Gransnet forums

Chat

A little bit of toast

(93 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 01-Apr-20 22:08:14

Being at home most of the time, when not out for a walk or gardening does seem to be making us both hungrier than usual ( not a good thing!) and DH says ( with halo on)When I am making a cup of tea ‘no biscuit for me thanks......I’ll just have a little bit of toast’ !!
Anyone else experiencing the need for a snack??

Chewbacca Wed 01-Apr-20 22:14:38

Oh yes! grin When I'm at work in the office, I go all day with nothing to eat until the my evening meal. Working from home, I eat up that bit of cake left over from yesterday, a slice of toast ormsome biscuits whilst the kettle boils and worst of all, I've raided the GCs treats drawer of Milky Ways! I'm going to so regret this come summer!

GabriellaG54 Wed 01-Apr-20 22:16:57

I'm partial to a 'bit of toast' too. Not too filling and not sweet either. It sometimes ends up being 2 pieces, otherwise one side of the toaster is going to waste. ?

merlotgran Wed 01-Apr-20 22:17:53

Just had a bag of crisps. And a glass of wine to go with it. grin

merlotgran Wed 01-Apr-20 22:18:34

Toast and peanut butter is another weakness.

Callistemon Wed 01-Apr-20 22:21:56

Yes
I made some 'healthy' biscuits
When they had gone I had a request for more.

This is the last batch as Yes, I have no bananas!

QuaintIrene Wed 01-Apr-20 22:23:34

I am a greedy demon for butter puffs.

FlexibleFriend Wed 01-Apr-20 22:24:36

No if anything we are eating less than normal and keeping busy means we're not even thinking about food. We eat breakfast and have a late lunch but no evening meal and no snacks.

merlotgran Wed 01-Apr-20 22:54:54

We eat breakfast and have a late lunch but no evening meal and no snacks

I'd be snacking on the furniture!

Chewbacca Wed 01-Apr-20 22:56:24

gringrin merlot! That made me laugh out loud!

Callistemon Wed 01-Apr-20 22:58:07

I need elevenses at 11pm after reading that too!

Nothing after lunch?
I'd rather go without breakfast or without lunch
But under duress

BlueSky Thu 02-Apr-20 00:16:01

Yes we have a weakness for toast: butter, marmite, marmalade, peanut butter and a nice cup of tea!

Chewbacca Thu 02-Apr-20 00:19:42

toast: butter, marmite, marmalade, peanut butter
Not all on the same slice of toast?

BlueSky Thu 02-Apr-20 00:50:58

Chewbacca grin

NotAGran55 Thu 02-Apr-20 06:42:02

I thought this was going to be about Paul Young smile

Esspee Thu 02-Apr-20 06:42:27

I fear most of us will gain weight during our incarceration. I find myself "not wasting anything" by popping it in my mouth?

Pikachu Thu 02-Apr-20 06:52:21

I’ve relaxed into lazy mornings. By the time I’m up, showered, wiped down the bathroom, put washing in machine, do a few exercises, checked out Facebook and GN, straightened up my bedroom, dried my hair etc. it can be 11.00 am.

Then I hang washing out, poop-scoop and feed the dog, and it’s time for breakfast. So I’m not eating until about 11.30 and just having a snack mid afternoon rather than lunch.

And I’ve lost weight. Just a little, but steady these last three weeks.

oldgoat Thu 02-Apr-20 08:15:20

Just made another batch of Seville orange marmalade from my frozen oranges, I'm afraid to sample it in case I can't stop eating it, with thick butter, on toast. Oh, yum, yum.

Thank goodness for my ultra-stretch elasticated trousers. Check every day to make sure the back seam hasn't come adrift, yet.

Nana3 Thu 02-Apr-20 08:26:38

Chewbacca I laughed out loud too. I've eaten the penguin bars from the GC's treat tin grin

merlotgran Thu 02-Apr-20 08:30:12

I've just weighed myself and I've lost 2lbs. How the heck did that happen?

I'll celebrate with an extra slice of toast. I fancy Marmite this morning. Peanut butter is better for a midnight feast.

travelsafar Thu 02-Apr-20 08:32:10

I find I am missing lunch most days just like Pikachu. We are also eating our evening meal later in the day than normal which helps cut out evening snacks. Still not noticed much on the scales though hmm

BlueSky Thu 02-Apr-20 08:36:31

Same here Merlot marmite for breakfast, peanut butter for supper and plain toast in the afternoon after our daily walk!

Chewbacca Thu 02-Apr-20 08:42:33

I'm surprised so many like peanut butter on their toast! I like the idea of peanut butter but I actually find it a bit claggy. Marmite is best with cheese on toast. Double the calories!

Auntieflo Thu 02-Apr-20 08:46:48

I am with you there Chewbacca. Really can't eat peanut butter.
Now, if it's my friends homemade Japonica Jam, that's another story. I've only got 3/4 of a jar left, so it's being rationed.

merlotgran Thu 02-Apr-20 09:29:44

A tiny sprinkle of salt stops peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.