Gransnet forums

Chat

So what you buying on line? Apart from food and groceries.

(200 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:02:41

I’d love to get some paint but I can’t think of anything else I need.
Seems that online shopping is booming. Am I missing out??‍♀️

Calendargirl Thu 02-Apr-20 07:05:07

Nothing at all, not even food and groceries.

vegansrock Thu 02-Apr-20 07:15:24

Some things I’ve bought online in the last couple of weeks
Plants and seeds for garden
A water butt
Wine
Shampoo, soap, hand cream, moisturiser, nail products
Eco friendly cleaning products
Slide and swing for DD’s garden to help with minding 14 month old whilst they WFH
Sewing thread and fabrics
Padlock and keys for side garden gate to replace broken one

Grammaretto Thu 02-Apr-20 07:15:38

A delivery driver complained on our town facebook that there are too many orders for clothes etc. Are they really necessary?
I buy very little online but what I am missing are the charity shops. I need buttons for my knitting so that would have been my first port of call and cards.
Our local garden centre is doing deliveries.

Liaise Thu 02-Apr-20 07:16:57

We are replacing our old cordless phones as we are having difficulty speaking to anyone because of a loud crackling noise. If that doesn't work it will be a call to BT. Our mobile signal here is dreadful. Awaiting delivery of the only phones John Lewis had.

mumofmadboys Thu 02-Apr-20 07:20:22

I have ordered Joanna Trollope 's new book called Mum and Dad

Rosalyn69 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:20:23

Dog flea treatment
Coffee

Calendargirl Thu 02-Apr-20 07:21:58

Oh Grammaretto

I laboriously sorted through my mum’s button tin, put different ones in clear jam jars, and took them to our local car boot sale. No interest, only asking 50p a jar.
Managed to flog one jar of large ones to a NQT for her class to practise counting, hope the little dears didn’t swallow any of them!

craftyone Thu 02-Apr-20 07:22:21

garden products for my brand new garden, seeds etc

feelgood chocolates for the weekend

new trousers to help keep my favourite store in business

A trickle charger for my car, to keep the battery charged while standing still

shampoo and special miele detergents

I like to keep a smile on my delivery drivers faces, they are making money when many people are not

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 02-Apr-20 07:25:35

Oh well, here goes ?
Hand sanitizer
One online grocery shop
One birthday card
3 gift boxes of chocolates and sweets delivered direct to family and friends
One birthday present to daughter
One birthday present to son’s girlfriend
(Thankfully I’d already got granddaughter’s birthday presents)
I’ve probably forgotten something.
When my bank account gets replenished I’ll order plants and seeds from the local garden centre.
PamelaJ, someone on the Good Morning thread is having paint delivered today

shysal Thu 02-Apr-20 07:27:09

Potting compost and plants
Dry cat food
A few books
Jigsaws
Tena Lights blush

shysal Thu 02-Apr-20 07:29:44

Oh, forgot tin of Sadolin Jungle green paint for garden bench and shed.

Hetty58 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:31:36

PamelaJ1,Yes, you're missing out so why not have that paint delivered? I always do anyway - far too heavy to carry.

I've regularly shopped online for years, like many people, as it just saves time and effort. You can completely avoid all the clever marketing tactics of shops too.

This week, apart from food, I've ordered a sack of wild bird food, dishwasher tablets and salt from Ebay (far cheaper than shop prices).

PamelaJ1 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:37:35

Who is delivering the paint? I did look , my sister did get some but she could only get pale green.
I’m a bit picky I want Dulux Natural Hessian. I work from home so now would be a great time to give the place another coat. Only got back from Australia so couldn’t think ahead.

Doorstop Thu 02-Apr-20 07:42:44

Paint which was out of stock in stores, everyone beat me to it! A slow cooker, some desperately need P J’s and socks.
Wish I had prepared better and bought books, jigsaws, plants and more toiletries, but have run out of money for the moment anyway so will make do.smile

cornergran Thu 02-Apr-20 07:44:29

Easter gifts for the family, cheer up flowers for a friend, garden stuff (our local garden centre wants a £50 spend, didn’t need that much), about to order a lawnmower as our gardeners won’t be here for the duration.

NannyJan53 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:47:01

Not a thing. My credit card is having a rest, it will be the first time I will have nothing to pay at the end of the month.

I do have a £20 Amazon gift voucher, which I will use for downloading books for my Kindle.

fatgran57 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:50:22

Husband got me to order a pair of hair clippers and said for me to buy the leather jacket I have been wanting for the past year - both from the same department store and marked down by 30%.

Said to daughter I will have nowhere to wear it, she said to wear it around the housesmile

Anyway it might not be a good fit so might have to send it back anyway.

The hair clippers were probably a more sensible purchase.

Sparkling Thu 02-Apr-20 07:51:40

Not a thing, I have never bought on line. I am now getting desperate for gardening things and paint, so will have to bite the bullet.

kittylester Thu 02-Apr-20 07:53:16

Sweets for the dgc and ds
Little presents for daughters
Books
Trousers

Will be buying easter eggs and wine in the very near future!

JackyB Thu 02-Apr-20 07:53:29

Flowers for my daughter-in-law's mother who has just moved house.

Soap dishes as we have transitioned to old-fashioned soap bars to save plastic.

Filled the order up with bubble bath and hand cream to make the minimum amount for free delivery.

Some black felt for a crafting project.

Would have got some storage boxes as I am sorting through my children's toys for the grandchildren to use and stacking them away a bit more neatly. But couldn't find the right size online so I got them when out shopping this week.

Doorstop Thu 02-Apr-20 07:53:45

PamelaJ1, my paint is coming from Wickes, spent all day trying to order it as PayPal was extremely slow, it’s only white emulsion though, my DH would normally pick some up on the way home from Homebase but they did not have any in stock. Hope you manage to order some.

PamelaJ1 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:54:11

Doorstop where did you get the paint?

PamelaJ1 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:55:56

Crossed posts. we have a B&Q in town but they aren’t delivering and won’t let me click and collect.

LullyDully Thu 02-Apr-20 08:05:17

i bought some summer sandals from Hotter and all my grandsons' birthday presents. They blew the candles out on line and unwrapped their parcels.

I will have to get some potting compost as my begonias are in need of potting on .