yet I’ll probably be sound asleep in a few minutes just in time for the carers to waken me up at 8.30 they are all so lovely I’m really blessed by having them to care for me my DH is doing his very best I’m trying my best to let him carry on snoring so that he’s in fine fettle for the rest of the day have a good day everyone and stay away from the news keep sanity in your home and in your mind

Beechnut Sun 29-Mar-20 06:51:14

Yes Elizabeth1 I try not to watch too much news it makes me anxious.

As to the start of the day, it is dry on Severnside.

Not to worry CherryCezzy you did not upset in anyway.

I got my branches cut up and binned yesterday but the wind was so chilly I wasn’t outside for very long and if it’s anything like the same today I shall just cosy down indoors.

Let us have the best day we can and good morning everyone ?

Beechnut Sun 29-Mar-20 06:52:00

Upset me in anyway.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 29-Mar-20 06:58:28

Goodmorning Mick and all x

The sky is blue here in S E Essex although there are a lot of clouds on the horizon.

Mr.GG managed to get a chicken yesterday so it's a roast with all the trimmings today, I shall also make some banana bread and an apple cake (my poor waist line!!!!).

((((((((-))))))))) hugs to all off our lovely Gransnetters who
are having a wobble

Keep safe and well folks flowers

Liljan Sun 29-Mar-20 07:01:02

Good morning all, we listened to the news yesterday morning then left it behind us for the rest of the day and it made such a difference, felt much more upbeat. Completed a few chores around the house then in the afternoon we had another go at playing backgammon, think we’ve cracked the basics. Watched Ant & Dec and more light hearted “stuff” in the evening and went to bed with a less heavy heart than usual. A day off corona did us both some good. Not a lot planned for today but daughter1 has invited us to play a What’s App quiz with her and her husband tonight @ 8pm..not sure how it’s done but we’re up for it and looking forward to a fun evening.

Scentia Sun 29-Mar-20 07:21:45

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, breezy cool and rather grey out there this morning. Still, I will try and get my washing out in a while.
I am hardly coughing at all this morning so hopefully it has abated.
I will spend most of the day saying what the actual time is!!!!

My DD thinks the cough has come from being inside with central heating for so much longer than usual, I won’t tell DH she thinks that or it will be turned off??
I am going to finish cleaning all my windows today, I did try yesterday but got scared on the ladder doing the upstairs ones outside so will do those from the inside, I think there is a way to open them so I can do it safely if I remember rightly.
Please, all of you stay safe and virus free and keep yourself as busy as you can.

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 29-Mar-20 07:25:39

Good morning from a breezy , cloudy and cold Oxfordshire.
We only watch the Government briefings at the moment , we don’t watch the news programmes anymore and we feel better for it.
We have only been out of the house (apart from the garden) once since March 10 th, the 2 weeks prior to that we went out twice to the Surgery to see the GP when DH became unwell, it’s getting a bit tedious now, it wasn’t too bad when the weather was warm enough to sit out in, but he still isn’t well enough to go out in the cold, so back indoors again.
Still, mustn’t grumble......
Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Nortsat Sun 29-Mar-20 07:26:38

Good morning Mick and the GM team. It’s grey and chilly here in east London.
Another ‘shielding’ day for me. I have some cleaning to do and a sizeable joint of pork to roast. I will portion the meat and we’ll freeze it for a number of meals.

I agree Liljan one dose of the news per day in quite enough. We listen in the evening. I have given up starting my day with my coffee and the Guardian, I have coffee and GN instead. ?

Good thoughts to those in Sick Bay and anyone having a wobble.
? to all.

BlueBelle Sun 29-Mar-20 07:26:39

Good morning all, the wind has been howling all night here in Suffolk and still is, it sounds gale force outside my window
so I don’t expect I ll get anything much done in the garden
What’s semi isolate mean Mick I thought we were all in lock down especially us oldies
I too am turning the programmes about Covid off Liljan it’s just too much when you live on your own it just goes round and round in your head and mentally you become a wreck
I m not scared for me I so worried for my children and grandchildren though

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 29-Mar-20 07:27:06

Sorry Scentia your post popped up when I was typing mine, so pleased you are feeling better.

oldgoat Sun 29-Mar-20 07:41:08

Morning all.

First day of Summertime and we have just had a snow shower here in York! I don't think that the central heating will be going off for a while yet.
Nothing planned for today apart from a couple of walks with the dog.

It's our 51st wedding anniversary today so a nice bit of steak for dinner and some special Betty's cake for pudding.

Hope you all have as good a day as possible , but keep your distance , and good wishes to all my GN friends.

Sar53 Sun 29-Mar-20 07:45:11

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. It seems colder today, a taste of things to come.
Nothing specific planned for today. Will change the bed and later we will have roast chicken with cauliflower cheese.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 29-Mar-20 07:46:26

Good morning from east London, brightening up and milder than at the start of yesterday. Compost heap is now demolished and rebuilt with the compost spread over the garden borders. You’d never have thought DP was on pain killers for his back about 3 days ago; he needs physical activity. Had a long call with DB3 yesterday; he told me two of my favourite beaches up home, Druridge Bay and Warkworth, were now closed. Also had a FaceTime session with DSD and her mum last night; bit strange so she may try zoom next time. DSD is concerned as her fiancé who’s in the marine reserve may be called up any time; she opted to stay with her mum rather than get back to Exeter to be with him. Jigsaw started, book to read, papers to sort. I think DP has hidden the secateurs as I can be a bit of a hacker in the garden when I need to expend some energy and he loves his hedges. Chezzy, you asked me a question yesterday; I am not a football fan but if I were I’d have a choice of West Ham and Leyton Orient locally or Newcastle if I stuck with my siblings. Have the best day you can; the sun is now breaking through.

Scentia Sun 29-Mar-20 07:50:13

? for you oldgoat
Happy Anniversary

grandMattie Sun 29-Mar-20 07:50:47

Good morning everyone.
Cold, dark and windy in E Kent. Hate the change of clocks, gives me jet lag.
We’ll watch a church service later this morning, I do miss going to church.
We’re rationing our news consumption, less depressing.
Hope, that like us, you are doing everything to keep positive.
Stay well and cheerful

cornergran Sun 29-Mar-20 07:53:50

Morning Mick, morning All from a very windy and chilly corner of Somerset. Not sure what we’ll do today. Wrap up and have a walk for sure, a couple of phone calls and I must search again for my physio exercise sheets, I put them away ‘safely’. How many safe places are there? Roast chicken and stuffed baked apples later. We’re also keeping news bulletins to once a day, no need for more. It’s a strange time, please be gentle with yourselves. No one has done this before, bound to be wobbles. flowers for us all.

Sark Sun 29-Mar-20 07:54:31

Good Morning everyone from a chilly Oxfordshire
Congratulations Mr and Mrs Oldgoat flowers
Glad you're feeling better Scentia
Have good day if you can and keep smilingsmile

cornergran Sun 29-Mar-20 07:55:45

Apologies oldgoat, left out my happy anniversary wishes to you both.

oldgoat Sun 29-Mar-20 07:56:49

Thank you Sentia
Glad to hear that you are feeling better today.
X

ninathenana Sun 29-Mar-20 07:57:55

Good morning , I'n still in bed but from what I can see it's grey in Kent.
DH is off to the plot soon. He says it's his exercise and that others there all keep their distance from one another. I'm not sure he should be going but can't change his mind.
Happy Anniversary oldgoat thanks
Have a good day everyone

mancgirl Sun 29-Mar-20 07:59:09

Good morning from sunny Manchester. It's a nice way to start the day. It's a few moments after waking up before I think about the surreal time we are in. Every day I hope the increase in figures will peak or reduce. My wobble day yesterday. Not going to read more than the headlines on line. Ds1 came yesterday with a shop and had a garden beer with his dad - nearer 3 metres distance than 2. Just had a very early face time with ds2 and 2 year old shouting "nan"! across the phone. Best way to start the day?. The 4 year old (cousin to 2 year old) face timed yesterday. Parents have told him we're still in Spain. He recognised the background and said, "see, they aren't in Spain daddy". Busted!! Few chores, roast chicken dinner later. Gousto delivery at some point which will sort the next 4 days meals out. Have a good day everyone. ((((. )))) flowersfor those struggling.

brook2704 Sun 29-Mar-20 08:01:05

Good morning everyone from a cold but dry morning in Inverness
Yesterday we enjoyed our local walk, it started out dry but within 10 minutes we had hailstones and snow ! Not sure yet if we’ll go out again today , maybe a lazy Sunday instead with a film and a book
Eldest DD FaceTimed yesterday with my 2 DGS - it was lovely to see them both , lots of energy and bouncing around on the sofa in the background ?
Happy Anniversary oldgoat hope you enjoy your special day ???
So pleased you’re feeling a bit better Scentia
Take care everyone and stay safe

BlueSapphire Sun 29-Mar-20 08:10:41

Good morning everyone from a bright and windy Northampton. Did not do the grass yesterday as it was bitterly cold, so I have given myself the weekend off gardening jobs.

DS and DDil came to collect the desk and chair yesterday, and put a bottle of Prosecco in the front porch for me. We had a chat through the glass. DS was heading into London to work in the afternoon, his police department is short staffed so he has chosen to work overtime. I am so worried about him.

I fancied a bit of light entertainment yesterday afternoon so watched the whole first series of my favourite sitcom 'Ever Decreasing Circles'. Going to watch series two today and have ordered series three off Amazon. Richard Briers is so good in it, better than in 'The Good Life', I think.

Nothing else planned except read the papers and put the washing machine on, which is full of towels.

Take care everyone.

Grammaretto Sun 29-Mar-20 08:13:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I wish they told us what day it was as well as the time, on the radio. I have to check in here!
The news is very depressing, I agree.
I may join in our virtual church again. I did last sunday and was late arriving.
I'm saving chores till tomorrow.

Happy anniversary Oldgoat . Enjoy your feast and make plans to celebrate again later.

I like the idea of calling next year 2020, like the Olympics, and writing off this year.
Have as best a day you can. Remember it is now officially summer time.