Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(91 Posts)
12Michael Tue 07-Apr-20 06:10:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley looks a bit grey above ,with overnight rain.
Into week 3 of lockdown, apart from having some walking,and getting food from Supermarket.
Starting to miss my Tuesday routine as well, but hopefully a brighter future of being able to do those things again lays ahead but when??
Mick

Beechnut Tue 07-Apr-20 06:30:56

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is dry and should be a lovely day.

It’ll be a day much the same as yesterday for me, pottering and more tidying. I will go into the garden even if it’s just to sit although I do want to get the patio area tidy by Easter.

The blossom is coming out on the trees in my street, Hope is in the air along with a contrail at the moment heading east.

Look after yourselves all and stay safe ?

Ginny42 Tue 07-Apr-20 06:31:32

Morning Mick and everyone. It's been a bright moonlit night and the moon is just setting over the woods opposite. The blackbird made me laugh this morning it was making such a racket. Yesterday was warmer in Cheshire but there was a flurry of what looked a bit like snow at one point.

I did some work in the garden yesterday and in the absence of plants to fill spaces, I divided some forget-me-nots and dotted those around. I may regret it when they take over, but the splash of blue is lovely and is my lockdown answer to sparse flower beds. Today I hope to sit and enjoy them.

My usual walk in the woods round 9.00 and then settle into my new norm. Bake a little, paint a little and sit a lot. Sounds like a firm of solicitors. Watched Ladies in Black yesterday and loved the 50's fashions. Was it really so long ago I had dresses like those?

I've got some music I can do Zuma Gold to, so I'll have a session later. Thanking my lucky stars that I have lovely neighbours who top up my food stores so I don't have to go to the shops.

Very warm wishes to everyone. Stay safe and well.

Scentia Tue 07-Apr-20 06:45:32

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. It looks like we are in for a sunny day today.
‘Working’ from home today, I will take the pooch out on the bike later, but first I need to get a new work contract printed out, signed and returned. I have taken a job to help out with our finances whilst the factory is in partial lockdown. Hope I cope with a ‘proper’ job!!
I hope everyone has the best day possible today and stay safe everyone❤️

NanKate Tue 07-Apr-20 06:49:01

Morning Mick and All.

Pale orange sun rising over South Bucks.

I too miss my routine*Mick*. I know I will appreciate the simple things in life when we return to normal, if normal still exists.

Must get down to finishing the weekly challenge I send to my 2 grandsons eg Measure yourselves and tell me how tall you are, what would Tudor people have eaten at a banquet etc? I am paying them 10p for every question they get right.

Have you come back Kitty from the back of your wardrobe and did you pop into Narnia? ?

Ginny42 Tue 07-Apr-20 06:49:45

Well done for just keeping on keeping on Scentia! Enjoy cycling with the pooch. flowers

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 07-Apr-20 06:55:43

Good morning from east London, promising blue sky outside; I thought it felt a bit cool until I remembered we’d turned the heating off yesterday. The Council has closed some of the smaller parks near here due to people not observing ‘the rules’ and all parks are going to be closed from 6pm. DP has been cleaning the toys he’s brought down from our back attic; surprising how far the dust from the building works went, as well as how long they’ve been up there. He mentioned he’d given up washing the Lego piece by piece (!) and reverted to bulk swilling. I didn’t think things had got that bad. Have a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Apr-20 07:00:04

Goodmorning Mick and all x

I am missing my routine also Mick I should imagine that is the same for so many at this strange moment in time.

I have been awake since 5am, my sleeping pattern is all over the place.

The birds are very vocal here in S E Essex, no seagulls on the field so the sea must be calm, blue skies and a warm day is forecast.

I am going to tackle the wardrobe that I intended to do yesterday, in my defence I finished the ironing!

Keep safe and well folks (I do hope our PM pulls through)

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Apr-20 07:01:45

Mythbirtthedragon Lego is ok to go in the dishwasher, as are most plastic toys.

NannyJan53 Tue 07-Apr-20 07:08:48

Good Morning from a very bright Black Country.

I too miss the routine. Just small things like wandering into town and browsing charity shops, popping to visit family.

Up early as hard to sleep with the news last night. I sincerely hope he pulls through this.

Ironing done yesterday, and will be sorting out wardrobe this week and putting away the winter clothes and bringing out from boxes in the loft the summer clothes. I always find things I have totally forgotten about, so it is like having something new!

Good luck with the new job Scentia

That is a very good idea regarding the grandchildren NanKate. Always a good incentive when cash is involved smile

Wishing you all a good day

NfkDumpling Tue 07-Apr-20 07:09:49

Morning All

A beautiful sunny spring day here in the north of Norfolk.

Seeds have been planted, weeds weeded, winter dead bits carefully trimmed back. I may go outside and polish the tulips or cut the edge of the lawn with scissors. Anything to avoid sorting the compost heap.

Virtual group hug to everyone who's feeling the strain. flowers

Liljan Tue 07-Apr-20 07:11:22

Good morning everyone, we had an extra busy day yesterday, had a 7am walk with the dog...then spent the rest of the day cooking and cleaning, DH spent the Whole day building shelving in the garage, only stopping for a bite of lunch and being called in for dinner @6pm. Had a food delivery at 8pm which took me an hour to disinfect and put away...I was glad to get to bed last night. Today I’m going to order plants from a nearby nursery who are doing home deliveries so that should keep me occupied for a day or two. Sending good wishes to everyone and thinking of all those who are doing it tough at the moment.

brook2704 Tue 07-Apr-20 07:11:33

Good morning everybody from a dry bright Inverness.

Just woken up listening to the birds singing and noticed yesterday we had some birds in the little nesting box on the side of the house

I’m feeling a bit subdued this morning after the news about Boris - I really hope he pulls through this dreadful illness . And many others in the same situation

Take care everyone especially if you need to go out and take care ?

Sar53 Tue 07-Apr-20 07:12:19

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
Another day, they all seem to merge into each other at the moment.
I have a tea loaf to make, the fruit has been soaking overnight then we are going for a walk along by the sea.
I had a lovely chat with one of my 11 year old granddaughters yesterday. She is usually very monosyllabic but she was telling me what she misses and how she is keeping in touch with her friends. She is in year 6 and due to start secondary school in September and is really upset that she may not go back to Junior school this school year.
Well upwards and onwards as they say.
Have the best day you can and stay safe xx

Sark Tue 07-Apr-20 07:13:35

Good Morning everyone.
Quite sunny here in Oxfordshire.
That is a lovely idea for your grandsons NanKate
Had a really wobbly day yesterday but am determined today will be better. Have stripped the bed for a start so lovely clean sheets should help for a better night.
Best wishes to all flowers

kittylester Tue 07-Apr-20 07:21:29

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

Didnt make it even into the wardrobe yesterday kate, never mind Narnia. We are finding that a project every other day works for us.grin Though I did polish the furniture in the dining room!

I also hate not having a routine and the freedom to nip to Waitrose for milk. DH and I are usually very busy with volunteering and friends and family and are a bit rudderless without that. My mum used to say that it's good to have things to hang your week on and she was right - certainly in our case. And, I miss my cleaner!!

Take care everyone!

ninathenana Tue 07-Apr-20 07:21:31

Good morning everyone.

Another lovely day in Kent. Birds are singing and I can smell the sea air.
I need to adjust the heating, it was rather warm in the lounge last night.
DH has gone to the plot for a couple of hours and I have paper work staring at me hmmmm.
Have a good day everyone.

Pantglas2 Tue 07-Apr-20 07:24:11

Morning all from a dry and bright north Wales where I’m lolling abed with my chamberpot feeling sorry for myself as it’s my daughter’s birthday and I can’t give her a hug! Never mind, we can FaceTime over a cocktail later!

Conservatory’s turn for a good bottoming today - all this lovely weather must be some consolation for the restrictions we’re tolerating mustn’t it?

Had sad news that a friend’s grandson is in intensive care and I find my mind wandering and can’t settle to anything- she must be going through the mill at the moment sad

Take great care Grans x

Grammaretto Tue 07-Apr-20 07:26:54

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The sky is almost white.
Yoga on zoom, followed by more gardening, followed by a snooze.
Tuesday night is family quiz night.
The consultant wants DH in for a scan tomorrow which is a worry.
I will drive him in and sit in the car.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Urmstongran Tue 07-Apr-20 07:27:06

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another day of white cloud. Bit warmer though.

Caught on the news last night that Boris had been moved into ICU. I felt upset and must admit he was my first thought when I woke. I hope he pulls through this awful virus, poor man.

The swifts have arrived here the last couple of days. Screeching and doing their swooping acrobatics. They fly so fast and as we are up on the 6th floor they swerve at the windows with seconds to spare!

I slept better last night. I drank less wine. Now I need to curtail consumption, it’s too easy to ‘relax’ this way. Self medication.

Well done getting your new job Scentia. Very positive action by you in these uncertain times.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone. x

NfkDumpling Tue 07-Apr-20 07:35:04

Good to hear the swifts are passing over you Urmston, we'll be watching out for them soon then. At least this year they should get a safer passage, I wonder if it'll make a noticeable difference.

Urmstongran Tue 07-Apr-20 07:44:27

I love to watch them NfkDumpling! They are so noisy! They have their morning session and then another at dusk. Last year, one windy evening, a youngster (a learner!) got blown onto our balcony when 3 of our windows had been folded back! I like birds, but not up close. It looked sleek like a seal. Himself had to get hold of it and throw it up into the air. I’m ashamed to say I jumped back behind the patio doors shutting them firmly - I couldn’t have rescued it. Since then someone suggested if it happens again, throw a towel over it to pick it up & release. They can’t lift themselves up from the floor.

Mapleleaf Tue 07-Apr-20 07:45:56

Good morning all,

It's a beautiful morning here, with sunshine and blue sky for now. Quite chilly, though.

Today, I need to pop out and get some fresh milk and veg. When I get back, I am going to make a simnel cake - a Delia recipe. Other than that, no plans except a daily walk around the block.

Sorry to read about your friends grandson, Pantglas2. She must be so worried. I pray that he pulls through.

Take care everyone.

cornergran Tue 07-Apr-20 07:47:28

Morning Mick, morning All. Misty start in our corner of Somerset, blue sky appearing behind it. We’ve changed our routine so we now walk immediately after breakfast, thoroughly enjoy it. Mr C is lost without his paintbrush so trying to sort his next project. Some phone calls checking on neighbours later then a nice long chat with a friend. Local garden centre delivered ‘stuff’ yesterday evening so plenty of pottering potential for me. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Greyduster Tue 07-Apr-20 07:52:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A light frost in South Yorkshire but the sun is out. We will carry on with our Spring clean by moving on to the dining room today. And the dreaded ‘cabinet of curiosities’ will need my attention. If DH had his way he would chuck it all in the bin!?
I made a fruit cake yesterday so we will cut it later with our morning coffee.
Stay safe. Stay well. Have the best day you can.