Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Chewsday

(9 Posts)
Rufus2 Tue 31-Mar-20 14:33:32

Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner tonight courtesy of Jan, a very caring neighbour, although what with current "safe distance" regs it was only a brief hand-over at the front door, no time for hugs and thank-you kisses!
Just our luck for a police car to be cruising past! sad
Empty car-parks would disturb me too if I was to be allowed out; all sorts of dangerous happenings occur if our TV progs are anything to go by!
And how do you work out where to park given multiple choices? I used to be comfortable simply cruising around waiting for an empty spot to appear grin

Do the fanatics still do the Aldermaston Marches? why would flights be curtailed?
Our son No.1 (brisbane) also recalled this evening how the Jumbos would fly so low over our house on their way to Heathrow that you could count all the rivets. And the noise! Eventually all affected houses had double-glazing fitted.
Fortunately our meals-on-wheels service is still functioning, but I guess it only takes one person to ring in sick and we all starve to death.hmm
Sad to see reports here today that some infants have become patients, just when we were under the impression that they couldn't!
It's hard to imagine how this will all end; what criteria will be used to blow the final whistle and how will all these cash hand-outs be funded?
Thankfully our Internet services are holding up despite the increased traffic due to so many people working from home! YouTube is a boon right now.!
Weather is still excellent, 28C but wet forecast for Thurs. and the week-end so home confinement won't be too frustrating.
fatgran Pity about the laver bread; I was hoping to hear what you thought of it, I suppose Welsh Rarebit could be an acceptable alternative!? hmm
No! Haven't received the $750 hand out yet and still working out what to spend it on; I don't know why, but it made me think of that joke,
"What do give a person who's got everything?" "Broad Spectrum antibiotics!"
Sorry! Now where was I?
Your DH's project sounds interesting! Is it a slipway to launch your yacht? A round-the world trip ,might be a good way to go right now, although being denied entry to foreign ports could be a bit of a drag! sad
Megs Thanks for the "Buddy" greeting!
60 years deserves a celebration; dinner at home for two!
We are being warned not to rush out and hoard booze! Plenty of supplies apparently and so there should be here! Of course that's bound to startle the nervous nellies .
Shades of toilet paper! grin
Good Health. wine wine wine

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 31-Mar-20 14:42:49

Hi Rufus
Pleased to see that you are fit and well, we are ok here, cold and windy here again, but still having our 1 walk a day, we live in the countryside so a trek through muddy fields was our walk.
We have a Polytunnel to erect to grow our own veg, just like they did in the war? but if we did it now it would be up on the Ridgeway before tea time, it’s that windy. No planes overhead here, even the military Chinooks and the helicopters seem to have stopped flying over doing their manoeuvres, sometimes they were so low you could see the guys sitting with their legs hanging out! Mind you the thump of the rotor blades when they are so low made me think I was going to have a heart attack.
So it’s another day here in something not at all like Paradise, but we are safe and warm with food to eat, so we are very lucky.
Have a good evening , and stay safe.x

rafichagran Tue 31-Mar-20 18:45:41

Goid evening Rufus.

gillybob Tue 31-Mar-20 18:56:05

Evening from Geordieland Rufus glad to see your sense of humour is alive and kicking !

Still bluddy freezing here with a cold wind blowing straight off the sea . 28 degrees sound just what the doctor ordered . Stay safe and well and enjoy that Spag Bol ! smile

grannylyn65 Tue 31-Mar-20 19:16:13

Ooo I now want spaghetti bol.

Baggs Tue 31-Mar-20 19:47:16

? Cheers, Rufe!

Jane10 Tue 31-Mar-20 20:54:20

Hello from Edinburgh. An OK day here. Shopping done so we're holed up for another week. Phew.
The official walk isn't very enjoyable somehow as it's a 'thing to be done' rather than the pleasure it used to be.
SiL sends wee videos of the DGSs which are usually hilarious but make me quite sad too. I do miss them but doubt they even think about Gran and Grandad. Oh well. Probably for the best.

fatgran57 Wed 01-Apr-20 05:23:06

Hello Rufus. Still bunkered down and not bothering me at all yet but it would be nice to go out for a meal, not used to doing every one of them as I have to at the moment!

No OH isn't building a yacht but I could very easily launch him into the sea with a bottle of (cheap) champagne smashed against the back of his head grin

He is more into wood based interests and has a lot of machinery but no project ready to go yet.

The first two pictures are the really big shed and the last is the smaller shed and the driveway.

Went for my walk this morning saw a couple of police cars driving around. The second one was flashing his lights for the vehicle in front to pull over.

The occupant was on his mobile phone and was still on it as the policeman got out of their vehicle!!

Policeman said "good morning how are you" to me and said" keep safe" which I thought was nice.

No more deaths in Tassie today so far and no more cases so far, all ours seemed to be traced to people off the cruise ships. The lady in Burnie who died was a friend of my brother in law and she had been on a cruise ship. Don't think he had had any contact with her though.

We received our $750 payments this morning and OH is champing at the bit to go to Bunnings. He will have to wait a while I reckon.

He thought life as he knew it was over when Bunnings stopped the sausage sizzle sad

Anyway Rufus keep posting and take care.

BlueSapphire Wed 01-Apr-20 07:57:52

Late DH's cousin who lives in Brisbane is very fed up as the state government had just banned all recreational sailing. He has just got his catamaran back in the water again after a refit.