Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sunday

(8 Posts)
Rufus2 Sun 29-Mar-20 14:02:03

Atheism A non-prophet organisation!

Every body seems to be starting up "Jokes Threads" Trying to lift the gloom! More often than not they can have the opposite effect; the best way, IMO, is to search the archives for GreatNan's thread; 40 pages! wink
Our weather back to Autumn; cool and wet! I suppose you are now enjoying Summer sunshine with the clocks going forward1
Spoke with Michelle (Bournemouth, beige cardi fame!) this evening and she's into cupboard cleaning like never before! This "house arrest" is working wonders;
both our sons are
working from home", which to this old-fashioned "worker" is a recipe for procrastination or the "substitution theory" - do anything but the job in hand! hmm
Still smiling at granddaughter's comment about "Joe" moving like "greased lightning" at the sniff of a female friend! Reminded me of "One Foot in the Grave", although they weren't exactly racing! grin
I'm losing track of all the virus statistics with so many countries now involved. We haven't had many deaths comparatively speaking, either elderly after contact with known cases or with prior health conditions.
Us "oldies" being told every 5 minutes to "stay indoors"; I find "talking' to youse all very therapeutic!
All the threats of idiots being fined or thrown into prison for breaking "proximity" rules has me thinking; what rules apply "inside"? Not exactly "self isolation,", but would solitary confinement qualify? Hope not to find out! hmm
fatgran; in answer to your question; "Ostrich" wink
Can you rustle up any useful recipes with seaweed?
My carer (from China years ago) said that she buys powdered milk (cheap) when I was reminiscing about war-time rationing and remembered "dried eggs" from the USA.
Our Mam and others, of course certainly did it tough with Dad and 3 offspring to feed. Hope we're not forced to eat seaweed, dried or not! hmm
Hope you keep well!
Good Health

GrannyGravy13 Sun 29-Mar-20 14:37:46

Hi Rufus2 in my little corner of S E Essex today we have had snow, sleet, rain, sunshine and gale force winds. First day of British Summer Time...............just like a normal day in Melbourne!!!

gillybob Sun 29-Mar-20 14:46:54

Hi Rufus very cold here in Geordieland . We had hailstones earlier . If this cold weather continues we’ll all end up stir crazy.
As my late grandma used to say “what a life ......but better than the alternative” grin

Oopsadaisy3 Sun 29-Mar-20 16:02:37

Hi Rufus
Sunny but cold and windy here in Oxfordshire, I wish it would warm up a bit, it is Summer after all!
We are lucky to have fields to wander in, but it’s too cold today.
Waiting for the daily update from Downing Street, don’t think we will get any good news though.
Stay safe, stay indoors.

rafichagran Sun 29-Mar-20 16:06:40

Good Evening Rufus, very cold, wet,hail stones, along with sunshine, here in greater London.

fatgran57 Mon 30-Mar-20 02:55:12

Big feathers then Rufus wink

First death from the virus here in Tasmania and on the North West Coast not very far from my place.

The Premier will be making an announcement this evening and it seems that the lockdown will be more stringent.

I may not be even able to leave the yard anymore to go for a walk.

We are fortunate that we have family to do our shopping for us, brother in law and his wife have no children or younger nieces nephews etc so our lot are doing shopping for them also. They are not used to having to accept this sort of help so is hard for them, but no other option.

No recipes for seaweed Rufus but if things get tough I may have to look for some!

It is like The Silence of the Lambs here now that the planes have nearly stopped.
We are only a couple of hundred yards from the airport and after 50-60 years of several REX flights coming in and going out and all the traffic etc the quietness is disconcerting. Used to be more years ago when we had TAA also.

Keep well and keep postingsmile

jdga Mon 30-Mar-20 03:08:12

Sunshine here in Georgia, but the pollen level is v high, so no going outside for me...

Megs36 Mon 30-Mar-20 10:07:53

Hello Rufus, the naughty stool seems a distant memory now, it’s a case of don’t even go there. ??KEEP SAFE , KEEP IN.