Gransnet forums

Chat

Mega wobble...where did that come from...

(28 Posts)
farview Thu 02-Apr-20 12:20:51

..been busy all a.m cooking to freeze..spoke to son in Australia, daughter in Dubai, watched videos that they both sent..one of my sons here dropped off lovely groceries and magazines..unexpectedly...other son dropped off huge bag of compost..all going well..busy in the kitchen..radio on...Phil Collins "you'll be in my heart " playing.... Well the floodgates opened..was crying so much I had to go in the bedroom and just let the tears fall,..not even a song that I've ever loved...actually feel quite weak now from crying so much...oh heck .."pull yourself together madam!"..

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Apr-20 12:22:13

farview'flowers

QuaintIrene Thu 02-Apr-20 12:25:54

Oh, lovely.
I hope your cry did you good. Better out than in as my mam would say.
Unprecedented times indeed
?

FoghornLeghorn Thu 02-Apr-20 12:26:34

I really am not a cryer but I’m finding I’m really quite tearful at the moment. I can cry over anything. A particular piece of music that reminds me of something or someone. A memory. A photo. Something sad on TV or the internet. I can’t remember when I last felt so emotional. Good job I’m locked down alone so I can just do it without feeling stupid.

timetogo2016 Thu 02-Apr-20 12:26:42

Ah bless you farview.
I know how you feel as the longer this goes on the more i miss my family hugs and loves so when they do kind things i also cry.
As my Grandfather used to say "theres no shame in tears my love".
Wise words.

kittylester Thu 02-Apr-20 13:16:11

I know that feeling of crying over something silly. My friend told me about how our local supermarket have pulled out the stops for her and her dh and we had a little sob together over the phone. I never thought I'd cry over a Tesco delivery!

BlueSky Thu 02-Apr-20 13:20:28

I cried when I spotted the rainbows painted by the school kids and displayed in windows!

Grannmarie Thu 02-Apr-20 13:27:50

Farview, thanks, you are not alone, so many strong, resourceful people are feeling overwhelmed just now in these unprecedented times.
I hadn't cried since my Mum died seven years ago, but I've found myself in tears recently, worrying about my family, particularly DS2 who is frontline NHS.

Take care.

SirChenjin Thu 02-Apr-20 13:29:37

I cried earlier at the news item of the musicians playing Ave Maria to Covid patients in China (I think it was). I’m been fine up until today but now having a bit of a wobble for some reason. You’re not alone farview, these are truly worrying times thanks

merlotgran Thu 02-Apr-20 13:30:28

I'm tearful over silly things as well. The advert for guide dogs makes me cry and shout f***ing b***tards at the telly.

Why couldn't the advert makers let that lovely little girl score a goal for her blind dad? sad

Yes, I know it's not real by the way. grin

SirChenjin Thu 02-Apr-20 13:42:07

I’d be firing off a letter of complaint if I were you merlot grin

merlotgran Thu 02-Apr-20 13:44:00

DH has probably already done it, SirCh.

He sighs and rolls his eyes every time it comes on and I grab a tissue.

SirChenjin Thu 02-Apr-20 13:50:30

grin I’m sure his letter will be lightening the mood at guide dog HQ

farview Thu 02-Apr-20 14:12:46

Glad it's not just me..thank you all...good to know that we can come on GN and just say how we are feeling...⚘⚘⚘for all of you..

Luckygirl Thu 02-Apr-20 14:21:01

That was me yesterday - sparked off by a letter telling me I have several £K due to be returned to me from PIP payments. Why would that reduce me to a weeping heap? - they needed me to copy wills, death certificate etc. and I thought I was done with having to wade through all that.

It just hits randomly - but today is a better day thank goodness.

flowers to all struggling at the moment.

EllanVannin Thu 02-Apr-20 15:06:36

It was yesterday that I had a " bit of a do " with an imaginary sore throat ? I don't know where the thought came from at all.
Overthinking is what a lot of us are doing right now I think.

All's well today though as I saw my GS, from a distance, on his way to work for a 3 to 11 shift, aww, but I wanted to hug him. He gets a lift with 2 other workmates.

Well done Luckygirl with your " windfall ". My D is in for one from her mortgage company, but it's a PPI and she got word this week that they hadn't forgotten because of the backlog. It's over 10 years overpayment. I love hearing about money being owed to people, it makes a change.

felice Thu 02-Apr-20 15:16:44

Same here today, I felt like I had 'hit a wall' this morning.
I was due to organise a big event in the Irish Pub nearby tonight, 60/70 people, raffles, fun quiz and lots of fun. First really major event of the year.
I did my shopping this morning and walked home past the Pub, got home and went to bed for 2 hours, just felt awful.
Early night with Midsomer Murders tonight, take care everyoneflowers

AGAA4 Thu 02-Apr-20 16:13:24

Heard the song 'He ain't heavy he's my brother'. Shed a tear. Very apt song for our NHS

Grannynannywanny Thu 02-Apr-20 16:37:39

Having one of those days also. My daughter( Nhs nurse) sent home 6 days ago with cough, fever etc. SIL and 2 GC’s in 14 days isolation with her. Drove over and dropped off groceries on doorstep. Then waved in the window to them. I just about held it together looking at the kids through the window, blew them kisses and then wept for the 10 mile car journey home. Composed myself to get back into house without neighbours seeing the blubbering wreck I am. Then arrived home to lovely letters and drawings from my little GC who live 150 miles away and not seen for 4 weeks. That set off round 2 of tears and snot. Now it’s overwhelming anger that despite all the talk of testing there is still no testing available for my daughter and her family and so many like them. SIL on enforced 14 day leave from fire service as no test available. Sorry, that’s my moan over. Stay safe everyone x

sodapop Thu 02-Apr-20 17:40:59

I think we are all allowed a wobble at the moment. Such simple things seem to set them off sometimes. I had a few tears with Paul O'G and the old dog last night such a happy ending.
Take care everyone.

ginny Thu 02-Apr-20 17:47:48

Definitely no shame in tears.
I love talking to my Dds and DGs on FaceTime. I’m jolly and upbeat and then burst into tears when we have finished the call.

grannypiper Thu 02-Apr-20 17:50:35

brew [cake]

farview Thu 02-Apr-20 19:03:57

Good night God bless wobblers...tomorrow is another day???

dahlia Thu 02-Apr-20 19:12:54

I thought it was just me! I have needed to sob in our walk-in wardrobe, sometimes it is so much to bear, Farview, and we don't have the usual distractions of everyday life. I don't like DH to see me cry over such silly things (sweet stories of compassion/sacrifice/kindness, etc. etc.), he already thinks I'm a softie. When he gives me a hug, it starts me off again! I find afternoons worst, and sometimes the day seems endless - but there again, we are still here, the sun has been shining and spring is in the air. We all need a group cuddle, hankies at the ready! Love to you all. flowers

Fiachna50 Thu 02-Apr-20 19:21:58

I do empathise, I was a bit emotional watching Inspector Montalbano last weekend. I know that sounds daft.Thinking of happier times made me sad. Im dreading Easter, we always had our family together for a dinner, not this year.