Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Mon 06-Apr-20 06:10:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but mainly due to cloud and overnight rain here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday I went into Waitrose for a few items ,they opened at 0930 for browse , and tills opened at 10 , I had my selection used the self check system ,and was out , and seeing que forming outside.
It was also a difficult day, as well , just over 2 weeks since last out properly , but stick to my guns and hope the situation improves over the coming weeks.
It only needs something serious to happen where I with someone ,which would be a total lockdown for everybody in the building.
Mick

mumofmadboys Mon 06-Apr-20 06:27:43

Good morning all! I plan to do some gardening today( plenty to do!), few indoor jobs , a walk with DH and on line bridge this evening. Much the same most days at the moment! I am quite enjoying this quiet life I must admit. Usually talk to a few friends and family each day on the phone too. Take care and keep well everyone

Beechnut Mon 06-Apr-20 06:35:55

Good Morning from a damp Severnside everyone.
Mick you are helping me remember what day it is ?

Thank you all for you good wishes yesterday. You are a lovely good morning gang.

A think it will be a day of pottering and tidying.

It’s good to see your DD has other wedding plans Marydoll. Something to look forward to.

Welcome to the newbies and belated birthday wishes for Missiseff. I hope you all stay safe and well ?

Ginny42 Mon 06-Apr-20 06:41:29

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a grey dawn here in Cheshire and it's rained in the night. Yesterday wasn't the day I'd planned out in the garden as it wasn't warm and sunny, but very windy and chill. I sat in the garden with a throw around me, but not for long.

I have a walk in the woods each morning and usually find it sets me up for the day, but yesterday I felt down for the first time. I called some friends and felt better for the contact. So today I plan to eat well, do some baking, carrying on with my painting and concentrate of how fortunate I am.

Take good care of yourselves and stay safe. flowers for all.

Sar53 Mon 06-Apr-20 06:54:22

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea, although I think it may rain later according to the forecast.
Normal Monday in lockdown for us today. DH has a conference call at 9.30 with about 6 of his work colleagues. I will do some cleaning and maybe some ironing.
If it's not wet we will probably go out for our daily walk.
This afternoon I want to get on with my patchwork, I'm hoping to make a quilt and have it ready for when we finally get back to some kind of normality.
Have the very best day you can and stay safe everyone xx.

Scentia Mon 06-Apr-20 06:56:18

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. We have had rain overnight and it looks grey and damp out there.
I need to go into work today as we have had orders in over the weekend and they need processing. I will come home as soon as all work is done.
I do hope that Matt Hancock doesn’t have to increase the lockdown measures but I fear it will be extended if nothing else.
I am really missing my DGS and I hope everyone will do as they are told so we can end this as soon as possible.
Take care everyone and stay safe ❤️

ninathenana Mon 06-Apr-20 06:58:31

Morning Mick and everyone.

Sun is trying to come out but we are forecast rain later in Kent.
We should be off on our Warner's break today sadbut of course for the best we aren't going. Even if they were open.
Stay safe everyone.

Newquay Mon 06-Apr-20 06:59:51

Good morning all. Well we certainly had an unusual Golden Wedding on Saturday that’s for sure! We put a poster in our front window and had a steady stream of passers by, friends, neighbours as well as phone calls and FT-all great fun.
Yesterday, after morning online Palm Sunday service, sat in garden listening to neighbours’ young children playing-no medicine better than the laughter of children. It was marred by someone having a bonfire!! Smelt like kippers when we came in!
More gentle gardening today, usual walk later. Take care everyone.

Pantglas2 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:00:49

Morning Mick and all who follow from a clear and dry north Wales- it’s promising a beauty today so will wash the pillows and get them back on the bed before tonight. These are the little things that please me nowadays!

Belated birthday greetings to mississef and welcome to quite a few new names I’ve noticed in the past week - this is the bestest thread because we’re all starting the day full of hope and ‘brand spanking new’ before life unleashes its challenges for the day!

Stay safe everyone x

kittylester Mon 06-Apr-20 07:03:00

Morning all from a grey North Leicestershire.

We did lots in the garden yesterday and you can see the difference but there is still a lot to do. Not having to get ready for the Open Gardens has made us relax and not do what needs doing. A local nursery is still doing deliveries so we have compost, manure and bark waiting to be used.

We spoke to DD3 yesterday but the children were too busy playing with the children next door (from their own gardens!!) and only managed a quick hello.

Today we plan to sort out the back of our wardrobe!!! It slopes into the eaves and there could be all sorts in there. shock

Take care everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:03:15

Goodmorning Mick and all x

It is brightening up here in S E Essex, but we have rain forecast for later.

Ironing today, and sort/tidy a wardrobe, I intend to have pristine cupboards/drawers/wardrobes at the end of this isolation.

Hope you get your walk Sar53 AC said that the beach/sea wall was quiet yesterday, the majority of people are doing their bit and staying home apart from exercising.

Keep safe and well folks ?

brook2704 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:08:31

Good morning Mick and all from a bright dry Inverness morning, I hope the wind drops a bit today - it was really strong yesterday !
Enjoyed a couple of video calls yesterday from DGSs - they were playing outside in their garden in the sunshine and I so wished I was there.....
I think today I’ll have a short walk in the woods and then potter in the garden - again !
I hope everyone has the best day they can
Take care ?

Sark Mon 06-Apr-20 07:09:22

Good Morning everyone.
Bit grey and damp in Oxfordshire.
Nothing much to say this morning...like everyone else I am missing the family but onwards and upwards.
Belated congratulations to Newquay what a lovely way to celebrate.
Hope everyone has as good a Monday as possible and stay safe.

Grandmafrench Mon 06-Apr-20 07:09:48

Morning everyone. Stay strong, Mick - together we can come through this.

Glorious morning, cats and dogs clamouring to go outside early. Today’s a shopping trip day - unfortunately - no fresh food left in fridge. So Mr GF will do the deed for us, armed with a list of stuff required and enough verbal instructions to make his head spin! I do worry: I’d honestly be happy now if we just stayed at home but needs must. Tomorrow he needs to collect more essential pills for our cat from the Vet, but the Vet’s wonderful Wife has agreed to take them to her new Wine shop - where she’ll meet my DH and put his wine in our car boot. Obviously it’s sometimes useful to have a cat for an alibi.

Read this morning that a —lunatic— guy tried walking into Spain yesterday via the Pyrenees from France “to buy some cheap cigarettes”. He had to be rescued - cold, lost and exhausted - and was also relieved of €135 for breaking the rules. All the rules, probably!

Well done, Ginny for giving yourself a good talking to. I had a couple of friends ‘phone yesterday. It made me laugh a lot...always the best medicine.

Hope all with sadness, illness or just wobbles have a better day. I’m going to have a 2nd attempt at changing some bed linen this morning : yesterday’s rather feeble effort was derailed by a cat. I also intend to make some talcum powder. It’s impossible to buy and I hate to be without it.

Take care all. Keep smiling - another week nearer to The Great Escape sunshineflowers

dragonfly46 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:15:05

Good morning, hoping it will brighten up here in Leicestershire as I want to wash all my winter jumpers.

Nothing else planned today although may tidy the edges of the lawn.

Doorstop Mon 06-Apr-20 07:15:14

Good morning Mick and everyone,
Dry day in Hertfordshire, Sets me up for the day reading all your posts. Gardening yesterday, will have to clean kitchen today. DH painting bedroom. Wish there was somewhere nice to walk to. Will try my new slow cooker out today.
Kind thoughts to you all.

Kalu Mon 06-Apr-20 07:27:27

Good morning Mick and all. It’s a windy day in Glasgow which, always trying to look on the bright side, means, it’s a good drying day so washing out is the plan at the moment.

Didn’t feel like doing much yesterday so we had a very lazy day, reading, crosswords and phone calls then at one point, DH found an old Armchair Theatre to watch which was really dated now.

Shopping list to finish for a Waitrose visit, written in order of aisles to stop me having to do any u turns?

Have the best day you can everyone.

NanKate Mon 06-Apr-20 07:30:21

Morning Mick and All.

Grey but improving later in the day here in South Bucks.

I think a few of us had a wobble yesterday which is quite natural. I’m like Mick I like to go out most days even to window shop (DH can’t understand the concept of window shopping). Are we starting week 3 on lockdown, it just feels like 6 ??

If we don’t hear from you for a day or two Kitty it’s because you have popped into Narnia.

Keep going folks.

Grammaretto Mon 06-Apr-20 07:32:03

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Dull today.
I was reading an old thread by mistake. It was a few weeks ago and I couldn't understand why you were all talking about going out!!
We had some lovely moments yesterday - out in the garden listening to birdsong with no rushing about. Phonecalls with our DC and DGC. and my DPiL.

Happy belated Anniversary Newquay flowers
Hope everyone has the best day you can.

Lins1066 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:34:07

Good Morning Mick and all. A dry and sunny start on the S Welsh coast after rain overnight.
Belated congratulations toNewquay ?
It is nice to see the pictures of rainbows on our walk yesterday. Children are displaying them in windows and they raise a smile. Plenty of little jobs needed about the house today. Hope that everyone will have as good a day as they can.

NannyJan53 Mon 06-Apr-20 07:35:43

Good Morning from a damp Black Country. It rained overnight after a lovely sunny day yesterday/

Didn't post yesterday as I had a bit of a 'wobble' and felt really down, so didn't want to bring gloom here.

Kept busy though and managed to shake it off. Tidied garage and swept the floor. Can't take anything to tip so was a matter of making organised chaos so you could at least see the floor smile Then cleaned the windows and UvPc, whilst partner tidied the garden.

Today I aim to tidy front drive, and weed between the paving slabs. This is after I do the Joe Wicks workout at 9am. Keeping busy is the key I think.

DD popped over Saturday with some provisions, and my belated Mothers Day present. It was hard having to only speak through the window. She won 6 novels in a competition and brought them for me to read. I have started one it is very good. 'She' by HC Warner.

Wishing you all the best day possible.

BlueSapphire Mon 06-Apr-20 07:39:50

Good morning from Northampton where it is raining..

Had a good day yesterday. We had our neighbourhood drinks party at lunchtime, taking chairs and picnic tables out onto our drives, sitting at least 10 metres away from each other. It was lovely sitting in the sunshine with a nice G&T, calling across to each other. We are planning on making it a regular Sunday event.

Took the cats out into the garden in the afternoon and for the first time had a chat with the neighbour who lives the other side of the back fence. Her DH was up a ladder fixing something, so I said hello and then she climbed up the ladder and we talked for a while. Don't normally see them as it is a 6 foot fence!

And then in the evening we had a family trivial pursuit game via WhatsApp, which was great fun! It was good to see everyone. Didn't finish the game, but will continue it next Sunday.

Sainsbury's delivery due at lunchtime, but apart from that a bit of pottering, Hoover upstairs perhaps. Will do the Joe Wickes exercises and online ballet later.

Have a good day everyone.

CherryCezzy Mon 06-Apr-20 07:53:36

Good Morning to you all. ? here in the Gower. It rained yesterday evening and during the night. Even after all the rain we had this winter I was glad it did, the garden needed it.
Strangely looking forward to the volunteer delivering my medications this morning.
Happy belated birthday ? Misseseff
Happy anniversary ? for yesterday Newquay . It actually sounds quite lovely, romantic.
Lots of cleaning jobs to be getting on with today, starting with the shower room. Then some garden sunshine I think.
Look after yourselves and stay safe ❤️

cornergran Mon 06-Apr-20 07:57:49

Morning Mick, morning All. Clear blue sky over our corner of Somerset after some overnight rain, the wind has dropped so a more pleasant walk to come later. Laundry to do, phone calls, some admin - lock down or no it still multiplies - faffy things today for us both. We all have not so positive days mick, keep your resolve. Be gentle with yourselves everyone and stay safe.

Marydoll Mon 06-Apr-20 07:59:42

Good morning all from a very cloudy Glasgow, where it's 5 C. It looks like it will be plesant day, as the sun has come through as I was about to post.

Welcome to all the newbies, I'm beginning to lose track of all the names. It's lovely that new posters have found this supporting thread. Give yourself a gold ? Mick.

Beechnut, DD has the party planned, but no wedding date booked, as yet! grin. However, she does expect to be married by then. It's shame as the license palaver will have to start all over again from the begining. I wonder is the Govt will allow for an extension in the present circumstances and accept all the original paperwork as still valid. ?

Newquay, belated congratulations for yesterday. ? You won't forget your anniversary in a hurry, but I'm sure you had a great day, regrdless.

An admin day for me today. sad. When I was teaching, I hated the admin part and nothing has changed.
I still cannot access the online dispute section of the credit card site, (wedding refund) so another online chat in store. There is no point phoning.

As I am taking part in a research programme about my heart condition, sponsored by the British Heart foundation, I received multiple pages of questions, which I have to answer about my treatment, how I'm coping etc.
However, like most surveys, it is does not allow for conditions, which might impact on the result. e.g, the present sheilding situation.
If I answer the tick box questions, it looks as if I'm a lazy so and so, as I can't have my daily cardiac walk. Thanks goodness I didn't receive it just after the wedding cancellation, as it also asks how you are feeling.
Everything is coloured, but what's happening at present , but not really retated to my condition. I wonder how the researchers can really get a true picture. I would come across as lazy and depressed and that's definitely not me! grin
Also there isn't enough space to write in my medication, so I will need to type it up, more admin, as my repeat script doesn't show all my meds. sad
I an see a job here for myself, redesigning their survey. wink
The best part is, I asked if I could do it electronically, as I'm being sheilded and it would guarantee delivery of the survey. No, messaged the doctor! It has to be posted. Now, therein lies the problem. grin How do I leave the house, without being stopped by the police, being fined or catching Coronavirus.?

A little bit more pottering in the garden today, I thoroughly enjoyed my time yesterday, quite happy enjoying the solitude. However, I'm as stiff as a board, even stiffer than normal, but I slept so much better. Every cloud......

I will love you and leave you, as my mum used to say. I have bed linen to put out.
(((Hugs))) for all who need it and have the best day you can.
Gilly, hoping today's a better day and Susan, praying the the wee one is a bit better

For all my virtual pupils, I'm about to post today's maths teaser. It will leave you square eyed, ??????wink